2013/06/28

In preparation of

Wednesday finally got here.  We have been waiting for it to arrive for 2 weeks now.  Stressing about it; wondering about it; fretting about it.  You name it...if we could think up an adverb to make us bite our nails even more, we did. 

When we got to Council Bluffs, we stopped at our favorite store, the dollar tree, and I told Jackie that whatever she wanted, I would buy her.  So she took off on her own journey.  Right to the notebook aisle.  If you know Jackie, then you know she loves notebooks, writing papers, index cards and pens.  And if you know Shellie at all, you know that she gets what she needs and likes to get out.  Before spending too much money. 

By the time I got the stuff I wanted, Jackie had already went through check-out and paid for her own stuff.  Grrr that girl is so stubborn!  Wherever does she get it???

We met Cindy, Becky and Rick at Texas Roadhouse where we dined on sirloin steak and cheese fries.  I even got Kathy to have a drink with me in hopes it would help her unwind and sleep a little better.  Epic fail; just not on Kathy's part. 

Cindy was bound and determined that we were going to sit in the hot tub at the hotel so that meant a trip to ShopKo to get swim suits for the three (I wonder which 3) that didn't bring any suits with us.  Jackie was having a great time with her family but every once in a while, she would break down and cry and tell us she was scared to have her surgery.  Lots of hugging and reassuring went on during these times and we were all bound and determined that we wouldn't show weakness in front of Jackie because she had too many insecurities the way it was.

Get checked into the hotel and we get to our room; them to their room and as we were getting ready to go to the pool, a small knock at the door reveals Cindy standing there...legs crossed..."I need to use your bathroom.  Rick has already plugged our toilet."  hahaha!!!  And I must add that thirty seconds into our hotel room, Kathy and Jackie have the floor covered in new clothing tags.  Geez really???  I was cleaning it before I was unpacked and it had nothing to do with the room.  Just the people staying in it!!!  Oh My Goodness!!!

We get to the pool and I am the first to walk in the door.  I spot this guy in the hot tub.  A hairy guy.  With a HUUUGE.......... smile on his face.  Gross.  Immediately I turn to Cindy and say, "Hot guy in the hot tub." and she passes it on down the line.  I wanted to make sure that the girls all thought they were about to witness some manly man-stud that would make their toes curl and their mouth water.  Bahahahahahaha SURPRISE!!!

We bypass the hot tub and go straight for the pool.  Cold cold cold pool.  Yikes!!  No sooner than we all got in there and that guy was out of the hot tub and in the pool.  He made sure to stay at the other end of the pool and we are pretty sure he was watching us under water.  Sicko. 

Kathy, Jackie & Becky get out and head for the hot tub after just a little bit.  As Kathy is going from one to the other, Cindy says to me, "Is she wearing underwear?"  Mind you, Kathy just had on a pair of shorts.  Lime green tight fitting shorts.  I told her that she wasn't wearing underwear and Cindy says, "I'm pretty sure that guy just saw her pubes."  Ooooohhhhhh the laughs we had at her expense!!!

Eventually, Cindy and Rick and myself joined them in the tub.  We talked about boobs, to which Rick informed us he didn't want to know anymore about since we were referring to our own; mom's cancer doctor and what her name was, to which Cindy figured it out (90% of it) by just going through the alphabet.  She thinks it's a super power.  I think she's just weird.  When we went back up to our rooms, we invited a young stud to share our elevator but he declined.  I think Cindy scared him.  Hahaha

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites and I have to tell you, I was very impressed with their rooms.  Affordable, very clean and super friendly.  We had a kitchenette, a little sitting room and a huge bedroom with the bathroom and walk-in closet.  I could have stayed a week.  And had I known then what I know now, I wish I was staying there a week!

Jackie is one of those people that go to bed very very early.  No matter what's going on, she likes to be in bed by 9pm.  She is also up before the ass-crack of dawn.  Sometimes that is great.  Sometimes that is not so great.  On this night though, Jackie wasn't going to sleep.  Not for anybody.  She laid in bed and tried to read and when that didn't work, she got in bed with me.  We just laid there and smiled at each other.  I had one ear bud in that I was listening to music through and this song came on that I have seemed to fallen in love with but didn't know who sang it.  I said to Kathy and Jackie, "Who sings this song?  You don't know Jack, 80 proof, on the rocks..." and Jackie says "Cindy."

The reason she figured that was the right answer is because earlier in the night, Cindy came in and sang to her.  A whole bunch of songs that we learned from our parents growing up.  So very very funny.  Of course I jumped in on a couple of songs.  I didn't really want to but I didn't want Cindy doing too much solo singing.  We didn't need coyotes outside our motel!!!

Jackie seemed to be just fine until I turned around to get comfortable.  What was I thinking?  Then she got right out of my bed and back in with her mom!  A night of tossing and turning, fruit basket upset.  The last time I looked at a clock was at 12:30am and that wasn't even the last time I was awake.  I was awake probably 8 times between then and 4:30am.  One time I woke up and Kathy was going into the sitting room to the loveseat.  I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Jackie is hogging the bed." 

Folks.....Jackie wasn't even IN the bed at this point.  She was in the bathroom.  I did point that out to Kathy and she swears that when she was in the bed, Jackie was hogging it.  I offered my empty part of the bed to Jackie but Kathy wasn't having it.  She was going to the loveseat.  Whatever.  It's your back sister.  Back to sleep...or at least make the attempt. 

I beat the alarm awake.  Imagine that.  I had it set for 4:45am and was in the shower at 4:30am.  Let's get this day started.  But we will save that for another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment