2021/11/25

Lost on Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving 2021 to all!  I hope you had a Blessed day with family or friends and if you didn't, I hope you found some joy in your day.  I spent the day in my hometown with most of my family and we had a great time.  A lot of laughs and a lot of food but when it's Thanksgiving, the food part is considered a norm.  

Honestly, I have been dreading this day for a while.  The thought of being around a large group of people gives me anxiety.  Ever since Q left my world, large groups just aren't for me.  Even Walmart is uncomfortable.  Especially on weekends. Anyway, I made Texas Roadhouse rolls and they were good but they sure didn't cut well.  They looked like someone took a hacksaw to them.  I think I cut them too soon.  And that Texas Roadhouse butter... you can't beat it.  I made it for the first time and it was GOOD!  I also made a roaster of chicken and noodles and they were good too.  But, they looked like a couple of kindergartners threw them in a pot, but hey...we can't win them all.  I feel like I can't cook or bake anything with any confidence anymore.  As long as I don't poison anyone,  I will take it as a win in my book.  For now.  I hope to get back to the level of cooking and baking that I used to do.  I thank God for the people around me that helped my food along.  

While I had such a great time being around those that I love so much, I left with a heavy heart and I felt quite numb.  I feel like people feel like they need to be careful around me.  I don't want people to feel that way.  If someone wants to ask questions about him, I will be glad to talk about him.  Let's just not talk about the ring ceremony thing, ok?  That's my huge struggle.  I hope someday to be able to talk about that without getting upset.  Someday.  Q and I didn't always spend our holidays together.  I'm telling you that if there was any hunting that could be done, I was on my own.  And he was never into sports so watching football was never fun for him but he did love to go see all the kids and play with them.  So the part of him not being by my side wasn't so bad.  It was the part where I didn't receive a call and hearing "Hey babe..." I can still hear his voice saying it. No text telling me some excited news from his adventures.  He sure made me smile.  He still makes me smile.  God I miss that man in my life.  I know he is in such a great place but I'm still lost at finding my place in this world.

I made a stop at the Lake of Three Fires and watched the geese for a little bit and just talked to Q and cried for a little bit.  It was refreshing and the wind had died down just enough to be able to be outside and enjoy it.  With his help from above, we came to a decision on what to do with our wedding rings when the times comes and that made my heart so happy.  Then on to my girl's house to meet her grandsons and just take a breather from life.  

It was a good day.  But I'm glad it only comes around once a year.  Now to prepare myself for the Christmas holidays.  I can breathe a little sigh of relief that I will be at work over Christmas so that will be a good distraction.  I love Christmas though so it should be bittersweet.  I keep telling these dogs to be good because Santa is watching.  Of course, I didn't say that until they destroyed some items that I can't replace but what can you do, right?  Well, since I threatened Santa, they have been angels.  I hope they can keep that up.  After that, I don't know what I will hold over their heads to behave.  Cupid?  That little Irish man?  I don't know, I will think of something.

Changing the subject now...

Do you have something in your home that your friends think you get a little over the top about?  Currently, my thing is shower curtains.  Sounds hilarious, doesn't it?  Well, I like shower curtains and I like to change them out for every season.  This just started when I knew I was going to be moving to town.  I have a regular shower curtain; a fall shower curtain; a Christmas shower curtain; an Easter shower curtain; 4th of July shower curtain.  I'm on the hunt for a Valentine's day shower curtain.  Weird, huh?  And with every shower curtain, calls for matching hooks because what fun would it be to have the same hooks year round?  I don't know why the sudden urge for these things but I do love them.  Maybe I just need some new scenery when I'm doing my business.  I should get a shower curtain with a picture of these three little monsters of mine.  I wonder what they would think of that!  The thought makes me giggle.

And I'm not going to lie, with every shower curtain, there is a matching valance and a matching rug.  I'm impossible but it makes me feel good.  Anyway, who says my friends aren't just boring and I'm just that fun, right??  What is your weird?

I don't even know what to talk about here but I am going to keep plugging away until you have been bored out of your minds.

I binge watched 3 seasons of Yellowstone in 2 1/2 days last week.  That was something I said I wasn't going to do.  No interest.  I don't like cowboys.  I'm terrified of horses. Sounds bland.  I have never liked westerns.  But I felt like every day someone was asking "Do you watch Yellowstone?"  or "What do you think is going to happen next on Yellowstone?"  Oh the horror!  But I remembered when my boss told me to watch The Walking Dead and I loved it.  At least for the first several seasons.  After a while, it was just the same thing every episode so that fizzled out.  I don't even care for that anymore.  I couldn't even tell you if it was still on!  HA! 

Anyway, so I couldn't stop watching this show after I forced myself to watch the first 2 episodes.  I am not a Beth Dutton fan but I sure do like Rip.  So I guess I like cowboys after all!!  I still don't like those horses though.  I need to expand my horizons on the shows though.  I don't have Netflix.  I don't have Hulu.  But I do have a stupid Roku TV and I do have Paramount+ and Peacock.  Now I just don't know what to watch! I can tell you that I am sick and tired of "Minute to Win It" and whatever that poker show is where you have to answer questions to get to 21 in cards.  

Last month, I started watching Bar Rescue from the beginning.  I got through 6 seasons and I feel like I know exactly the correct way to clean a bar and kitchen.  Not that I thought cleaning would ever be a problem but if I owned a bar, I would be terrified to have Jon Taffer come into my world.  Absolutely terrified.  I noticed after I started watching Bar Rescue, I started cooking more.  And then I started watching Hoarders from the beginning and then the house cleaning ensued and before you knew it, all my totes and boxes were emptied and put away.  I think I need to binge watch something about eating healthy now because I eat like crap.  

What is/was your favorite binge worthy show?

I guess I will close for now until some other subject pops up that I have an opinion about or that is quirky.  I am getting there.  I'm just lost a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment