2013/11/23

Gesundheit

It's no surprise that I do not like anything about going to the grocery store.  I don't know why but I do not enjoy it.  I would rather be home, baking up a mess or doing the laundry or mowing the yard.  I have already been to Target and picked up a lot of my groceries.  They didn't have everything I need of course and I knew I was going to have to go again but the thought of it takes every ounce of energy I can muster. 

I can wake up in the morning and WANT to exercise better than I can wake up and WANT to go to the grocery store.  It's ridiculous.  Today I woke up at 08:46 and knew that I needed to get my happy ass to Creston Hy-Vee and get my shopping done.  But I just laid there.  I mean...it was warm and I was comfortable.  WHY do I need to get up?  And the internal struggle begins.  My body always has a way of winning though because just as I could see the victory flags in the conversation of "should we or shouldn't we?," my bladder jumped in to make the point that not only SHOULD I get up, but I AM getting up.  Now. 

Once I'm up, I'm up.  That's why I hate it when I get the urge to piddle in the night.  It takes me FOREVER to get back to sleep!  Anyway, I'm up.  I'm going.  I'm not too thrilled about it but whatever.  With eyes closed, I make it to the bathroom.  It was THEN I remembered that I have picked up three dead mice.  And they were all three just "laying around." 

They didn't pick some nice out-of-the-way place to lay down and die.  They died in their tracks.  One on my kitchen rug.  One on the top of my steps.  One in the basement.  At least the basement was out of the way though.  They are getting my memo, they just aren't realizing that they need to die somewhere where it won't affect me.  No more walking to the bathroom asleep.  The last thing I want to do is step on one of the little buggers.

I eat a little bit of Cheerios and check my blood sugars.  I am doing so well that I scare myself sometimes.  Out the door we go.  Quintin to the farm, to tend to some business at hand and me to the grocery store.  I think I would rather have went to the farm and done his filthy chore. 

I go to Hy-Vee and fight the mob.  I couldn't believe the baking aisle!  It was so full that I went down it three times to get everything I needed!  Seriously, three times.  People!  Get. Your. Stuff. And. Get. OUT.  No wonder this place exhausts me and gets on my last nerve!  Next year, I'm getting all my baking stuff purchased in October and freezing it.  All of it. 

I got almost all the stuff I needed there.  Unfortunately, my Hy-Vee doesn't carry the big 40 lb. bag of sugar and flour that I so desperately need this time of year.  So to Wally World I go.  And I wasn't a bit happy about it.  Remember my last trip there?  The stupid bird?  I'm pretty sure I prayed the whole time I was in there.

I got my flour and sugar and just a couple other things and checked out and got the heck out of there.  It wasn't near as bad as Hy-Vee was though!  As I was pushing my cart to the door, I heard it.  "The chirp."  I'm sure my eyes shot in about twelve different directions in a matter of seconds.  I told my favorite greeter to "have a great day and have a happy Thanksgiving" as I headed for the door.  At a greater speed than usual. 

This man...whose name escapes me right now, is a little bald man and a greeter at my Wal-Mart.  When I first started seeing him, he would rarely speak.  Just smile.  So I made it my goal to get this man to speak to me.  Whatever it was going to take, I was going to do it.  Each time I would come in and he was there greeting, I would go out of my way to say hello to him.  He would smile and nod. 

Not good enough dude!  Not even close.  I wanted to just say to him, "Look, can't you just say hello and ask how I am?"  Bingo.  That is what I am going to do.  I am going to direct that question to him and he won't have any choice but to speak to me.  Aha!  Gotcha dude!  The next trip when I saw him, he said "Hello."  And I pushed my cart right over by him and said, "Hello!!  How are you doing today?"  And it has been "chatty" ever since.  Okay maybe not chatty but compared to how he USED TO BE, he is chatty!  Love that guy!  I just wish I could remember his name!

Like I said before, out the door I went.  I stopped by my friend Linda's house and visited with her for a little bit.  Can't even remember the last time I sat and talked with her.  It wasn't long enough for either of us but at least we got a visit in.  Time to get some gasoline for the car and head home.  After all, I have a backseat and a trunk, both completely full of groceries.  And they all have to be put away so I can get ready to go to work.

I took a different way home today.  The "back road."  I don't usually like to go this way because it adds an extra stop sign between there and my home but I was at Casey's on the north side and figured "what the heck."  What the heck.  I mumbled that a few times along the way.  Of course, I said it with a question mark at the end every time but "what the heck" it was.

Right before getting to the first stop sign, I sneezed.  Then I sneezed again.  Upon stopping at the stop sign, I sneezed a couple more times.  What the heck??  I NEVER do this.  Two is always my limit.  And I don't have a cold.  I feel great actually.  Proceed north from the stop sign and as I am accelerating, I start sneezing again.  I'm pretty sure I sneezed fourteen more times and apparently, each time I sneezed, I accelerated.  Hahaha oh yes I did!

And then it happened.  I came over a hill, sneezed, looked at the speedometer to see that I was going XX mph.  No, I'm not telling you how fast I was going because it embarrasses me.  What the heck was I doing going THAT fast???  Boom.  Lookie there.  A state trooper.  I wave.  Of course I know I'm as guilty as my husband is of not doing anything to help out with Thanksgiving preparations. 

Sneeze.  Take my foot off the accelerator.  Sneeze.  Yep, he's slowing down.  Yep, he's turning around.  Sneeze.  What. The. Heck?  He couldn't have had his lights on a milisecond when I just pulled over.  I knew this could go good or this could go bad.  Either way, I was a bad bad girl. 

As the trooper is walking up to my car, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  I had taken my sunglasses off and tears are just streaming down my face.  Obviously from the sneezing.  The first thought that entered my mind was "Oh great, he's going to think I'm going to pull that whining cry-baby act on him."  So now I'm furiously wiping my eyes. 

I gave him my license and told him I had a concealed weapon in the car.  He then asked me some questions; the last being did I know why he pulled me over.  "*big laugh* oh yes!  I was having the worst sneeze attack of my life and apparently accelerated everytime I sneezed!"  He kinda laughed at me.  "It's a good thing you stopped me because I couldn't get rid of those things by myself!"  I was ready and willing to sign that ticket.  I deserved it.  What the heck was I thinking not setting my cruise control??? Oh yeah, I know what I was thinking!  "WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THIS SNEEZING STUFF???"

And I made it home in one piece.  Not another sneeze.  He must have scared the snot out of me!  I made 4 batches of cookie dough and have it ready to make cookies next week.  Still got a lot to do though.  Tomorrow.  There's always tomorrow.  I hope so anyway!  And it's off to work I go!!

I hope you enjoyed my day with me.  It's always better when you have company riding along.  Feel free to come along tomorrow too!  Until next time...thanks for reading!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment