2016/03/24

I'm content



I saw this on a Facebook post and thought it was the funniest...
funniest haha AND funniest hmmm...
post that this gal could have chosen
to publicly display.

WHY?

Because literally one week before she posted this thing,
I drove three hours to see her...
only to get this when I called to tell her I was in town
 "I woke up in pain.  
I mean I didn't get any sleep.
I'm not up for company.
I meant to text you last night
but must have forgotten."

OKAY...

Not trying to be a literal bitch here
but what is it?
Did you wake up in pain
OR
did you not sleep?
OR
did you really not have any intentions
of spending time with me.
Because I can accept that answer
just a little bit better.
You can't have it both ways.

JUST KNOW THIS

I don't "chase" nor do I want to be "chased."
You made your choice though.
And I'm okay with it.
The day you let me drive all that distance
without a single thought as to the money I spent
in gasoline;
or the time I took away from other people
that actually DID want to spend time with me,
And

I HAD ONE OF THE BEST DAYS!!

See, I was going to see if I could treat you
and your child to lunch.
I thought we could take a drive around town
and see some places that we used to go to.
I thought we might see a friend or two
that we shared from the "good ole days."
I thought we might stop at a park
and relax and "pick up where we left off."

BUT I DID IT WITHOUT YOU.

I took advantage of the day
and saw so many places,
that were once so special to me.
I walked some malls,
did some window shopping,
AND
ate at a restaurant all by myself.
And I didn't die.

It may not have been the best feeling
sitting there all alone
wondering;
but it sure beats the feeling of
dragging my ass out of bed 
before the crack of dawn
and driving three hours
only to find out that you
couldn't be upfront with me;
that my time wasn't worth your trouble.

AND THAT'S OKAY.

Because I'm okay.
And I'm tough.
And I learn from all my mistakes.

YOU'RE STILL THERE.
On my friends list
and I have no intentions of removing you.
Because you are always going to be
that reminder
that people can't always trust
people.

AND AGAIN, THAT'S OKAY.
Because I'm content in my own company.

No comments:

Post a Comment