2013/03/02

Looking back

Today I was looking back at some of my first blogs.  They sure make me smile.  Man, I was passionate in the beginning.  What happened to that?  Am I still passionate and don't realize it?  Did I love my passion?  I guess what it boils down to is, "Am I still as big a b**** as I used to be or am I not?"

Joseph Kony.  Remember that name?  That's the man in Uganda that supposedly kidnapped over 300,000 kids and turned them into either sex slaves or soldiers in his child army. 

I remember that there was supposed to be something like a "Light up the Night" at some point close to when this guy made the national news.  Everybody in the United States was going to go out in the middle of the night and hang signs so that people would be aware of what was going on.  In Uganda. 

I don't know about you but if I want to know about Uganda, I have CNN, FOX news, MSNBC, Yahoo, NBC, CBS, ABC, and good ole Uncle Google, as Mick would say.  Not to mention there are many more news outlets easily at my fingertips. 

I remember Facebook being flooded with "I am going to attend this and I am going to make a difference.  I am going to light up the night."  Or whatever their catch-phrase was at the time.  I don't remember for sure.  I will continue to use this one though. 

I will say that in that short span of 3 days of hearing nothing BUT Joseph Kony, Joseph Kony, Joseph Kony...I never heard another word about him.  Isn't that something???  The people of the United States of America were going to "Light up the Night" for awareness of what was going on in Uganda.  We must have fallen asleep. 

Sorry Uganda.  We are not Motel 6 and we did not leave the light on for you.

Another story that makes me laugh is the one about Sandra Fluke.  She was the up-and-coming law student that needed thousands of dollars a year....something like $30,000.....for free health care and free birth control. 

I was going to send her a box of Trojan's and completely forgot about it.  Who knows.  I may still do it.  I wonder if she's still at the good ole Georgetown University Law Center after making such a jackass out of herself.  If they had any brains in their heads, they would have booted her.  But then again, look at their basketball team!!!  Hahaha JUST KIDDING!! 

I have nothing against their basketball team.

I remember commenting on someone's article.  I offered my thread and needle and wouldn't even charge anyone for the service of sewing her C-U-Next-Tuesday all the way shut.  Wouldn't nothing be getting in (or out) of there anymore and she wouldn't have to worry about it again. 

The things I am willing to do for my country. 

I can't wait to get off work and get a work out or two in!  I have something to lose this week.  I told my support group that I would, not only lose the 1.6 lbs I gained the previous week, but would also lose 2 lbs on top of it AND if I didn't, I would post an embarrassing picture of myself!  Nothing like putting yourself under pressure!  And it sucks not weighing myself all the time.  I know that's not the thing to do either.  I am busting my ass people!  Just wait.  I have 5 weeks to love 18 lbs and I am determined I am going to do it. 

Have a great day!!!!

1 comment:



























  1. I am gonna "love" your 18 lbs also Shellie. Think you meant lose but I think that love fits just fine there. LOL. Love "all of you" Gal.







    ReplyDelete