2022/05/01

May 2022 will be one for the books

 Hello again!  I'm not sure why I'm back but I found myself here so I guess I will just run with it and see where it goes.

For many years, I have had everyone's opinion of energy drinks shoved down my throat and for a while I didn't really care.  Then one day I got sick of it and decided if you don't like it, stay away.  I don't push my opinions down your throats so why was I letting the opinions of everyone else bring me down?  If you don't like it, you don't have to drink it.  Simple as that.  They work for me.

For years, I have been a diabetic and since Quintin passed, I knew I had to take care of myself and those drinks came in really handy.  They give me the energy to get the things done I need to get done.  I only drink the sugar free ones and honestly, they have helped me get the healthiest I have been in 15 years.  My goal has always been "used-to-be-diabetic" and I'll be darned if I'm not almost there.  My numbers are down so low and my appointments are about to be spread further apart; meds are going to be cut down on the next visit (or sooner if I have my way) and I am at a decent weight.  At least a weight I can live with if that's where I decide to stay.  

As of tomorrow, May 2, 2022 I have agreed to join a 30-day no energy drink challenge.  It should be interesting since this stuff is my blood line.  I can still have caffeine, just not in the form of an energy drink.  I feel sorry for anybody that has to be around me after about day 3!!!  Like my co-workers haha.  They think I can be bitchy now...just you wait!!!  I will either be blogging or locked up in my own padded cell.  If you don't hear from me, you might want to check!  I went to the store today and stocked up on coffee and tea so.................. it will get interesting.  And we're just doing it to say we did it and we survived.  I may be getting the cart before the horse but I'm committed (or need committed).

This week I am also cutting way back on my carb intake.  I feel like I have been going overboard and need to stick to above goal (that little diabetes thing) so I can achieve that long-term goal.  I am tired of living on things that work against me.  Time for me to shine.  AND WHO KNEW TAKING YOUR MEDS EVERY DAY WOULD HELP???!!!???  Crazy!!!

Along with this craziness, daily exercises are a must.  Thirty minutes of vigorous activity every stinking day, whether I like it or not.  It's a good thing I love my infinity hoop because that makes exercising fun!  I don't know why I ever let myself get out of the habit of exercising anyway.  Oh wait, neck injury, moved to another home, husband got sick and died... yep, that's what it was!  

It's time to stop sabotaging myself in the name of every little thing.  But I'm back and that's all that matters.  Starting up is the hardest part of exercising!  Let's do this!

I won't bore you with all the exercise stuff on my Facebook page!  Don't worry.  Just please cheer me on here-and-there.  I need your support and encouragement!  Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment