2013/11/22

I'm too tired to be this exhausted

It's been a long day.  I got off work last night at midnight just to get home and not be able to go to sleep.  It could have something to do with the coffee I drink at work.  Or it could be that I have a new phone so I spend waaaaaay too much time playing with it.  Right beside my husband...who has a new phone...and wants to play with his as well.  I think we have something a little bit backward there.  I will have to think this through.  Later though.  When I have more energy.

It was after 01:15 when I looked at the clock last night.  Errrr this morning.  I didn't sleep very well for some reason.  My two flat pillows that I use are giving me fits all of a sudden.  Both of them together makes my neck hurt.  And this is new.  This hasn't ever bothered me before a couple of weeks ago.  So at some point in the night, I take the top one off and put it in front of me.  On the very edge of the bed.  And I hug it (Yes, I see how this looks as though we have some things not quite right in this area). 

So now I have my head laying on one pillow and my arms around the other pillow.....with my cheek resting on it.  *sigh*  I am very vigilant about this front pillow falling off the bed because well...I saw a mouse in our bedroom the other day and well...although I'm not a bit afraid of mice...I don't want one to get inside my pillow case and then get up in my bed and snuggle up with me because...well I just don't want that.  Yuck. 

If the mouse would let me catch it and bathe it, maybe.  But they aren't letting me do that.  The little rat bastards run.  And they run fast.  I have seen at least three upstairs.  I am not a hundred percent sure if they are all different mice.  I know there are at least two different ones because two were darker and one was slower and lighter.  And one lives...or used to live...in my new bathroom wall.  He has a little front door right under the step up into my shower. 

We put new bait out around our house...where the dogs cant get to them...and waited.  I have picked up one that just dropped dead on my kitchen rug and one that literally died at the top of my steps while I was taking a shower.  By that I mean that he was not at the top of the steps when I went UP to take my shower...but he was dead as a doornail when I started to go DOWN the stairs.  It probably saw me naked and keeled over dead.  I know I would.

So anyway, I don't want my pillow on the floor.  So anytime it feels like it is going to slip out of my grasp, I wake up just enough to pull it back close to me.  So it's not a very GOOD sleep usually.  And now I have this new phone with a new phone number.  And apparently the previous owner of this phone number lived in or around Mt. Ayr because at 05:27 am, I started getting text messages telling me that Mt. Ayr school had a two hour delay today.  Thanks for that.

From 06:00 until 06:30...when I had my alarm set for...I tossed and turned.  Afraid the alarm wouldn't go off and I would be late getting around to go with Kathy to her doctor's appointment.  I would be lying if I said that I wasn't 100% excited to see what her boobs looked like today!

About 08:30, she and Joan arrived and picked me up.  We headed for Des Moines and chatted all the way up about all sorts of different things.  From relationships with different people, to work schedules, to Christmas presents, to the weather.  And with our little bit of ice and snow that we got last night, that was quite a conversation.  We saw the remains of three vehicles being turned over and towed away from the interstate.  I'm glad I wasn't working WHEN that happened.  The aftermath of an accident is sometimes worse than the accident itself.  Last night though, proved to be just "okay."

We get to the doctor's office and I have a sudden urge to get to the bathroom quick...if ya know what I mean.  Yeah...I drank coffee all the way up there.  I tell Kathy that they can't do anything with her boobs until I get back.  I get in the bathroom...a public bathroom, mind you...and there is a lady in the first stall...of two stalls.  Well I will assume it was a lady.  I will correct myself and say that someone else was in stall #1 and he/she/it left their purse just sitting out on the bench for anybody to pick up and walk off with.  Duh. 

Have you ever heard of someone with a shy bladder?  They can't pee if they know someone could hear them?  Well I don't necessarily have one of those.  I do however, have a colon that doesn't like an audience.  And sometimes it gets mighty painful trying to appease the colon.  But there I sat.  Waiting it out.  Feeling like a fool.  While I waited, I searched my purse for my trusty B&B room spray that my momma taught me to keep with me at all times because you never know when you're going to make a stinky!  It wasn't there.  I just kept playing around in my purse.

Oh look!  Dew Kiss chapstick by Avon.  One of my most favorite things in the world.  I have them everywhere.  I always get them for gifts and I cherish every one of them.  I keep one in the laundry room, beside my bed (to share with the mice), in each bathroom, in each purse, in my car, at work, in my work bag.  And if you think tha'ts bad...you should see all my bottles of antacids that I keep around.  And I rarely even have heartburn anymore!  I bet I haven't taken one for six months or more.  But I won't go without it!

Finally the lady, or whoever, flushes...and stands up.  Yes, I'm watching her feet.  I want her to GET OUT!  I see her turn toward the toilet and I hear her spit.  WHAT?  Am I in the women's bathroom?  Oh my God I really am holding it in now!  The person leaves the stall and goes to wash their hands.  I will say they didn't wash very long but at least they washed, right?  I think the next thing they did was sit on that little couch thingy...bench!  That's what I called it before, a bench!  Anyway, I'm not positive they didn't have a seat for a moment.  Oh the pain!

Push of the handicapped door button and they are gone.  But I listen intently...just to make sure they are playing a joke on me and are ready to bust a gut laughing as soon as I bust a gut...if you know what I mean.  That does it.  I was polite enough not to stink this poor person out long enough.  I gotta go!  Phew!  And my sister was still waiting for me when I got through.  I was afraid...after all that waiting...her appointment would be completely over.  It felt like I was in there six hours!

I bet you're thinking to yourself right now how happy you are that you clicked on my link. Hey, you're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy people!!  No, I don't gain anything from you reading this.  I just smile when you do.  -_-

Time for the appointment with the doctor.  We get in the room and sister strips her shirt and the tube bra off.  Her incisions look awesome.  I wouldn't ever have this done myself but her incisions look awesome.  If someone would have told me a year ago that I was going to look forward to seeing my sister's breasts, I probably would have signed a committal.  On them.  But here I am!  Happy to see her boobies! 

Doc put some stuff on the leaky hole she has at the end of one incision.  It was black stuff and it looked awful painful.  But she did good.  Said it didn't hurt at all.  I expect it didn't after having to watch him cut that crap out of you first!  That was fun to watch but I think it hurt me more than it hurt Kathy!  The nurse told her to go get a sports bra and they would see her back after Thanksgiving. 

I was SO excited about this sports bra.  I have said from the beginning of this ordeal that I wanted to buy her first sports bra for her.  Oh my goodness, I was finally going to get to do that!  To Target we go!  Where I got all kinds of grocery items but no sports bras.  At least not any that she could wear at this time. 

To the Dollar Tree we go!  Yes, I realize they don't sell bras there.  But they do sell some fantastic things and I love to give them my money!  And I did.  And loved it.  We scoot right out of there and head right to Gordman's.  By this time, I had forgotten all about the sports bra and as we were walking around the store, out of the corner of my eye, I see this beautiful yellowish sports bra.  I was almost in a dead run to get to it and guess what!?!  They had her size!  Almost screaming across the store, "KATHY WHERE ARE YOU?  I FOUND YOUR BRA!!"  Hahaha I'm sure she appreciates that even now.

We grabbed a couple different sizes and headed for the fitting room.  "She has to go in with me because I just had surgery."  The lady just said okay like she didn't really give a crap nor did she seem to believe us.  "Nothing like having your sister re-teach you how to get dressed."  She looked at me like I had just spoken a foreign language.  Maybe I did.  I don't think I did though. 

We get ourselves locked in the fitting room and I am helping her get undressed.  Knowing...but not caring...how this would really look to the rest of the world.  I just can't wait to get this thing ON her! 

And so we did.  It was beautiful.  Her boobies were normal.  Regular.  Everything we've ever wanted them to be but really...so much more.  I'm surprised we didn't bust out crying but we didn't.  Her eyes lit up and my heart was filled with happiness.  WHO KNEW boobs could make me so happy?  And someone else's boobies at that!!!

So today I got to buy Kathy her first two sports bras and I couldn't be happier about it!  Next time you see her, be sure to compliment the girls ;-)

Want to add that we finally got to have a little time with Sheila today.  Haven't seen her in a coon's age.  Don't know what a coon's age is?  Just ask Sheila!  She will know all about it!!!  Come on, just ask her!  The answer is bound to be funny! Anyway, it was very nice to be able to sit down and catch up...even if it was only for a short lunch.  Love my time with the girls!!

That's all I got for now.  I am just too worn out today.  I got home from Des Moines JUST in time to get my stuff put away, change my shirt and get out the door.  Dang, it's going to be a long night! 

Until next time...thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment