2014/11/08

A change in scenery

Hey!  Long time, no see!  I hope you didn't forget about me.  I needed a break from thinking and thought maybe you could use a break from my bitching.  
-_-  

Back in 2012, I had written some blogs about the Sheriff and Deputies that I work with and wanted to catch you up on the happenings around here and the changes...so I took a stroll through memory lane and re-read the blogs that I had written about these men I work for and with.  Let me begin by saying that I nearly laughed myself out of my chair.  Oh the memories.  And oh how some things...opinions...have changed.  


And my blogs were much funnier when I typed what I thought.  So here's your warning.  My sailor talk is coming back.

Walk with me.  Let's talk.

Back in 2012, "The Big Kahuna" was the Sheriff.  I referred to him as the Big K for the sake of the blog.  I explained to you how he was a huge smart ass with just enough of a dry sense of humor that he could trick you into almost anything.  One person had described him as an ostrich one minute and bouncing  off the walls the next.

Well...fast forward to 2014.  He has stepped down from his position as County Sheriff and moved on to life in the slower, less hassling lane.  He doesn't have to care what people say or think anymore and I'm pretty sure that if he doesn't want to get out of bed that day, he won't.  Good for him.  I know he has been ready to move on for quite some time.  I wish you well, sir.

OK so now we need to rewind back to 2012 again.  

"DIC" was second-in-command.  Remember, DIC stood for Deputy in Charge.  Not meant to be confused with dick.  Because he was a prick.  Did you get all that?  DIC was down-to-earth, likable, and comparable to a teddy bear.  Even though he swears he doesn't make friends and nobody likes him.

Fast forward to 2014.  DIC is still second-in-command but is getting ready to retire at the end of this year.  53 days to go.  And I'm pretty sure we are all counting the days by now.  He has turned into the grumpiest, hateful man that I have known in my life.  And I've known some real jack asses!!  He takes the cake anymore, though.  Nothing.....and I mean NOTHING.....can please him.  He could tell you to take a piece of chalk and go outside and draw a circle and then in the next breath tell you that you did it wrong because you didn't do it the same way he would have done it.  I am truly going to miss the man that he was when I first started this job.  He always made work fun but that has come to a screeching halt.  The only thing that could make him smile now is if all of us failed.  And I'm not stretching this truth one bit.  

Back to 2012 now.  I kinda feel like I'm in the "Back to the Future" movie suddenly.  Can't decide where I need to be.  Sorry, I will be over that soon.

"Hot Shot" was next.  Third in command and absolutely my favorite Deputy of all time.  Outside of my own flesh and blood family that is.  Hot Shot was the generous, ready-to-teach guy that always found something positive to say about everyone.  I kinda felt like we had a brother/sister friendship with the exception that we got along better than me and my brothers.  

Skipping forward again to 2014.  Hot Shot is now our Sheriff.  He stepped up and took the position of Sheriff when "Big K" stepped down.  I know he wasn't ready for it but he got it anyway and I believe that he is going to be a phenomenal Sheriff.  He thinks things through and looks at everything from all angles.  In my initial blog about him, I said that it terrified me to even think about working for him but I have to admit...I was wrong!  Phenomenal is all I got.

Back we go.  2012.  Again.  I hope you're not getting dizzy.  I didn't pack any nausea meds.

"Loverboy" wasn't next in the line of blogs because I had talked about him before even thinking about writing about the others.  Loverboy is the man as tall as a house with the voice of a teddy bear.  He always has good things to say about people...especially his wife...even if she doesn't always believe it.  I referred to him as "the last great man on earth" because of the sick and disgusting things he would dream up to say to her.  And by sick and disgusting, I mean loving and beautiful.  Those DO mean the same thing, right???

Anyway, catch up.  I'm in 2014 again.  Am I wearing you out?

Loverboy is now third in command and doesn't work any late nights anymore.  And since I do work nights, it was quite a change for me to hear him go home at 20:00 hrs.  I was pretty sure I was never going to get his number straight in my head.  I was calling him all kinds of numbers that weren't his!  Loverboy still is...and I'm sure always will be...the same teddy bear that I described him as before.  His wife and I have agreed that should he ever need dentures and can't brush them himself, I would gladly take care of his teeth.  I have never understood her fear and disgust of dentures but hey...I'm terrified of little people so.....

One last time here.....2012.

The last blog that I did about the last Deputy..... "FNG."  Fucking New Guy.  Now, I honestly don't even know where to begin with this guy.  He and I butted heads a couple of times.  Loudly.  In the blog that I found about him, he was compared to a brown recluse spider.  Comes out, attacks, and leaves.  And I suppose I thought it was my job to stomp on him since we all know how spiders make me sick.  But.....I could never do that.  Because spiders paralyze me.  Such a vicious cycle.  In the blog, I had "misjudged" FNG and had admitted such.  I was ready to forgive and forget; give the man another chance like I knew I needed to.  In the blog, I said that it wasn't the first time I had blogged about him and I remember being mad as hell and referring to him as "IT" through the whole entire thing.  I have got to find that blog because it just HAS to be a real kick in the pants!

For the last time, folks.....2014.  We made it.

"FNG" is no longer the FNG.  He is fourth in command presently and.....ok you may want to sit down for this.....awesome to work with.  That is, when he isn't being mean to me.  He is very good about explaining how things can get done if we work together.  He is (for the most part) a pretty likable human being.  I know...strange, huh???  If I have a question about how to enter information or how to find information, he is very good about helping me figure it out.  He pushes me to look for things that I wouldn't probably look for, for the others.  AND.....he and his wife had a baby last year.  I had a BLAST getting him his "Daddy's 1st baby" kit and had a couple of special things handmade for their precious little girl.  It was very fun to watch him go from "Oh it's a girl.  I'm not even going to bond with her."  to "Look at my baby girl.  Isn't she awesome?"  And she is pretty awesome from what I see.  She must get that from her mother!  Haha!!

I will stop here for now.  I have another blog to follow up with.  About our new guy.  I think you're gonna like what you read.  :)  

Until next time...thanks so much for stopping by and chatting with me.  I have missed you, friend.  We will be talking very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment