2013/07/28

Oh my husband!

Q lost his phone today. He came to my work, almost in a panic, to see if it was there. Maybe it had fallen out of his pocket when he brought me water. Maybe he dropped it in the hallway. No, he didnt drop it there.

I checked the other parking lot when I left. No phone. I told Beth, my co-worker in crime busting, that if I got home and found that phone laying around somewhere, that phone just might be inserted into Q's private area when he was asleep. THEN I would call it! 

I got home, got out of the car and immediately called his phone. As I started to walk to the yard, I hear the song, "Marry your daughter." I looked to my left and there sits a mower that is on a trailer. A riding mower. And under the seat, there is a glow. All I an do is laugh at this point. I was going to just retrieve said phone but couldnt really figure out HOW to get to it. I pecked on the front window and told Q he needed to come outside. He wasnt too thrilled with that but he came anyway. As he came out the front door, I told him he has a little problem on his trailer and as he approached the trailer, he was pretty dumb-founded.

I bet it took 5 minutes to get it out of there!! It was down in the compartment where the battery sits and it wasnt easy getting it out of there. Apparently when he was sitting on the mower, it vibrated from the side of the mower panel, into this battery compartment.  And kept vibrating around this area.  As he worked on it, it slipmust have vibrated under the spring that goes down under the seat.  It seemed to not only break the screen...but also took a chunk out of the whole phone itself. I am surprised it would even ring.  There will be no seeing anything on the screen at this point. 

I was crushed. You see, I had left him some good messages on it tonight. One said, "This is your phone. You need you to find me and check this message." Another said, "This is your phone again, you need to answer your phone or I am calling the police." At one point, I left a message saying, "If you dont call me back, I am calling the police!" One of my city officers was in there when I when left that last message and he just stopped and said, "What the hell did you just do???" Hahaha too funny!!!

So today I was on the phone with the phone company for an hour.  Literally.  We almost have my old Blackberry set up with his number and information.  What would he do without me people?  I keep asking him this question and maybe...just MAYBE...it is starting to sink in!!!

Ugh! I sure hope your night was better!  Until next time...thanks for reading.  Always like to throw a short one in once in a while!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment