2013/03/04

Just a heads up

Just a heads up.  We are going to be doing more construction on our house.  No, the master bathroom isn't done.  Why no, the master bedroom & closet aren't done yet either.  The current closet, you ask?  Well no....what makes you think we would have THAT done??? 

Now the laundry room.....it has been under construction since December 26, 2010?  Or is it 2009?  Heck, I can't remember what year we moved in here unless I look at my mortgage coupons.  It doesn't matter though.

The good news is, that we will be starting construction on the laundry room as soon as we can get posts in the ground.  That's right.  We are expanding.  Not a whole lot...but enough.  Isn't this going to be fun?  Just as soon as I get clothes out of the washer & dryer, I will have to stick them back in the washer/dryer because my laundry room will be a massacre.  Q says different but he hasn't been right about any timelines or mess so far; what makes him or I think this time will be any different???  *sigh*

We're supposed to go and pick out a new shower tonight.  This ought to be a treat.  For both of us.  We will either come home with a shower and I will be pissed off, OR we will come home with a shower and he will be "resigned" to it, OR we won't bring a shower home tonight.  Anyone want to place any bets?

He wants a one piece shower.  I do not.  Here's why.
His reason:  They don't leak around the bottom.  Ever.
My reason:  I don't want to have to cut half of my stairway out to get it upstairs because we have a "turned" stairway and no windows big enough to get a 1 piece through.

Funny how his reason was so much shorter than mine but mine is so much more economical.  Ha, yeah funny.

I also need your help with something.  Truly need everyone's opinions on this.  We are replacing the livingroom carpet.  With what, we don't know yet.  He says we should put carpet down.  I say hard wood laminate.
His reason:  Carpet keeps the floor warmer in the winter. He likes to point out that I like to lay on the floor. 
My reason:  Carpet is easier to stain, I don't care how you treat it.  I live with a slob.  Hard wood is so much easier to keep clean and with pets, that's a huge plus.  We can get pet friendly laminate.  And I can lay on a hardwood floor easy.  The firmer it is, the better my back feels. 

Okay so I had a couple of reasons.  I think my reasons are the right reasons.  What do you think?  And don't be sticking up for my husband either!!!  JUST KIDDING!!!  If you think he's right, say it.  It'll make him feel good (for a change).  Although I don't want him getting used to that.

And if we decide to get carpet...because I may have to give in on that for the 2 piece shower...what kind of carpet and what color???  My livingroom is painted hunter green with hunting/fishing theme all through it.  If I am to get carpet, it will have to be flexible enough to work with the hunter green...the woodwork...and be neutral enough to work with a color should be ever paint the livingroom again.  Wow.

I think my husband will not be satisfied until our house is completely torn apart and I am in a looney bin.  It's close, I kid you not.

And the last thing I would like your opinion on is this:
Soon, I will be getting some new furniture.  Do you suggest cloth or leather?  Remember we do have pets, but come spring (when I will likely get this furniture), they will be outside ALL the time.  And I can't wait. 

Can't wait to hear what you all have to say!!!!!  Hurry, I need all the ideas and tips I can get.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Shower -- good points from each of you. It's a tie!
    2. Hardwood laminate all the way--especially with pets. Carpeting is just nasty how dirty it can get. You're too much of neat freak to go with carpeting. However, if you do decide to go that way, definitely something in a neutral beige color.
    3. Cloth furniture because it's more temperature friendly no matter what the weather outside. Also, you have so many more decorating choices, which is the fun part of furniture anyway!

    ReplyDelete