2013/10/02

Thoughts along the way

I'm not trying to sound bitchy here but this one sticks in my "craw" just a little bit.

If you have a friend that works in the Law Enforcement field and you have a child...a spouse...a sibling...that is known for getting into trouble or is even known for doing illegal activities...do not...I repeat...DO NOT...ask your friend to do ANYTHING that might help that relative in a situation where they are participating in said activity or dealing with the police. 

As our friends, we are not here to make YOUR life better.  We are here to do our jobs.  We are here to help the people that need our help and to assist our Sheriffs, our Deputies, Our Officers, Our Troopers do their jobs.  Above that, this is our paycheck.  This is how we pay our bills.  This is how we have insurance.  Do not put that in jeopardy.  If you are truly a friend, you will not put us in that position for any reason.  ANY.

Do not ask me to find out if someone is wanted.  Call and talk to someone and find our yourself.  But be sure it's for something you need to know.  Just because arrest records are public records, does not mean that we are obligated to tell you who is arrested and for what.

Do not ask me to run someone's license plate because you don't know who is visiting your neighbor.  That information has to go through a peace officer, not us. 

Be a friend.  Don't put your friends and their jobs, in jeopardy.  I will put this out there right now, nobody is worth putting my job on the line

Let's just call it respect.

Recently I had an experience with a woman that I had only met personally ONE time and she wanted me to put MY job on the line because HER high school kid was having a beer party and the police had found out about it.  She called me...on a recorded line...asking for my personal cell number...because she didn't want to talk on a recorded line.  What the hell???

If you call me at my place of work and ask me to talk on a cell phone because you don't want our conversation recorded, please do me a favor and don't make that call.  Because it's going to go poorly.  And it did.  And not just for me but for someone else. 

And while I'm at it...if you're THAT PARENT that buys the alcohol so your kid...and all of his/her friends...can have a beer party at YOUR home while you're OUT OF STATE...please don't be my friend.  Just don't.  I don't want any part of it and just for the record...if you're in my county, I will give that info to my Deputies so they can handle it just how they want. 

And if you're not in my county and I hear about it.....well, I may just let that county know as well.  You never know.  Some could call me a hypocrite because I have been to my share of parties as a kid too.  Hell, I was cited once for buying beer for minors.  I don't care. I grew up.  I have seen people hurt by the stupidness that drinking causes.  I have seen death happen to too many people...a lot of those being kids...because of drinking alcohol.  Kids today are nothing near responsible enough to do the things the kids in the 70's and 80's pulled off.  They just aren't. 

I wish someone could have explained to me when I was underage, how disappointing "drinking until drunk" really is when you're old enough to drink.  It caused nothing but headaches, body aches and put my self esteem right in the crapper. 

Call me a hypocrite.  Call me whatever you like.  But don't call me and tell me you're letting your child have a boozer.  Do these people practice stupid?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's something I can talk about with nothing but experience behind me.  And this is for anybody.  Especially you young folk. 

If you are dating someone, engaged to someone, or even married to someone.....and you feel you need to keep that information a secret.....to even ONE person.....there's a reason you shouldn't be with that person.  And Facebook is huge for letting people play into this stupid stuff. 

FACEBOOK FRIEND RELATIONSHIP CHANGE:  In a relationship
ME:  Congratulations!  Who is the lucky guy/gal?
FRIEND:  I'd rather not say right now.  It's new, ya know.

No kidding??!!??  It's a new person in your life and you want to tell the world but you're obviously ashamed to let the world know!  Unbelievable.  But there are those that change their status to "In a relationship," anytime a member of the opposite sex smiles at them.  Maybe they don't "want to say" because they haven't let the other person know they're in a relationship, huh?  Hmmmm.  Can we say stalker???  0_0

If you have gone as far as to marry someone, you felt love for them at some point.  At least I hope you did.  Or they have an insanely huge cash flow...which is disappointing, to say the least.  Anyway, you have married this person.  Why, oh why, on earth would you hide that fact from any one person?  Because if you are hiding it, you shouldn't be doing it.  Tsk tsk tsk

I hid the fact that I was getting married to my first husband because I didn't want my parents mad at me.  Guess what.  They found out in minutes on the day we went before the judge and they didn't speak to me for about 3 months.  The longest three months of my life, I think. 

Dumb dumb dumb.  Me, not them.

I know someone who is supposedly engaged to this gal and doesn't have the kahonas to tell his mom.  You know why he doesn't?  Because the minute his mom hears it from his mouth, he has to move out.  He has to start supporting himself.  He has to be a big boy.  And he's too scared to be a big boy.  He's only 19 years old and works full time.  What's to be scared of?  If you can make the decision to get married, you can make the decision to take care of yourself you little piss ant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa.  I think someone is getting a little pissy tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to be a great aunt tomorrow.  (So I started this about a week ago or so) I am so excited for that!  I don't even know what her name is.  I call her Robin because her big brother is Batman.  Can't wait to go down and see the new addition to our family.  I will try to get a picture on here. 


This is Ambria.  She is already such a good baby.  She had an angel kiss on her cheek when she was born.  All the nurses were talking about how an angel kissed her before she left Heaven.  I love that thought.  Her brother was there when we got there and I haven't seen him for several months!  He is so sweet and happy and polite and smart and cute and has curly hair in the back and doesn't know many strangers.  Well maybe he knows a stranger but he isn't mean to them!  HA! 

Can you tell I am in love with these kids???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not long ago, I got a new master bathroom.  I am in love with the room and it isn't even done yet!  Soon though.  Soon!  I have a little problem though.  It seems that no matter what I do, the inside shower liner tries to mildew.  I spray the shower with that anti-mildew-y stuff and leave it on the outside of the shower so it can drip on the step and I still have found myself cleaning the black stuff off the bottom of the curtain.  I use the "poo-fan" when I use the shower so it's not like it's too stuffy or closed in.  *sigh* I don't know what else to do.  I opened the window today but it's not like I am going to do that in the winter or even in the hot summer months.  What do you suggest?  Does anybody else deal with this? 

Someone mentioned that I should get a cloth curtain and use that.  On the inside of the outside curtain?  What??  Does anybody do THAT??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week ago Saturday, me and a couple of my co-workers participated in the Adair County Health System's annual Color Run.  Although we just walked.  They had a pretty good turn-out.  I had hoped for more but it was okay.  I believe the money stays local and it helps financially, for those that need mammograms or whatever, but don't have the funding or the insurance.  Kinda like a local Susan G. Koman walk or whatever. 

And speaking of walking, I am going to do a walk soon.  I am shooting for October 12th if the weather permits.  I am going to walk from Fontanelle to Greenfield.  A smooth 5 miles with a couple of really pissy hills that I have wanted to conquer for several years.  They just happen to go right by our cemetary so in case I don't make it, I can just go in and lay down and someone can throw some dirt on me.  Would you like to walk with me?  I would love it if you would.  Bring some water...maybe I need to find a fanny pack... and your mp3 player or iPod.  Once I get to the first hill though, I'm gone.  Ha!  Not to worry, you will catch up with me on the other side.  Maybe.  HA!  Gotcha.

Seriously though, if you are interested in doing this walk with me, let me know.  The more the merrier.  Leave me a comment on here, email me @ in_boos_world@hotmail.com or call me. 

And now THIS particular walk has been moved back to October 26th.  I am going to start very early that morning but would still love it if someone wanted to "conquer" the walk with me. 

The reason I am changing the date on this is because on the 12th of October I have to work and then after that, I will be in full costume.....glow in the dark costume.....to walk a 5k in Bedford for my great friend and sis, Connie Fleetwood.  She has battled cancer many many times and walked away a winner each time.  Now she has to take some chemo that is truly the most expensive crap you can imagine.  So a group got together and decided to host a glow run/walk.  I can't wait.  You will just die laughing when you see how I dressed up for this thing!  Can't wait to share with ya!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.....a while back I deactivated my Facebook account because life was really bringing me down.  Down to places I had honestly never experienced before.  I dropped out of all social networking sites...well, all but Twitter and the only reason I keep that is because I don't really know how to properly use it and most of the people that I follow or follow me.....well, we don't know each other!  So it works out. 

What I wasn't planning on was the "brick in the face" lesson I learned from those I associate the most with OUTSIDE of Facebook.  I can't even begin to tell you how invisible...how worthless...how useless...I feel in my heart.  I have been places to celebrate the happiest times and walk away without being noticed by my loved ones.  Without a single thought or glance as to how much love I have for these people. 

I have been working on stepping back away from people.  From the people that I am related to, to the people I don't get to see very often, to the people that I feel bad about not spending time with.  When I can watch a television show like Roseanne...a sitcom...comedy...and cry my eyes out because I don't...and won't...have a relationship like I just saw on that show, something is horribly wrong in my heart. 

I don't feel any smiles in my heart for anyone.  I don't feel any laughter in my breath for anything.  I think I'm numb.  And I don't know what I am going to have to do to get it back.  So bear with me.  I think this is going to be one long and rocky road for Miss Shellie. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried my damnest, Kay!  I know you wanted a funner, funnier blog this time but no matter what I do, I end up at the same finish line.  Dead last.  I will just keep on keeping on and do what I have to do so that I can do what I have to do.  Until next time...thanks for reading. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1 comment:

  1. Shellie, I am never disappointed in your writings, but I am concerned with you that people are making you feel so bad. It isn't like you to let them get to you this way. Well I guess I should say that it isn't how I remember you. Tell them all to just piss off and leave you alone. They have no idea what a good person you are and how much you care. Ye just keep on keeping on. Love you Gal

    ReplyDelete