2022/05/17

I need to vent

So.............I'm probably going to sound really bitchy in this one but I don't see a way around it.  I will make it short and to the point.  If you get offended, I'm not sorry.

In case you don't remember...I am well aware that the anniversary of Quintin's death is near.  In fact, is is coming up on Monday, May 23rd.  It will be the year of "firsts" over and done with.  I was telling one of my girlfriends today that the "firsts" didn't really bother me.  Quintin wasn't a holiday person.  He didn't care about celebrating any of them.  So that in itself made those a bit easier for me to get through.

It was more often the days between the "firsts" that were harder to deal with.  Watching a television show and something would remind me of something he said or something he did and it would get to me.  A song on the radio that he liked (and usually I didn't particularly like it) and it would tug at my heart strings, whereas before I would ask him what on God's green earth made him like this ridiculous song!

So yeah.  The first year is almost over and done with.  I would love to get to regular programming if possible.  And to do that, I am going to ask that going forward, starting now, you don't send me a "thinking of you" message or a "heart" or a call, text, snapchat, TikTok....nothing.  Let's pretend I am the only one in the world that knows what this week is leading up to because my ends are frayed and my system is down.  I don't know how I will get through this because we can't foresee how we are going to react to anything and I want to do it my own way.  I have made plans for how my day will be spent. 

Please give me that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment