2014/02/16

Feeling like a couple hundred million bucks

I feel like I need something light-hearted this time around.  I have so much sadness going on around me at this time, I need happy.  I need smiles.  I need dreams.   Let's see what happens.....

I saw that nobody won the Powerball yesterday and it is now up to $400,000,000.00.  That my friend, is a lot of zeros.  Then I saw on Facebook where one of my friends posted a status about not having any numbers right and then what he would do if he had won.  

Which, in turn, got me to thinking.  Scary, huh?

If I won the Powerball this coming Wednesday night, I wouldn't even care how much I would have to pay in taxes.  Obviously I'm going to have more than enough to spend in my lifetime.  And I'm not going to be bored.  For a long, long time.

Upon receiving and depositing such hugely enormous check that will be so big and heavy, I will need help carrying it to do so, the first thing I would do is take my two sisters and husband to a wonderful dinner and some shopping. Of course, we will have to have everything shipped to our homes because it's not going to fit in any of our vehicles.

What the heck.  We may as well spend the night in a hotel and really celebrate in style.  Just one night though.  I have stuff to do.  Important stuff.  I assume they will too.  

So I would then pay off any and all bills in mine and my husband's names.  I would then start looking around for the "perfect" place for us to live.  Somewhere that he can have all the toys he needs, do all the messing around he wants (not THAT kind of messing around!), and be secluded enough that nobody will even know that we are there.  Or even care.

I can just imagine the headaches coming my way building a home where Quintin won't be allowed in my living space due to his slobbiness.  Haha there's a hurdle we'll jump when it's time.  -_-  Don't worry though.  He will be fed and clean and out of the elements.  

I already know that my loving husband will want one, if not three, new vehicles.  And he deserves them so I will give him that.  

I forgot to add that while paying all of our bills, my brothers and sisters would be taken care of, as well.  Money...whether it's for college, vehicles, houses...whatever...for each of my nieces and nephews.  

Scholarships in several schools and clubs, for many kids to benefit from.  

And then....the thing my mom and I have spent many, many hours, planning out and dreaming about.  I would build these in several towns.  A laundromat. Yep, a laundromat.  But not just any laundromat.  My laundromat is going to have big screens around the building playing many different shows and/or sporting events.  It will have round-the-clock employees that will press and/or dry clean garments.  You can wash your own clothes or you can leave them with us and we will wash them, using state-of-the-art washers and dryers, of course.  

There will be an activity room for kids to learn in.  I will, of course, hire some professionals to be there during the "busy" times to aid in the learning process.  There will be a game room for kids and adults alike, complete with a pool table, fooz ball table, ping pong table.  There will also be a little eatery in the building.  Anything from cardboard pizza (because I love those) to salads to sandwiches.  Who knows what I'll serve!!!

That will be some building, huh?  And don't worry parents, you will be able to switch into our system and watch your child the whole time, should you leave them in the activity or game room.

Another little fantasy I would fulfill is the "dream shop."  That would consist of one building with sections for businesses like:  beauty shop, massage parlor (none of that illegal stuff), chiropractor, nail salon, spray tan, waxing and who knows what else, inside.  This is a new dream for me so I haven't thought that one out very well.

Oh the fun I would have building these businesses!  And the fun I would have going from place to place.  That, to me, is living the dream.

So what would YOU do if you won hundred of millions of dollars???

Until next time...thanks for reading!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment