2012/11/24

Hey pissy pants

Here I am.  I didn't disappear.  Thanks to my great friend Kay for kicking my ass to get back here. 

I feel like there just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done that I need to.  I have a couple of different cookies to make and 60 fun sized loaves of bread and then "my gift" is complete and ready to deliver. 

Everytime I think about it, I get all excited.  Like a child on Christmas morning.  I giggle sometimes and other times, I just smile sheepishly.  Yeah...I need to get out more.  I know.

For the past week, I have been struggling with the crud...or whatever it is...that my husband so graciously shared with me.  Funny how I never even felt bad until I made him sleep on the couch so I wouldn't catch it.  I followed him around with Lysol and never hugged or kissed him.  Damn him.  Why did he feel the need to share???

Next time, I'm just going to spend a week with someone else and leave him to rot.  Hahaha too late for that.  He's already rotten.  I think that's one of the things I love about him most. 

Anyway, on the days I feel bad, I don't dare bake.  For two reasons.  First reason is because I don't want to spread this crap to anyone else.  Second reason is because stuff usually doesn't turn out like I want it to.  Wonder why that is.  I'm still making it with the same love as before.

Good thing I started this project in September.  I did an inventory the other night and the cookie count alone is just under 2000.  Like I said earlier...I'm not even done with them yet!  That doesn't include the bars, the cupcakes or the fun sized loaves of bread and rolls.  *sigh*

And when I started this project, I forgot one teeny tiny details.  Thanksgiving.  Not just the one at my house.  But the one with Quintin's families.  And the need to stop and cook and bake for those.  SHAT!!!  But I did fine.  I think I work better under pressure anyway. 

It's funny how I feel so much better when I'm doing for someone else but if I need to do something for me, I'm too sick and could probably possibly die if I attempted such thing.  Such as laundry; or dishes; or showering.  I pulled a 4 day stink...errrr stint...of no showering or washing my hair.  That was a disgusting little idea that I had. 

We won't be doing that anytime soon.  Or ever.

My sister Kathy, her kids Jackie and Zach and my niece Sam and her boyfriend Shaun came for dinner on Thanksgiving night.  We had SO MUCH FUN.  After we ate, we played "Battle of the Sexes."  That was a riot.  Kathy and I laughed so hard at the fact that the boys couldn't name all 6 Brady children, I thought one of us would surely pass out.  It was close.  Their answer was, "Marcia, Greg, Judy.....Alice?"  Oh shat that was funny!

We all pretty much sucked at it but when I pulled out the game "What the F*ck," us girls decided the boys could be the winner and we would change games.  You wanna talk about HI-LAR-I-OUS!  At one point, Shaun had to read a question to Sam and he couldn't read it because he was laughing so hard.  Now that made it worth the night right there. 

But here's the topper.  I will never ever ever forget this as long as I live.  I couldn't even tell you what the question was or who was being asked BUT we got to laughing and all of a sudden Sam says,  "You have to quit laughing.  I just tinkled." 

More laughter.  Harder and louder.  "Can you guys go in the other room?  I can't get up or I will pee my pants."  As if we could laugh harder.  But we did.  And she pissed her pants.   All over my dining room floor. 

How confused do you think my dog was?????  I could just hear him thinking, "They make ME pee on a pee-pad in the house and SHE gets to do in at the table???"  OMG that poor girl. 

In her defense, she hasn't had a good bladder since her accident.  I think someone's beer bottle went into her bladder while the truck was rolling across the highway, and put a hole in it.  She always pisses herself when she's with me though. 

Aunt Shellie to the rescue.  I just happened to have a pair of old jeans from my skinny days that I have never had the heart to get rid of.  I gave them to her and they fit.  I think she was freaked out because fatty gave her pants that fit her.  They were size 14.  I'm a realist.  I wasn't ever getting my ass back into those pants!!  She liked them so I told her to keep them and love them. 

And she will.  I think I will get her some clothes to keep in my car and at my house for such occasions.  Oh boy....she's gonna need two diaper bags!!!!

Hope your Thanksgiving was absolutely memorable and you got to spend time with someone you love.  Until next time.....keep on keeping on!  -_-

1 comment:

  1. Thank you my dear. I needed this. Hope you are feeling better. Love You

    ReplyDelete