2012/09/22

My gift is overweight and I love it

So.....Gee and I have been searching for recipes all night.  Not just any recipes either.  Recipes that we love.  Recipes that stick in our hearts long after the cooking baking season is past.  And yes...it does pass.  Some of us just tend to overlook that fact.

We have decided on 27 recipes...so far.  Lord knows that could grow at any waking moment!  We have everything from all types of cookies... to almond bark pretzels... to cupcakes... to bars... to mini loaves of homemade bread... to pastries.  

It took a couple of hours to get the 22 recipes sorted that we had printed and available to us.  Now to get the other five tomorrow.  That's going to be my side job at work.  I'm going to lug some cookbooks in with me and study.  Who knows what else I will end up adding to my treasure trove of goodie plates!!

I'm so excited.  Can you tell I'm excited?  I about can't stand myself.  And it isn't because I don't shower.  Because I do shower.  I promise.  Just ask my dog.  He loves to shower with us so he knows.  

Anyway.....................................

Keep in mind I still have some recipes to add to my list.  Which means I still have to add how many ingredients I am going to need.  Which means........you're not going to believe this.  Just reading it makes me smile. I'm about to prove to you just how strange I really am.  To the naked eye, this looks like $$$.  To me however, this looks like the best Autumn of my life so far.

51 cups of butter
125 eggs
150 cups of flour
15 cups of coconut
58 cups of oatmeal
50 cups of peanut butter
75 cups of granulated sugar
36 cups of brown sugar
174 ounces of chocolate chips
13 cups of confectioners sugar
6 cups of pumpkin
14.5 cups of shortening
13 cups of raisins
17.5 cups of macadamia nuts
60 ounces of white chocolate chips
18 cups of Special K

I could go on and on all day.  Ethel I think we're gonna need a bigger mixer!!

This year I will be putting my kitchen-aid to the task.  I think I will invest in about 6 of those cheapo hand mixers too...to help lighten the load of mixing the basics together.  Sam is going to love me this year!!

I haven't really had the turn-out that I had intended.  I am really surprised more people don't want to send a goodie plate to someone; anyone.  I keep telling people..."It can be to anyone of your choosing.  For whatever reason you choose."  There is no right or wrong here folks.  

Do you know someone who has had a tough year financially and think they need a extra sweet smile on their face?  Do you know someone who has lost a loved one and could use a little pick-me-up?  Do you know someone that is just "one of those awesome people" that deserve a treat just for "being them?"  How about a city council that you want to thank for doing a good job?  I can do that, ya know.  I can have it delivered right to a meeting!  

Teachers, principals, superintendents, pastors, bus drivers, officers of the law, babysitters, accountants, lawyers, garbage men, mail men, aunts, uncles, cousin, parents.....I could go on all day here people.  

Someone YOU know deserves a treat.  It's true.  Don't make me beg!  And you can have it sent anonymously or have your name added to the card.  Either way it's a WIN-WIN!!  

I promised Gee I would make this short.  He's already asleep in his chair.  He and the dog keeping each other warm because we are NOT turning any heat on yet!!

I just wanted to keep you all posted on what was going on with "Operation Cookies" and "My Gift."  To the ones that have donated.....I can't thank you enough.  It means so much to know that there are so many awesome people out there willing to give and help one another.  

So far, I have 12 different towns to deliver to.  And I get to see a lot of people.  Some I don't even know!  I can't wait!!!

And now, I will close with just one more simple list.  The goodie list.  Have a great night and keep reading!!!

Chocolate Bark Pretzels
White Bark Pretzels
Snow on the Mountain cookies
Snickerdoodle cookies
Peanut Blossoms cookies
Peanut Butter cookies
Chocolate Chip cookies
Sugar Cut-Out cookies
Regular Sugar Cookies
Orange Slice cookies
No bake cookies
O'Henry bars
Rice Krispie treats
Mini Cini's
Banana Bread
Oatmeal cookies
Oatmeal Raisin cookies
Monster cookies
Pumpkin bars
Macadamia nut/white chocolate chip cookies
Cherry bars
Cupcakes
Puppy Chow
Homemade bread
Ranger cookies
Jumbo oatmeal peanut butter cookies

Phew!  That makes me want to go to bed!  A lot of work ahead of us but we are very excited to do it!  I love making people smile!!  Until next time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Val wants some cookies, too. I'd also like to send a single cookie crumb to Sheila.

    ReplyDelete