2018/01/26

Ruff day

I am trying to decide what my mood is today; what this feeling is that has gotten me turned in so many directions.  I can't figure out if people are just on my nerves today or if I'm just at the end of my rope or if those two things are the same or not.  Today is one of those days that would be awful to be stuck in my head.  

One thing I definitely can nail down is I'm not tired.  Quintin took care of the dogs yesterday so I could sleep and it was MARVELOUS.  Rarely do I get a day when I'm not the major caretaker of these sweet poopie butts of ours.  Not that they are that much to worry about but they need their fair share of attention too.  And when they gotta go...well, they gotta go.  Doesn't matter if I'm in a deep sleep or not; when the urge hits, mommy gets woke up!!  So by the time they have peed and then walked around the dog pen enough to get their bowels to moving, I'm awake.  Sometimes, they let me have a 45 minute nap before they decide to go; sometimes I get 4 hours in.  It's hit and miss but I wouldn't trade it, even on my worst days.  So now that we are all awake, we have to go inside and wrestle (them, not me) and then kisses for mommy from both girls and then I get to throw the ball for Miss Evie for at least half an hour while Annie watches and I'm sure thanking God she doesn't have to play this stupid game.  She rolls her eyes at Eva a lot.  Couple hours later, they are ready to take a nap and mommy is wide awake.  See, you don't have to give birth to get this treatment!  You just have to love.  

I wish people were more like dogs.  When they get on our nerves we could just shut them outside for a while until either they realize they need to straighten up or we decide we can stand them again.  That may be the only reference I have when it comes to wishing people were more like dogs.  I am thankful...and I'm pretty sure you are too, even if you've never thought about it...that we, as humans, don't sniff each other's butts to see if we know or like each other.  The whole licking thing...yeah I'm glad we don't do that...yick.  

I was telling my husband this stuff a few weeks ago after I had been to school for a refresher for my job.  "Can you just imagine if we went potty like dogs?  There I would be in the middle of my school and have to go to the back corner and sniff around to find a suitable place to squat and pee...or worse, poop!  And how would we clean our butts???  I refuse to slide my butt across the carpet!!!  I mean, every building would have giant sand boxes or pee pads or whatever...and imagine the malls!!!  THINK about how many people potty a day at one mall alone!"  

It was then my husband looked at me lovingly, shook his head and thought about having me put down.  He was afraid I was rabid.  "Where the F*** do you come up with this stuff?"  What else do I have to do when I'm outside with the dogs?  I mean, it's just thinking out loud kinda stuff.  I have questioned him about the church roof and he didn't think there was anything wrong with what I had to say about that.  I told him that every morning I come out with the dogs, I count the little flags in the neighbor's yard.  Eight yellow and eight orange.  That I can easily see from the comfort of my folding chair.  He's used to my counting frenzies that I go on so that's probably why he doesn't think too much about that.  So why think I'm so darn strange because I think of life as a dog.  Men!

I just told a co-worker today that probably the real reason I never had children is because I would have gotten a boy and eventually he would turn into a man and well, today being a man apparently isn't a good thing in my book.  They are just on my nerves.  Not my hubby though.  He's safe for today.  I will say this for men:  I'm glad I'm not you.  Crap, every man should be terrified to look at, speak to, or even have any kind of human interaction with a woman he isn't connected to in some way.  Women coming out of the woodwork to accuse any man that they can find, for anything they can turn into a sexual abuse case.  

Don't get me wrong, if a woman is sexually abused, she needs to be heard and protected.  But she needs to step up and call this situation out because this whole mess of "He sexually abused me 12 years ago" crap just isn't working.  And it's making us women out to look like a bunch of weak, greedy, venomous people.  My mother was none of those and I sure as heck am not one of those.  If someone is going to do something so terrible to me, I am going to stand up and face it now, not years later.  We have become a nation of entitlement.  

Well...this went downhill fast.  I thought I was talking about dogs?  Well...there's no going back now, is there?  I can't even believe I tied those two subjects together once; I know I can't do it twice to get out of it so I'm not even going to try it.  I could always delete it but why would I do that?  These are just my ramblings; my thoughts; my feelings.  Those that don't like it can go fly a kite in Greenland.

I think I'm going to wrap this up.  Have a beautiful day, a marvelous week, and a fantastic year.


No comments:

Post a Comment