2012/10/20

The babbling brook

When you're sitting there discussing how you should be writing a blog because it's been so long and then someone asks you if you still write a blog...that's a sign to get off your lazy butt and say something. 

So here I am.  But I'm still sitting on my lazy butt.  I have been so busy getting "the gift" prepared that everything else kinda goes by the wayside.  Even the housework.  Yuck.  I can't stand that.  

So what would you like to talk about?  I have just started a new interest that I am very excited about.  It's called 2 Cutie Patooties and I sell it.  It's personalization and monograms for everything from bags to cups to beer mugs to baby clothes to..... well you get the drift.  I will have my first demonstration Wednesday, October 24th and I am scared spitless.  The public scares me when I have to talk.  I know.  Hard to imagine.

Other than baking my fingers to the bones and working hard for a living, not a whole lot else has went on.  My puppy is growing up so fast and he's so smart and yet so defiant.  It drives me insane most days but then, where I work, how do you know the difference really?

The last update on my pup was that the vet told us he has this collapsed trachea.  He was put on a second round of antibiotics and a steroid for 10 days.  The first few days, he was a completely different dog.  It was beautiful.  Then the "hacking" started up again.  In the middle of the night.  He and I had lots of sleepless nights; which is just as well because I was just laying there melting anyway.

So when the meds didn't work, it was time to take matters back into my own hands for a while.  I sat and pondered.  If Coca Cola will take acid off a battery, what's stopping it from clearing mucus from his throat?  Or at least what sounds like mucus.  So we got a bottle of Coke and gave him some in a bowl.  He didn't know what to think about that.  

He started to drink it and it started to fizz.  That freaked him out big time.  He jumped backward and growled at it.  Then he decided he needed to check it out again.  And when it would fizz, he could jump back.  Very comical for us, I might add.

Now...the caffeine was a whole other ballgame because he was WAAAAAAY too wired to sleep!!  Okay so it wasn't thought out THAT well but hey, it cut his "throat clearing" down to a bare minimum.  

Afraid it would be hard on his stomach...and finding it hard to find caffeine free Coke in our small area, we decided...okay I decided...because Quintin just laughs at the thought of us giving our dog pop at all!!!  So... the new routine is 7up or Sprite in the evenings if he's raspy and Coca Cola in the mornings, to clear his throat up.  He seems to love it very much.  

I should have been a vet.  I could have treated all animals with soda pop.  And they would have loved it.  And me.  And nobody would have been the wiser.  And I could have made up my own prices and been RICH...RICH...RICH...I SAY!!!   Muahahahahahahaha

Okay so I am grasping at straws here. The dog is better.  Not 100%.  He never will be 100%.  And that's okay.  His heart is strong and we will love him forever.  

Now that I have babbled on about all the crap you DIDN'T want to hear about, I promise you this.....My next blog...or even two...yes two blogs...won't be boring.  If they are, may your right big toe fall off and get eaten by a possum.  I still have a road trip to explain and guts to spill about "careers."  

Yep, I assure you...you won't want to miss those!!!  Until next time, don't worry be happy!!!  (I hope that sticks in your head for at least an hour now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment