2013/06/06

Dana calls it short and sweet

It's amazing to me how I can be getting ready for work or just starting my day and can think of a dozen different things that either annoy me, make me happy or just plain confuse me...and I tell myself each and every time that I am going to mention it in a blog...just to forget each and every one of those things, when I sit down to type.  It's just not fair.

Last Sunday we had Bella for the day.  Poor little girl got sick all over my dining room and bathroom floor.  And if that wasn't enough, she vomited a worm up.  Yes...a worm.  Poor girl.  We grabbed the worm, grabbed the dad, and headed off to the ER.  An examination and a prescription and we are on our way...back to Flickerville.  Fed her some lunch and she was ready for a nap.  And I mean SHE was ready.  Laid her down to change her diaper and she went right to sleep.  And stayed that way for 4 hours. 

When she woke up though, she was feeling so much better.  So we went for a ride and cruised around Wal-Mart, getting a few groceries and just taking a walk.  She seemed to enjoy it.  She has ear infection and bronchitis as well, so she's snotty...which is a whole issue with me.  Snot makes me want to vomit.  And I learned something about my husband that day.  When someone vomits a worm, he gags and almost pukes.  I think that is funny.  Give me vomit all day long...I don't care what's in it...as long as it isn't snot.  I offered to get the worm picked up and put into a baggie but he wouldn't have it.  He wanted me to clean up the vomit and the child.  Hahaha makes me giggle.

Next week Miss Bella goes to have tubes in her ears.  I hope that helps.  I know it won't do anything for the bronchitis but at least it should give her some relief for her ears.  Anyway...it had been far too long that I had gotten to spend any time with my little girl Bella and my heart ached for her so I was going to spend time with her, sick or not.  And so we did. 

So on Monday, my husband comes down with a cold.  He blames Bella.  I told him it wasn't nice to blame the baby and he says to me, "Do you know anyone else that is sick?"  Rude.  I told him to start immediately on the Mucinex. And to wash his hands a lot. And not to kiss me.  Or breathe my way.  I figured this was a no-brainer.  But he doesn't like to wash his hands like he should.  He tried to kiss me at least three times.  Sat on the couch next to me once. 

He did, however, take the Mucinex...while grumbling that it doesn't help him.  On Wednesday, I woke with a minor sore throat.  I was cursing my husband, as you can imagine.  I took some Mucinex as well because I could feel a lot of drainage and sneezed twice.  The last thing I have time for, in the summer, is a cold.  Woke up this morning and feel like $999,999.00.  Almost a million dollars.  Not too shabby, eh?

Of course it doesn't help that I work in an icebox and walk outside to 60-80 degree temps.  And I'm not complaining either.  About the outside.  I love those temps.  It's the inside freezing that I can't stand.  But I guess it's better than being hot.  Too bad it's just so extreme most of the time. 

A little shout out this morning to my girl Dana.  She is so funny today.  She's having issues with this guy...I like to call "the jerk."  She seriously needs to move on and find a guy that likes her for her...respects her...wants to show his affection toward her...in private AND in public...and treats her right...ALL the time...so that she can do the same for him.  She is a 20-something though and they know everything.  They don't take advice.  *sigh*

I think I will just go over and smack her upside the head.  Not sure if it will do anything for her but it might make me feel better about the whole situation.  Hehehe



No comments:

Post a Comment