2018/01/25

Out of hibernation

Well, it's been three and a half months and I thought I should visit again.  Okay, maybe Steph planted that little seed!  And all I had to do was fill out one of those silly little Facebook thingys that reveal little pieces of yourself, your spouse, your life.  Ya know, in case anybody has a fancy notebook that they are writing down every bit of information I share on Facebook.  I thought I would just go back through that list and add insult to injury.

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?  - Cell phone bill
Why?  Not because I believe it's too much money (It is.  Don't get me wrong) but because Verizon...where I want to say they screwed me over...I can't because I wasn't paying attention.  It is more my fault than theirs.  I had a line removed off of our plan a few months ago because I thought it was out of contract.  When I was talking to the rep about removing it, he kept saying "Would you be interested in just keeping it as a prepaid line?"  Why would I do that???  Why???  What he should have said was "Do you realize you have another full year to pay on this device before it's out of contract?"  So as much as I would LOVE to blame Verizon, it is my own fault for not paying attention.  Apparently, it's been a long year!!!  Heck, I thought two had passed!

2. When was the last time you had a romantic dinner? - Well...we went to Taco John's together the other day. Does that count? I mean, he did use a napkin this time!
For those of you that know my husband, you also know that there isn't a romantic hair on his head.  He wouldn't know how to be romantic if he had to so it's a darn good thing he doesn't have to.  God Bless him though.  He tries once in a while.  It's just that his idea of romantic and my idea of romantic are absolutely the opposite things.  I remember one night, sitting in the living room, watching TV and he is engrossed in his phone (funny how that is a normal thing for me now).  I asked him what he was doing and he said he Googled "how to be romantic."  For the love of all things holy and right, UNCLE GOOGLE IS NOT WHERE YOU NEED TO BE LEARNING THIS STUFF!!!  I sound like a mother there, don't I?  "You'll shoot yer eye out!"  But hey, on the bright side, at least he made the effort to "learn," right?

3. What do you really want to be doing?  - Cuddling with my poopie butts (Annie & Eva).
No lie here, folks.  This is one of my favorite pastimes in life.  Cuddling with the dogs.  I lay on the couch and Annie lays behind my legs with her head on my feet.  She knows I have cold feet all the time so she does her best.  Little Eva Diva lays her 9.5 lb. body on my side with her head facing the window so she can see ANYBODY or ANYTHING that comes near our house so she can scare them away...or eat them.  Going back to Annie...if I get up off the couch for any reason, she takes my spot on the pillow.  Little brat.

4. How many colleges did you attend? - Uno...that was enough.
No, I didn't take Spanish.  I thought about going back to college a couple of years ago.  I'm glad I didn't do that.  I'm not sure how finishing a degree in Business Administration would help my life now.  Another student loan to pay off and scrambling to meet schedules of a full-time job and school.  No thanks.  I have never really enjoyed school that much.

5. Why did you choose the shirt you have on now?  - Because my work requires us to wear them...and it's green...and it matches my pants.
I may just leave this one alone.  I'm assuming unless you're a wrestler or a lifeguard, your boss doesn't care if you show up without a shirt.  My boss...he would care very much and let's be honest here... NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT!!!  Let's just move on.  The visuals have started coming.

6. Thoughts on gas prices now?  - None. I'm gonna have to have it no matter what.
Pretty true statement there too.  When gas was outrageously high, we still bought it, didn't we?  We may not have went far on our family vacations through that, but we still bought gasoline.  I could always switch to an electric car but no...I don't want to do that.  I love my SUV.  I, like so many others, remember exactly what I was doing when the twin towers were hit in New York. on 911.  I was working at Godfather's Pizza/Bedford Country Store and I will never forget how long the lines were to get gasoline after that happened.  I can still hear Kristi in disbelief saying "Is one tank of gas going to make that much difference?"  And she was right.  Why do people do that?  It's not like, upon attack, we are going to hoard our gasoline!  Heck, we're going to be fighting for our lives! Anyway...

7. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning?  - I don't use alarm clocks. That's the beauty of working at night.
This is a funny one.  I did actually set my alarm last night because I was having a terrible time falling asleep and I was afraid I was going to oversleep.  So I set the alarm for 22:45 (that's 10:45 pm for those of you not in the know), and just like it was supposed to do, it went off.  I got up and slipped on some sweat pants and grabbed a shirt and headed downstairs.  The dogs thought they needed to potty so I took them outside and talked to them while they piddled.  I happen to look down and my Fitbit flashed the time.  "Did that say 23:51?"  I tapped it and again read 23:51.  If I would have had time, I would have crapped my pants, but I didn't!!!  And my heart started beating in double time.  You know how it feels when you are running late for something important and when you finally arrive, you are still in hyper mode and it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get back to normal!  I ran in the house, luckily no injuries to either dog as they ran in with me, and said "Quintin it's 10 till midnight and I'm going to be late! GO TO BED!  Yeah, he was asleep in his chair.  I didn't even wait for an answer because I was running up the stairs to get some jeans on an make sure my newly permed hair wasn't too much out of whack!  "Screw it, I'm wearing the sweatpants.  They will just have to deal!"  As I started down the stairs in my mad fury, I happened to look at my phone that was about to go into my pocket.  22:53....check the Fitbit...22:53...of course I read it wrong.  Who am I to think I need to be completely awake before making such a decision in my life!  And, as I said before, it took me forever to really wind down and get out of that "I'm late" frenzy!  I just realized how much I have to mother this husband of mine.  What a baby.

8. Last thought you have before you go to bed? - OK so this may be a little weird but literally, the last thing I do before going to sleep is ask God to keep my deputies safe that night.
My prayers are mostly always with these other guys I seem to mother too much.  Dang deputies always taking up all my time!  I can't even go to sleep without thinking about them...and their safety!  But seriously, not just the guys I work directly with, all of "my" guys are included in my prayers.  Too many bad things out in our scary world these days.  Nobody is truly safe.

9. Do you miss being a child?  - Sometimes but only because I miss my parents.
I don't have a problem being an adult.  I have a problem not being able to talk to my dad and mom.  Sometimes I think how easy life would seem if I could just go sit on their couch with them while they watched TV.  I can still hear dad's boisterous laughter and mom shaking her head.  It's the simple things.

10. What errand/chore do you despise the most? - Grocery Shopping for the win!
I've made this pretty well known.  I hate going to the grocery store.  Always have.  Always will.  And if my hatred for the grocery store isn't enough, our local Fareway extended their aisles and it sucks!  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for walking the extra mile for just about anything in life but when they took out the middle aisles (if you're not familiar, Fareway used to have half-aisles and you could cut through at the halfway mark instead of going to the complete end of the aisle...I'm shutting up on this now), they also moved everything in the store.  The bread has moved.  The candy has moved.  The veggies have moved.  AND NONE OF THEM GAVE A FORWARDING ADDRESS!  I just can not stand it when a grocery store revamps their stuff.  Makes me want to stop shopping there!

11. Up early or sleep in? - Look...if I get 4 hours at a time, I don't care what time of day it is, it's a good day!
Yes, this.  Except it was supposed to say 4 uninterrupted hours of sleep.  That's perfect.

I'd be lying if I told you I'm not exhausted right now.  Wow, lazy Shellie.

12. Found love yet? - I guess so.......at least that's what he tells me
Oh Quintin!  For all the grief you give me...dirty socks stuck in the back of the couch, toilet seat left up, demolitions, additions, doggy chores...for all of that, I wouldn't trade you for the world.  How did you get so lucky???

13. Favorite lunch meat?  - Bologna or hot dogs (that's lunchmeat kinda, right???)
I know there are so many people out there that will tell me not to eat that cheap stuff but I would just have to agree to disagree.  I don't care if it's made of snips, and snails, and puppy dog tails.  If it takes that good, I'm in.  Come to think of it, Eva does have a short little tail.....................

14. What do you get at Walmart every time?  - Bread...the bread you eat.
That explanation was for my readers with a dirtier mind than I have.  I just knew if I didn't specify, someone was going to ask me if I got bred by the people of Walmart.  For the record, the answer is: not every time! HA!  My husband eats so much bread it's almost disgusting.  I love bread as well but I can't eat it everyday.  I just can't!

15. Beach or lake?  - Neither?
Is it terrible that I don't care for either of these?  I like them both but I can't leave them as easily as take them.  Just give me an indoor pool where I can swim laps and not worry about that sun blazing down on me.

16. Is marriage overrated?  - No! I love being married! That's why I keep doing it again and again and again!
I have been married three times.  I love to be by myself but I also love to spend time with my husband.  Whether he likes it or not!  Marriage is a beautiful thing when you find that person that wants to give as much as you do.

17. Ever crashed a vehicle?  - Oh yes!
While I can say I have never (yet) head-on crashed into anybody, and I hope I never do, I can say that I have been the driver on one occasion, the passenger on one occasion, and it wasn't very fun either time.  Just say no to crashes!!!  No bueno!

18. Strangest place you've brushed your teeth?  - In my car.
I've done many strange things in my car so I'm thankful brushing my teeth was the question!  I have disposable toothbrushes and flossers in my car at any given moment.  You never know when you're going to need some oral hygeine!

19. Somewhere you've never been but want go?  - Arkansas, to see family
Okay, maybe I want to go to London too but Arkansas is on my short list.  I have wanted to go see my cousin Josh, and his beautiful family for years.  I will make this happen!

20. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?  - No. Just no.
I love where I'm at in my career.  I love the people I work with.  I love helping people and making a difference.  I think I'm pretty good at my job most days and it has been a fit for me since day one.  I wonder why.....

21. How old are You?  - Almost the big 5-0!
I may be 48 but I feel like I'm 28 in all honesty.  Except for those times that I feel 78 and those other times I wake up and look in the mirror and see 58.  Yep, I'm a hot mess all over the board but you wouldn't want me any other way!

22. Do you have a go to person? - Yes. Two of them. Lucky me.
I actually do realize how lucky I am and do not take for granted the two people that I get to call when things aren't going so well, when I am so stressed out I don't know what to do, when things are going so awesome in life that I just can't contain myself!  These two guys are always there when I need them to be.  They take me at my best and they take me at my worst and I couldn't be more blessed than that!

23. Are you where you want to be in life?  - Yes. Finally!
Is it just me or are we typing in circles now?  I mean, we covered love, career, and our go-to people, so what else is life?

24. Growing up what were your favorite cartoons?  - Tom and Jerry.
It's funny that it took me forever to think of what my favorite cartoon was.  This is what I came up with.  I would sit and watch Tom and Jerry for hours.  And I don't remember it being "funny" to me.  It was mindless watching at it's finest, I guess.  Same goes for Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.  I never laughed at that but I always kept watching.

25. What do you think has changed about you since you were a teenager?  - I learned that I need to please me instead of anybody else.
This is the important one of all I believe.  It has taken me forever to get here so I'm not going to waste a minute.  I feel my answer came across as I need to please myself instead of everyone else when it should come across as "I need to learn to put myself first sometimes just like I do others" because I try to do a lot of things for a lot of people.  The homeless people especially.  It has really become a cause for me and I don't ever want to stop.  I probably never will.  It is so second nature for me to come across something I haven't worn or used in over a year and think "This needs to go to someone who can use/love it because I am not using it." And I try to keep stock of the toiletry items because I can always go out and buy my own, they can not.
Speaking of, if you have made it this far and are interested, I am taking some stuff to the mission in March.  I would love to have some donations of toilet paper, shampoo, and/or soaps, as well as gently used clothing and plastic bags.

Well, congratulations.  We all made it.  We survived the great (LONG) blog of 1/2018.  I'm exhausted.  I'd love to go to bed but I don't see that happening for a long time now.  Have a beautiful day, a blessed week, and a plentiful year.....because I have no idea when I'll find my way back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment