2022/04/06

#4 When you can't do it anymore, you will

 So..... we all have bad days.  We all have really bad days.  But the one thing we have in common is that we have a 100% track record of making it through those bad days.  That's hard to see when you're in the middle of a mental breakdown or a trauma.  Some of those days, I didn't even want to make it out to the other side.  I convinced myself it would be easier on myself and everyone around me if I had just given in and given up and let the bad consume me.  



Then I think about my dogs.  There is no way on earth I would willingly leave them to this world.  They have been through enough.  They have loved and lost just as much as I have and I will never be unfair to them.  

These dogs save my life more often than they will ever know, obviously but even more than I realize.  They are my unconditional love, support and companionship at any given time of the day or night.  Sure, they turn their heads sometimes when I'm having a deep and meaningful conversation with them and give me a look like "Did your cheese slide off your cracker?"  

They don't get frustrated with me (I think?).  They don't talk back to me (unless it's 06:30 and Wall-e decides it's time for me to get up).  Now they do get mad at me.  I mean that little one.  She-devil. She will get mad at me and look me straight in the eye and pee right in front of me.  She has no fear.  She's like my spirit animal.  Fear nothing.  Can't fault her for that now can I?

If you're not an animal lover, you won't get it.  If you are, you will certainly get it.

I kind of got off topic here.  My point being "You got this.  I got this.  We all got this."  

Be kind to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment