2012/10/05

My dog is on the mend

As I laid in bed last night, I was already putting a blog together.  I took my puppy to the vet, remember?  I was very nervous because I was convinced he had kennel cough.  That can kill a puppy if left untreated for too long and my Buddy is only 4 months old.  Has been coughing since just over a month old.  Not continuous though.  I don't know why I feel the need to keep reassuring everybody.  I guess I don't want any of you to think I am a bad mommy to my dogs because I'm not.  They are spoiled rotten.  Even the two that live outside.  Even the little bastard that has ran off twice and gotten put into doggy jail. 

That Tucker is just lucky that I didn't have to pay any bond this time.  The last time he took off and we had to bond him out, we told him next time he would sit his ass in jail until the judge decided what he wanted to do with him.  *sigh*  I'm a sucker for dogs.  By the end of the night, poor Tucker had a rawhide treat in his blanket in case he couldn't sleep.   Like me.....

Turns out Buddy doesn't have kennel cough.  He has something called a collapsed trachea.  It's not going to kill him.  His heart is in perfect condition.  He can be treated.  And IS being treated.  And by the time we went to bed last night, he was a more peaceful dog.  I can't believe it.  It makes me almost cry when I think about how he was laying between Q and I last night... on his pillow... paws wrapped around the corner of Q's pillow... his back up against me... all stretch out under the blanket... my little human dog is returning to the cough-less dog he hasn't been for a while. 

And just when I start to cry about it...I laugh; because I was so in awe of how peaceful he was, I couldn't sleep.  I was happy.  I was excited.  I wanted to tell the world.  Which is when the blog started forming in my head.  "WORLD, MY PUPPY IS ALREADY ON THE MEND!!"  So I grabbed my phone and got my camera turned on and started taking pictures.  Too dark.  Darn it!  I just HAVE to get a shot of this because he is so cute and so peaceful laying there like that.  Like a child!  Two shots in the dark that didn't work SOOOOO I turned the flash on. 

I just knew this may wake Q up.  Oh hell, who am I kidding??  He could sleep through a freight train going right beside him!  I was so excited anyway, that I didn't rightly care if I woke him up.  Let me tell you something.  When you have room darkening blinds and curtains in your bedroom.....a camera flash is like lighting has struck directly in front of you.  Holy bananas that was bright!!!  The first picture didn't turn out because apparently I hit the zoom button with my fat thumb and got a great picture of Buddy's ear on the pillow.  Super.

Second picture didn't turn out either.  Yeah...that whole zoom thing again.  Restart the camera.  I have flashed twice and nobody has kicked or cursed.  Awesome.  Third picture.  Snap!  Perfect!  Well...except for...Buddy apparently wondered what the hell I was doing and quit hugging daddy's pillow, was looking directly at ME with this look on his face like "ARE YOU INSANE WOMAN??? I  can finally sleep and you do THIS?????"  So I lost the perfect picture.

It was all worth it.  Buddy turned around and let me cuddle him.  I told him how much I loved him and he kissed me on the lips and went right back to sleep.  I love that dog.  Can you tell?

Now...I have to back up a little bit because as some of you may know...or don't know...I believe the wicked ole witch of menopause has creeped into my soul...and forces me to keep the bedroom cold.  It was pretty chilly last night and our window was open.  I decided to be nice to my husband for a change...because I was just in that mood...so I closed the window.  He's a wimp anyway when it comes to cold so me going through this just may put us in seperate bedrooms for the winter if something isn't done.  I checked the window before we went to bed to make sure it was shut all the way.  It was.  Or so I thought.

Laying in bed, trying to go sleep and I have my earbuds in, listening to some nice relaxing KORN...this is after the doggie cuddling thing...and suddenly I think about Grandma and Grandpa Lock.  Almost as if Grandpa was actually right there.  It was such an odd feeling.  I think about Grandma and Grandpa a lot but this feeling was so different.  Not like they were there or anything.  I don't even know if I can explain it.  They were just at the forefront of my mind BIGTIME for some reason. 

So I'm laying there...as I said...and I have my fan going...as always...and you know how you get used to a certain breeze.  Okay I am going to try to explain this if it kills me.  I have a fan going EVERY night.  I can't sleep without it.  So I know how the air feels when it's hitting my body.  I know the sound.  It's just a part of my life.  Okay...now it might get a little tricky.  As I'm laying there.................................................................I feel a breeze go across my head.  That was weird.  That was a colder breeze than my fan air is.  I literally put my hand in front of the fan as if to reassure myself that what I felt was NOT the same thing. 

"Q did I get the window shut?"  It's right by our heads.  I could have just as easily looked myself but remember...I had already done it.  TWICE.  "Probably" was all I get from him.  "Could you check it please.  I shut it when I came up tonight but I felt a weird really cold breeze just now."  I'm sure at this point he was thanking me for waking him up for this stoopid conversation.  He lifts the blind and reaches up to the window with his hand...I don't even know if his eyes were even open...and says, "Yes,it's closed." 

I don't know if it's what I wanted to hear or not.  I was so confused at this point and blew it off, thinking it was my imagination and that maybe the fan bounced off of Q's side of the room, hit a cold corner or something and brought me some back.  I was thankful...don't get me wrong...but still a bit curious.  "Go to bed Shellie.  You have to be up in less than 6 hours."  That was me talking to myself. Q was already snoring. 

Back to my music.  Oh and that reminds me.....don't let me forget about my blog about careers!  I have been thinking about that for a while too.  Okay, okay, I will get this thing finished up.  Laying there...there's that cold air sweeping by my head again and across my shoulders.  Okay this is NOT the fan.  I turn toward the other side.  I don't know why.  Maybe I was afraid....ok not afraid...but afraid that if I stayed facing the wall, I would not only feel whatever this was, but see it too. 

I still felt it.  Two more times after that.  It's about 0130 in the morning and I finally look up and guess what.  The window was open. 

HEY WORLD, MY DOG IS ON THE MEND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment