2013/07/16

Product Review

This blog is dedicated to my "friends" at Teespring.  "Create & Sell Custom T-Shirts With Zero Up-Front Costs."  It's a pretty neat thing...and easy as pie to do...when it works out for ya. 

I first learned of this business when I ordered a shirt for a dispatcher's fundraiser.  She had been injured in an automobile accident or something.  Can't really remember and I didn't know the person.  Couldn't even tell you where the dispatcher was from.  All I can tell you is that I liked the shirt because it was purple and had a very cool dispatcher's poem on the back. 

So I thought how convenient this thing was and kinda fun.  So when Jackie got sick, I went to the "shirt place."  The steps are all explained to you.  Like I said easy-peasy.  Until.....

When I didn't get my dispatcher shirt on the date they said I would get it, I was a little displeased.  I waited though.  When I hadn't received it 3 days later, I was very unhappy.  So I emailed them and told them.  They immediately credited my account for the shipping charges and 2 days later, I got my shirt.

I honestly didn't think it would happen again.  I guess I am too trusting of people.  I started the campaign for Jackie's shirts as cheap as they would let me go because we didn't need a profit and we didn't want anyone to have to pay more than necessary for it.  Our goal was to have 75 shirts sold within like 10-12 days or something like that. 

That goal was met in 3 days.  I couldn't believe it.  By end of campaign, we had sold 148 shirts.  148!!!  Unbelievable, and I cried several times looking at that number.  I was so proud for Jackie.  So happy that so many cared so much and wanted to be on her "team," no matter what the outcome ended up being!

So here it is, July 16th.  We were all "supposed" to get the shirts by July 9th at the latest.  Nobody has recieved theirs.  Nobody.  I spoke with Nikki from their support team and she told me they are being shipped today as they ran out of the lime green shirts and were just waiting on that so they could get them printed. 

Yet, last week when I inquired, I was told that it was "due to the holiday."  She must have remembered me and my comment of "I knew last year when the 4th of July was going to be this year and I know when it will be next year.  As I do every year. I think your distributors should be able to figure it out as well."

So.....here's the million dollar question of the day.  I was going to do some Weed Family Reunion shirts early next year for our reunion in July, since Kathy and I want to host it.  Would you do it?  I thought if we picked an ending date a couple of months early, that should ensure we all get them on time, right?  Right???  Please comment and let me know!  AND, if you think we should...suggest an idea for the shirt design.  NO, I AM NOT GOING TO PUT AN ILLEGAL DRUG ON OUR SHIRTS.  Just putting that out there before it is suggested. 

How'd you like that?  Short and sweet, huh?  I bet you thought I couldn't do it!  Until next time...thanks for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. I bet you read my post about the "Jackie's Team" email that I recieved this morning from TEESPRING...anyways....
    If you are gonna go through them to do another order for your Family Reunion, I do suggest that you order them 2 months in advance, so you "FOR SURE" will get them in time!
    Personally, I am very unhappy with TEESPRING, because as a business...You don't treat people that way. They should have started printing
    them the moment 75 stirts were bought, and then shipped them right out. Also, what T-Shirt Company does'nt count how many lime-green Tees they have in stock, so they know they have plenty to do the complete order with?
    As for myself, I will not do business with them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably wont go through them again either. Maybe I will see what the family thinks. But yes, I am SORELY disappointed with them and I do apologize. It embarrasses me.

      Delete
  2. what about staycation shirts? teespring to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mick! We would have to wait until next year to get them!!!

    ReplyDelete