2012/08/16

I woke up late today

I had my alarm set for 0600 hrs this morning.  Gee had his alarm set for 0530 hrs.  I heard his alarm go off.  It was very loud and obnoxious this morning.  More than usual.  I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact that Buddy woke up around 0200 hrs and needed to come lick our faces.  It's nice that he loves us but REALLY???  Is that necessary when it's complete darkness?  The smooth sound of the fan blowing next to us.  I was sleeping so good until then.

I don't like my face licked anyway so he knows better.  Maybe he had a bad dream and wanted his mommy and daddy, I don't know.  But for snot's sake, he could have JUST laid down between us!! 

So I'm laying there asleep.  *lick*  Gross.  I take my arm and scoot him away from me.  Scoot him over by Gee.  I hear the familiar *lick* and Gee pushes the little turd back toward me and then turns his back to the both of us.  And now Buddy thinks we are playing a game.  Lovely.

After I finally have to tell him.....in a louder voice than was probably necessary at that hour of the morning.....we are not playing and it's bedtime, walked around the both of us, trying to snuggle.  And we weren't having it.  0200 hrs is no time for snuggling when you have to get up in the morning.  That stuff is saved for the days off!

He decided that he wasn't going to get anyone to wake up so he nestled up beside my head, started chewing on my hair and went right to sleep.  And that's all well and good.  Whatever it takes to get him to realize this is sleepy time.  BUT when he sleeps next to my head, it limits me to where I can move.  Not just my head; my whole body.  If I move at all, he will wake up and think it's play time; or worse, breakfast time.  Ugh!

I think the reason the little guy woke up in the first place is because of Gee.  I distinctly remember hearing him YELL out in his sleep.  He didn't yell anything of any importance.  Just a yell.  Maybe he saw what I look like in the middle of the night and it scared him.  I don't know.  I remember him yelling though. 

And it didn't help that it was HOT in our house.  Gee thinks that when it's hot, he is the ONLY one that is hot.....so he lays spread eagle in the middle of the bed...which is currently a futon mattress with a memory foam topper over it...on the floor.  He doesn't seem to notice that his wife may need a little over the six inches of space that he leaves.  And before you start sticking up for my dear husband.....NO, he doesn't think I'm that skinny!!!

When I'm hot, I have a terrible time going to sleep.  I toss.  I turn.  Then I toss and turn some more.  I finally turned on the mp3 player and let the music put me in dreamland.  Until the torential tongue woke me up.  UGH!

So..........where was I going with this story?  Ghinko Biloba to the rescue!!

Gee's alarm went off and I heard him...as he was trying not to wake me...you know...after what sounded like an obnoxious air horn went off...and him turning lights on and stomping around the house like the Jolly Green Giant.  Yeah, quiet like that.  When he left the house, I knew I had fifteen minutes to rest before my alarm went off.  The pup back in his pen and I drift back to sleep for the best power nap of the day.

It was nice waking up, feeling kinda refreshed....okay, a little refreshed....and the alarm hadn't even went off yet.  That WAS an awesome power nap.  I roll over and stretch out...catching the clock in my peripheral view...to see that it is ten till seven!!!  SHAT!!!

I jump straight up off of that bed...just like a cat...in stealth mode!  I didn't make the bed.  I didn't pick the mattresses up and put them away.  I ran straight for the bathroom, got in that shower and got ready for work.  Oh I just hate it when I wake up late!  And why didn't my alarm go off? 

I'll tell you why!  Because I got a new phone.  You know...the kind that is so damned smart and so damned "nice" that when it's plugged in to be charged...it goes into power save mode or something.  All my notifications go to vibrate setting...which I love.  But I have to get this alarm thing figured out. 

It worked yesterday.  I don't get it.  *sigh*

So as I was getting dressed and getting my forty pounds of snacks for the day packed....that I might add I have NOT eaten any of yet!...I was apologizing to Buddy about not letting him out to play with mommy.  He would have to wait until I got home from work.  He whimpered at me but I counteracted with breakfast of "wet food."  I can't remember the brand.  But he loves it. 

So he will have to play in the pen all day.  It's all good. 

When I get home, I will get the mattresses picked up and do some cleaning.  This whole eating "right" thing is doing me wonders in the energy department.  And I haven't had any pop for three days now.  I had the world's worst headache last night though.  Gee told me to have a drink of pop.  I told Gee to stop encouraging bad habits.  I once went over two years without pop so I know this one is going to be easy to give up, once again. 

Last time though...I had energy drinks for backup.  This time I do not.  There's an addiction I don't want any part of again.  I may as well be smoking cigarettes as to have an energy drink. 

Waking up late always makes me feel like I am rushing.  I feel like I have to rush to get this blog out.  I feel like I have to rush to answer the phones.  I feel like I am never going to get caught up.  Maybe I will get my whole house cleaned!  Yeah...a girl can dream! 

Talked to my girl Lucky last night.  She was sobbing when she called.  Her dog got ran over in front of their house.  Whoever ran her over didn't even stop to let them know.  It's a possibility that they didn't even know because Baby was a tiny dog.  Teacup poodle.  My heart goes out to all of them because I do know how much that hurts.  It's almost been a year since my Bear has died and I still have trouble with it.

Baby was a beautiful little girl too.  She stayed with us for several days last month while they went on vacation.  She was always by my side and never licked my face.  I loved that little girl.  R.I.P. Baby.  You are terribly missed by everyone who knew you and loved you.  And I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment