2013/05/18

Is this day over YET?

I am sooooo grouchy today.  My morning has been crappy.  Very crappy.  My eyes feel like they have six pounds of gravel dust in them and they don't want to have the contacts in them.  They keep trying to reject but I will overcome them.  When I walked out of the house to go to work this morning, two steps into the grass...and dew on my feet...told me that I forgot to put my shoes and socks on.  Back to the house I go. 

We will try again.  Back to the car I go.  Between the front door and the driveway, I tipped my cup and 52 ounces of iced tea went all over my lawn.  "Just keep walking!"  Get to the car, put my lunch bag and work bag in the back seat, grab my wallet out of my bag and get in the front seat.  And while I'm at it, I may as well dump the entire contents of my wallet, in the driveway!  Yeah...I've had it!

I got to work with no problems.  I mean, nobody got killed along the way and any day THAT happens, is a good day, right???  Don't worry.  That was a rhetorical question.  This is me trying to convince myself.  Grabbed my bags and got into work before anything else could happen.  Ha!  Little did I know..........

I fixed a wonderful chicken dinner last night.  I got the idea from a diabetic cookbook.  I used spices together that I have never used together before.  To the plate, I added low-fat cottage cheese and corn for Q, beets for me.  And yes....I did that on purpose.  I love beets and can't have corn.  Had enough of everything to make my lunch for today so there was chicken in one container, cottage cheese in another, and beets in the other.  With a banana on top of it all. 

Apparently, at some point, the beets leaked out.  Completely out.  And to make matters worse, I didn't even know it until I got INSIDE work and set my bag down...on the rack...in the fridge, and saw juice squish out the bottom of it.  UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!  I had to clean all the containers.  My only saving grace for lunch is that all my food was seperated.  And that the banana came out unscathed.  Phew!

BUT I had to clean out a little bit of the fridge, the counter, every container, and then hand wash my lunch bag.  UGHHHHHHHHHH!!  But wait...it gets better. 

When the guy before me left, he says, "What is that pink stuff all over the floor?"  It was at this point, I was asking God to do whatever it took, to get me back to my bed; and to not have to get out of it the rest of the day; for any one thing.

So I go and clean up the floor...from the office, to the door.  UGHHHHH!!!!!  And now I find out, that my husband got a good screwing on his paycheck...and his boss didn't give him a kiss afterward...and that is apparently my fault because I'm the one that got yelled at.  I am also the one that shut her phone off so NOBODY can call. 

So yeah.....if you're trying to call me...good luck.  I'm out of service for the day.  I was hoping that the blog would make me feel better.  So far it hasn't.  But I AM getting used to that punched-in-the-gut feeling. 

In other news, Q's sis...who is really his cousin...but is more like a sister to us both...had a baby girl last night.  She's either 4 or 5 weeks early, not sure on that.  She's gorgeous and I can't wait to meet her.  She already looks taller than her mom ;-)  Love you Lisa!!!

Last Tuesday we had a make-up day for jail school down in Creston in the building where the YMCA is.  That was a treat.  It was 90+ degrees out and we come back from lunch to a room that the air was not working in. That wasn't very fun.  They got it to working though...after we sat and sweated for an hour and a half.  And other than 1 speaker not showing up and the "finale" speakers that were built up to be such amazing guys that would really be fun...can we just say L-E-T D-O-W-N??? 

And then there are the bathroom stalls there!  I kid you not...I was literally squished while I peed.  I guess that's one way to get it all out!!  Note to self...next time, wait for a break and go somewhere else to pee! 

I guess I am going to just leave it at that.  Depending on how things go, I may write again later.  And I may not.  You never know with me.  Until next time...thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment