2013/03/05

Just what I thought would happen

Did you know that if you buy a 4 ft. wide shower, the doors don't generally come with them???  Well, if you DID know that.....you should have warned ME!!!  I was having the time of my life, looking at all the showers and when we found one we both agreed on, I asked what the doors looked like and the guy says to me, "Well you will have to pick one and order it." 

I wanted to slap him.

After that, I decided who needs a 4 ft. wide shower anyway???  What's wrong with a nice plain, regular, rectangular-shaped, shower with a shower curtain?  I mean really, what's wrong with it??  All I need room for is to wash my hair and my body and occasionally to shave my legs.  It doesn't take 4 foot of space to do this.  Am I missing something??

Quintin on the other hand, SWEARS we need a 4 ft. shower because that's what he wants.  I told him if it was that big of deal, he could go right downstairs and use the 4 ft. shower (with a seat in it, I might add) in that bathroom.  I mean, his clothes are going to stay downstairs anyway so what's the difference?  He doesn't seem to agree with me.

I wanted to slap him.

By the third store of the night last night, I was done with Quintin.  I was done looking at showers.  I was done writing down comparison prices for every 2x4...2x6...2x10...precut stud...and anything else...that we will ever need.  I ate my buffalo burger for dinner and then some passerby stuck a fork in me because they too, were sure I was done! 

I wanted to slap them.

We had dinner at Fuddruckers in Des Moines.  I love this place and I guess Quintin had never been there before.  He has decided it's his new favorite place to eat.  Weird.  So while we were dining in the corner, the manager takes one of the female employees to the side...which happened to be directly across from us...and talked to her.  Unfortunately, we couldn't hear what was being said.  So, when he's done talking to her, she pleads her case to him.  The body language was all there so it was very entertaining.  The manager walks away and heads for another female employee across the way. 

As he is talking to girl #2, girl #1 tries to make it look like she's busy but at the same time, watching every move the manager and girl #2 make.  Her eyes were shifty and nosey, all at the same time.  When the manager and girl #2 are finished, girl #1 walks into this other part of the restaurant that is seperated by glass partitions.  Girl #2 is hot on her heels.  I told Q we should have sat in there so we could listen...but we didn't.  Girl #1 goes to this table that is already cleaned up and just stands there as girl #2 enters the room.  #1 will not make eye contact with #2.  Hmmmm #1 must be either lying or ashamed.  Just my guess. 

Finally #2 speaks to #1 and a conversation ensues.  It took about 5 minutes or so...I don't know how long, I was eating a buffalo at the time...and then the two girls parted ways and both of them had this sour kind of look on her face. 

I wanted to slap them.

So anyway, here are the results on what we looked at yesterday, as we didn't purchase one thing yet.  (We still have two stores to go to for comparison shopping) 

The livingroom is going to have hardwood laminate (and we both agreed on the color & texture) and we even picked out an area rug (my gosh are those expensive)!

The laundryroom and master bathroom are going to have one of those "floating floors."  In other words, linoleum.  We both even agreed on the style/design. 

The shower head and faucet handles we agreed on immediately.  Basically the biggest shower head available that has an arm so it sprays down on us from the top, not the side.  And the handles will match my sink handles. 

The shower is a whole different story.  We still aren't in agreement.  I can not justify spending the money that Quintin wants to spend, on something used to wash our bodies.  I have tried to explain to him that #1: we already have a big shower, go use it; and #2: I work hard for my money, so I want to have some say in this decision.  Of course, I'm not going to get it.  We didn't come home with a shower...an agreement on a shower...matter of fact, we weren't speaking to each other when we left the city. 

Did I call that or what?

I just want to slap him sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. rugs ARE expensive!! we too have done lots of home projects and I love how a rug can complete the look... so here's a tip for you.... Buy an inexpensive "plain jane" rug or remnant from any discount store and paint it! you can use the wall color(s), and no special paint is needed. Use a stencil either premade or made yourself and dab the paint on the rug in whatever pattern you like...it's nifty, custom, and so much less expensive! :) Good luck with your rooms!!

    ReplyDelete