2012/09/10

The Staycation: Part 3

So.....where did I leave off?  Oh I remember!  Bertha pooped out on her friends.  She left us high and dry and didn't even care that we had more fun in store.  But then again...I should have expected it!  She IS just a little higher...hahaha...and mightier...than the rest of us!  Or at least we let her THINK she is!  Bertha left us.  We will forget about her now.  She is history.

We came back around to my house and Kate brought husband Cris along and we ate lunch and then the guys went out to the country to practice their marksmanship while Kate and I went to run some errands and pick up some more people down in C-town.  Matilda had went home to pick up Jeannie so we had time to kill.   

Pick people up, head to the grocery store and head back to the house.  The guys are back when we get home and everybody is ready to get things started.  Matilda and Jeannie show up and soon after, Lulu arrives.  Yes!  More people!!  Love this!

The adult beverages come out of the woodwork as we all head outside to the slip-n-slides.  Oh...if I could only share the pictures on here!  I have them on my facebook wall and they are hilarious!  We ended up using the rest of my dish soap to "slicken" the things up and when we ran out of that, we used fabric softener.  We smelled good, looked horrible and laughed our asses off!  

Every time we had a race, the loser had to "bob" for something of the winner's choosing.  Yes...I bobbed several times.  I am a pro at it now!!  There were water fights.  At one point, Mick tried to kill me by picking my legs up and trying to bend them behind my head.  For a fat girl, I can get out of tight situations pretty good!  -_-

Time for showers.  We were cold.  We were wet.  And we were dripping with fabric softener and booze.  What a great time!  I wish Gee would do that with me every weekend!  HA!  Four of us girls ran into the bathroom, stripped down and took showers.  I said showers.  Plural.  We took separate showers.  You pervert!  When we were all clean and showered, I grabbed a can of silly string, stuck it in my pocket and then distributed the other three to Lulu, Kate and Matilda.  Armed with that and sidewalk chalk, we all took a walk up town.

Someone took that sidewalk chalk and wrote...in big letters...STAYCATION!  That was nice of them.  Those nice people!!  I think there are several people in my little town that wished they had joined us that weekend!!  

Out of nowhere, us girls break out the silly string and we go after everyone else!  It was mass chaos at the corner of Yuck and Fou!  I think Mick got the most string sprayed at him.  I hope he took that as a term of endearment.  He obviously was the favored one.  With what was left of the sidewalk chalk, our shirts all got decorated so into the park we go.  Our little gang of misfits.  Some going down slides.  Some hanging by their toenails on the monkey bar thingy.  We ended up in the gazebo doing the "hokey pokey."  

What a sight we had to have been!  I wish someone would have taped us that day!  Back to the house we go.  We played another game of "What the F***!" and then Gee grilled out for us.  As we were playing, friend Dirk just kept getting drunker and drunker.  Apparently Dirk isn't very good at being drunk because he lost touch with reality and the correct way to interact with other human beings.  Girlfriend Dona wasn't a whole lot better.  She knew exactly how to push his buttons so before we could even get to the backyard to the bonfire, they were in the front yard going at it like kindergartners.  

Luckily they had someone en route to pick them up because after that little episode, neither of them were very welcome to stay the night.  I think that will be the last party I hold that those two will be able to join in!  So they left and the bonfire went on as planned.  

We wanted to play truth or dare but I think we were all so tired that truth was the easiest way to go.  We kinda petered out on that as well.  Mick was the only one willing to do a dare and nobody could come up with a good dare anyway!  Don't worry Mick, I already have some dares ready for next year!!

This night wasn't near as late as the first night although I couldn't tell you what time we ended up getting to sleep. I remember being so dog tired that I didn't care where I slept or who it was with.  On one side of me I had Lulu.  We were sharing an air mattress.  On the other side of me I had Mick.  On his own mattress but I warned him that if Lulu made one wrong move in the night, I felt like I was going to bounce over on top of him.

Maybe I did.  Maybe I didn't.  You will never know, will you?  -_-  See Mick, your wife should have come with you!!!  The next morning, Kate was in charge of breakfast and that was just swell.  I got to sleep an extra fifteen minutes that I wouldn't have if I had to cook.  She wasn't sleeping anyway.  She never does.  I'm glad she cooked.  Because she cleans up after herself.  And that my friend, was the best reward.  

Everybody got their stuff around and got the hell out.  Phew!  Thank goodness!  I now own two extra lawn chairs, a koozie, and a pair of black bootie socks.  I love coming out ahead!  -_-   

Keep in mind we are doing this next year.  At Matilda's house.  And someone else will be putting together the scavenger hunt for us so it will be more fair that we don't know ahead of time what we have to do.  If you want on the V.I.P. list, let me know.  And don't say you're only staying one night because your child is coming home from college.  The child you just saw five days prior.  Don't say that.  You'll get blacklisted.  Fast.  You have a year to get a babysitter lined up.  A year to hoard adult beverages.  A year to get your slip slidable!  

See you next year party dawgs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment