2013/06/08

The Second Gift

In the middle of the night, last night, I woke up and a thought came to mind....."The Gift."  Apparently it's time I put some info out.  I don't have all of it but what I have, I will give you.

For those of you that don't know, I started a project last year called "The Gift."  Me, along with some helpers...made cookies, donated platters, ingredients, money, scrapbooking, and delivery services, to help bring a smile to someone's face.  And we did it.....to one hundred people's faces.  It was an amazing project and I can't wait to do it again.

Before I list the things that we are going to need.....that I can think of right now.....I want to tell you what I need from you.....my reader, first and foremost.  I would love to do two hundred platters this year.  We don't have to have that many but I would LOVE it if we did.  I don't know why.  I just think two hundred is a good number of smiles to pass along. 

REMEMBER:  I need an address with the name.  Please don't assume that I know where someone lives simply because they have lived in that home for 80 years.  I'm human.  I make mistakes.  AND, I forget who some people are if I haven't seen them in 40 years.  Sorry, it's a flaw in the genetics.

First...I need names.  I will take names from now until November 1st.  If you don't have it to me by then...there's a slim to none chance it's going to get delivered.  Here are the ways you can get me the name(s)/addresses:
#1) send me a private Facebook message.
#2) call me on my cell.  My number is on my Facebook info.
#3) text my cell.
#4) email me at in_boos_world@hotmail.com OR simplyshellie1@gmail.com.
#5) tell me in person.
#6) write me a letter. 
#7) any other way you can think to get me the information.  I'm not good at smoke signals but will do my best!

The next thing I need you to add WITH the name & address is WHY you think this person(s) is deserving of a platter full of smiles.  There is no right or wrong answer here.  It doesn't matter why you want them to have a platter...I would just like to tell them why.  And if you don't have a reason...that's okay too!  Maybe it's just because someone has a great personality/attitude/outlook.  But IF you have a reason, please share. 

I live in Fontanelle, Iowa.  I will drive up to 100 miles to deliver a platter, if you want me to.  If you want me to tell you when I am delivering it, I can do that too.  If you want to deliver it, we can do that as well.  And if you want your name on the tag, we will accomodate that. Hey, I'm flexible. 

I have a few people that have already asked if they can make some of the things for the platters.  I have someone wanting to make some fudge.  I have someone wanting to make cookies.  I have someone wanting to donate some platters.  I can always use more!  If you want to help out...let me know!  The more the merrier.  BUT...let me assure you of one thing...just because you say you will make some cookies...doesn't mean that I am holding you to making a hundred dozen or anything crazy like that.  What I am asking is this:  "Hey, I would be glad to donate a few dozen (or a batch) sugar cookies."  Now...if you WANT to make several dozen of one thing (or several), that is awesome too.  Not expected, but appreciated more than you can imagine. 

I just think that the more people that we get involved in this project, the more smiles we are bringing to our world.  And who doesn't need smiles in this day and age???

Here's a "tentative" list of what I am planning.  And remember...this list will be added to.  And it could be changed at any given moment.  I'm a wild child like that.  -_-

Cookies:
     Sugar (both decorated & not decorated)
     Chocolate Chip
     Cathedral Windows
     Peanut Blossoms
     Peanut Butter
     Oatmeal
     Oatmeal Raisin
     Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
     Oatmeal nut
     Snickerdoodles
     Scotcheroos
     Gingerbread
     Monster
     Any other suggestions are welcome
    

Breads:
     Muffins
     Loaf of bread
     Banana bread
     Any other suggestions welcome

Candy:
     Chocolate Fudge
     Peanut Butter Fudge
     Any other suggestions are welcome BUT I don't do a whole lot with making candy so if you want to make something, I will love you long time!

Bars:
     Pumpkin Bars
     Raisin Bars
     Rice Krispy Treats
     Cherry Bars
     Apple Bars
     Brownies
     Any other suggestions welcome

And now....for those wanting to donate ingredients.....I don't know how much of what, I am going to need.  What I can do at this point, is tell you what I know for sure I will need.  Just the products though; not the amounts. 
    
     Flour                    Sugar                    Baking Soda          Baking Powder

     Chocolate Chips    Chocolate Syrup    Oatmeal               Butter/Margine/Oleo

     Walnuts                Peanut Butter        Milk                     Frosting

     Powdered Sugar    Marshmallows        Vanilla                 Butterscotch Chips

     Apple/Cherry Pie Fillings                   Rice Krispies         Marshmallow Creme

     Cocoa                   Dried Fruit            Hershey's Kisses    M&M's

     Cinnamon             Raisins

So there we go.  Like I said, things will change but these are what I am 90% sure WILL be on the platters.  Let's get to planning people!  One last thing.....if a bunch of us want to get together this winter and do some baking, say for a whole day, I can get us hooked up with a bigger kitchen.  I have to have willing participants though.  I'm not going to make arrangements to have a group and nobody show up!  How fun would that be???

Let me know!!!
                                                    

1 comment:

  1. Has any one told you lately that you are the best. Well I am telling you. You are the best and have the biggest heart of anyone I know. Love You Girl

    ReplyDelete