2023/01/09

Trying to keep busy

Hey there!  I have survived one whole week of 2023!  It's funny because I feel like someone placed 2022 on a sheet of ice and it just skated past us.  By the time November came, I had given up and just sat back and watched because I couldn't keep up anymore!  But I have now been in 2023 for seven days and it feels like a hundred!  I know January always feels like a long month and I suppose it's because we just spent two months shoving in several holidays and gatherings and food and now, we are all stuffed, bloated, exhausted and broke!  I sure hope this isn't the year of the turtle, or God forbid, the snail!!!

I have been trying to reason with a kidney stone since December 15th, 2022, and I finally got some medicine yesterday.  I am sure hoping it works it's magic because I'm about shit-full of this!  Does it hurt more when the stone is stuck or when it is flapping around in there?  I never can remember.  I have lowered my intake of caffeine to almost non-existent now and my head is throbbing.  It will be interesting to see who wins this battle, my head or my kidneys!  HA!

The next 7 days should prove to be interesting as to just how much stuff I will get done and how much exercising I will make myself do.  I still haven't decided if I want to make another weekly goal of a loss or not but leaning more toward waiting another week.  Maintaining weight is so much harder than losing weight.

Back in May I had purchased a new Fitbit but couldn't get it to sync with my new iPhone, so I got mad and took the Fitbit back.  I was done with those things!  Never wanted another one again.  And fast forward to February 2023, where we are going to be needing a Fitbit to complete a wellness challenge for our insurance.  We aren't obligated to do these things, but it gives me a reason to not sit on my ass all the time AND this time they are giving us the Fitbit so................we will try again!  Besides, the more county employees that participate, the lower our prices get on our insurance, and we can all use that!  So that new challenge starts in February and goes through September.  I should be pretty sick of it by then!  
I think to keep my head straight this year I am going to have to have some kind of a challenge every month.  I really do love to torture myself!

I signed up for a 2 mile per day challenge for St. Jude's Children.  I mean, as if I am not already planning on being sick of walking!  HA!  Oh well, it's for a good cause and I am trying to get my feet better so this is the best way to do it.  Plus, it may give me a reason to get a new pair of shoes this spring!  I do love me some shoes.

Oh!  And speaking of the things I do love.  Apparently, jeans are back on that list.  The most pairs of jeans I have ever owned at one time is 12.  I think.  13 tops.  Today I was rearranging my clothes and putting laundry away and I own 16 pairs of jeans.  SIXTEEN!!!  Holy denim days!!!  I have a pair of jeans from Walmart that I bought years ago, and they are about to go bye-bye because when the belt doesn't work well anymore, the jeans gotta go!  That means a dozen pair of them are Maurices jeans (ummm and one pair of Maurices capris, shhhh).  Recently, I ordered a pair of jeans from an advertisement on Facebook.  Yes, I took a chance, and it was in my favor.  I got a pair of split hem jeans from Flamingo and am in love with them.  Now, the problem I have is that I should have counted just how many pairs of jeans I already owned.  But I did not do that.  So, I ordered two more. . Hehehe.  Don't judge.  I plan to lose a little more weight so some of those jeans will have to go out the door!  My loss, someone else's gain!

My friend Samantha got "75 HARD" in my head.  I have an interest in it but still don't know what all it entails, and I don't like to be punched in the gut and made to feel like I can't accomplish something after I've committed to it.  Ugh!  So, if anyone reading this has done it and wants to send me a message, I would appreciate any information you can give me!

Today, I went to Des Moines with my girl, Dana.  She got her nails done and I got to tan so we were both extremely happy.  Lunch at Jason's Deli because ya know..... diets and salads and all!  Still one of our favorite places to eat.  This picture bothers me because my hives haven't completely gone away under my eyes.  Boo!



Got home and started in on washing bedding and finishing up the blankets.  As of right now, I am waiting for my sheets to dry and then tomorrow I will work on the spare bedroom sheets aka the dog's bedding.  They won't be happy about it but it's getting done.


This beauty was given to me by a very dear friend, and I am in love with it.  Not only is it beautiful but it holds all my hoodies and winter hats/gloves.  Yes, I did pack all that crap in there tonight.  Why?  Because I'm taking a stand against winter right now.  All it does is make me depressed.  It was so beautiful today though.  The sunshine soaking into my skin when I was able to be outside was much needed.  Now, if the ground could dry out so I don't have to clean my floors so often, that would be amazing.  

I know, I know.  Don't even count on winter being close to over.  I get it.  I don't like it but I get it!!!!!!!!

Well, until I can think of something better to entertain you with, I will close for now.  I hope your week is fan-freaking-tastic!



  


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This is Renee, I don’t know why it’s anonymous or how to change it. 🤣 I’m getting old.

      Delete