2012/10/05

My gift.....be it ever so humble

My day has been awesome.  Not for any special reason either.  I feel like my heart is about to explode with love.  For every person in the world.  (Maybe not Joseph Kony.  I may not love him as much)  Even those that don't like me.  Or love me.  I love them.  Take it while you can.  We all know how I get sometimes.  

I honestly don't know why I am in such a mood.  And everything brings me to tears.  Every. single. thing.  Makes keeping the makeup on, hard to do.  So far I have only smeared it twice today.

When I got home from work, Q was cleaning out his man cave.  The nasty nasty basement.  I know right!!!  He was cleaning it out!!!  Hell, he is STILL cleaning it out and I have been home for almost two and a half hours!!  I LOVE THAT MAN!!

My dog is extremely playful.  Maybe more than I've ever seen him.  It's amazing.  And he's only had a dose and a half of medicine since the vet!!  What on earth can he possibly be like after ten days of meds???  I can't wait to find out!!!

I checked the mailbox today when I got home and there was nothing in it.  I look up and silently said a prayer of thanks to God for not sending me any bills today, as I so rarely get to do, and walk around to the basement entrance to talk to the husband.  I asked him if he checked the mail and he says yes.  That's all he said. YES.  

I get inside and I love on the pup and give the outside dogs some love before coming back in, stripping down to my "baking" clothes (don't ask) and go to the livingroom to pick up the pup's toys.  As I am walking through the dining room, I happen to glance over to the computer desk and there...leaning up against the printer...is a small stack of envelopes.  

What on earth could they be?  It's not graduation time.  It's not wedding time.  It's not even baby time for anybody that I know...at least not yet.  

I will tell you right now that I was NOT prepared for what I saw next.  I was so shocked that I had to ask Quintin "WHAT IS THIS??"  He smiles and says "I guess you got some donations."  Generous donations.  

Of course I will never ever divulge the donors but I will say that I am overwhelmed at YOUR thoughtfulness...YOUR generosity...YOUR love... and YOUR compassion.  The cards I received were so beautiful.  This is my favorite line from one of them, "A friend loveth at all times."  PROVERBS 17:17 King James Version.  

The people that write these notes... telling me how wonderful I am, or how thoughtful, or how proud they are of me, for doing this project.....THE GIFT..... had me in tears.  I can't even describe in words what you all mean to me.  

And it's not about those that sent donations because that's not what this is supposed to be about.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  From the bottom of my soul.  Every dime will go toward nothing but ingredients to make the best goodie platters that I have EVER done.  I am truly humbled by your help.  And your hearts.  I just had to get it out there.  

Two pans of pumpkin bars....from a pumpkin I bought on our road trip (oh yeah, I still need to tell you about THAT!),one hundred and seventeen chocolate chips cookies, and forty three sugar cookies done at this time.  I haven't even gotten through all of the ingredients I had just laying around MY kitchen.  This weekend, I will be stocking up on more ingredients.  

There will be baking everyday! I am so excited!!  Have I mentioned that before???

Many people have questions so I will tell you what stats I have as of now:
87 platters to date
22 cities/towns

Most of the platters are small to medium and there are a few large groups.  I must say though, about two thirds of this list is my own, leaving only a third that has been requested.  So again, maybe for the last time, I will post what I am doing.  Thank God for copy and paste.  

I am asking you to please spread the word.  Who doesn't want to spread a little sunshine to someone???

I am going to start a project and I am going to ask for my readers to help me do it.    Project "My Gift" will begin on September 28th, 2012 and end on December 28th, 2012.  You all know that I love to bake and make goodies in my spare time so this should be a no-brainer for me.  It will take me until September 28th to determine exactly how many goodies and which goodies I am going to make, what ingredients I am going to have to purchase, etc.  That is the day that the baking (and freezing) will begin.

For Project "My Gift," I will take the name of a person/family/business/organization and make a goodie tray for them, deliver it to them with a hand written note explaining what I am doing and why.  All deliveries will be made after Thanksgiving.  

Now...here's where YOU come in.  I want you to send me an email...a private message...a text or phone call if you have my info...and tell me WHO you want me to take a goodie tray to, WHY you want them to have a goodie tray and any delivery info you may have.  Your name will not be included on the note unless you specify different.  And it will cost you nothing.

Most of you know where I live and those of you that don't, you can simply email me and ask me. I am willing to drive up to one hundred miles and all deliveries will be made on the dates of my choosing since the gas money comes out of my pocket as well. 

I want this to be big.  I want this to be fun.  I want this to be memorable.  For me, if not for everybody else involved.  I want to give to those that have a hard time during the holidays.  I want to put a smile on other people's faces.  Please help me!!!

You can leave a comment on this blog with your email info if you want me to contact you or you can contact me at in_boos_world@hotmail.com or on facebook, if you know me.  

I am very excited to do this.  Please help me!  All it takes is a little compassion in your heart and a quick note to me with the details!  I will be anxiously awaiting your responses!!

For those of you that don't know exactly how far I will go for deliveries, I will give you a general idea. 
SOUTH:  South of Maryville, Missouri around the area of Midway
WEST:    Sidney, Iowa - Omaha, Nebraska
EAST:     Chariton, Iowa- Lamoni, Iowa - Oskaloosa, Iowa
NORTH:  Nevada,Iowa - Sac City, Iowa

Hope to hear from you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment