2012/08/23

Nine reasons to be me

I feel like it's been forever since I've written a blog.  It hasn't been forever, I assure you.  It has, however, been too long.  The sad part is that I don't really have anything to talk about.  Surprising, huh?

Well...I guess it isn't that I don't have anything to talk about, because I do.  I just don't want to talk about it tonight.  Why, you might ask?  Because I am in a good good mood right now and I don't want to get too serious.  Wanna know why I'm in such a good mood?  You're in luck.  I'm going to tell you!  And these are in no certain order.  They all make me smile.

First:  Matilda and I are not going on vacation this year.  I know, I know.....to most people that would be bad news.  Instead of going on vacation, we have decided to bring our vacation to us!  There will be people (we hope).  There will be food (of course there will).  There will be water (and games to go with it).  There will be laughter (that might make you piss yourself).  There will be games (other than the wet ones...some naughty...and fun, I might add).  

Second:  I have had (so far) the best week at work.....like I said...so far.  There are three more shifts before I have a day or two off so things could go in the crapper really fast.  But I don't really care if they do.  I will smile, do what I have to do, and move on.

Third:  I got my downstairs almost all the way deep cleaned yesterday.  And trust me.....it was disgusting!  I will go on to add that today the upstairs got deep cleaned.  The extra room.....that is partly lined with sheet rock and partly lined with insulation and plastic...is ready for any and all air mattresses I can dig up, sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, and last but not least...people.  Yes...we are having a slumber party and we are all going to sleep in the same room.  Well maybe not all of us.  Maybe Gee and I will sleep in our bed!  Hahaha maybe we won't.  We will see.  

Fourth:  Gee came home from work today with good news.....which meant that he was in a great mood.  His good news, you ask?  His job just got easier.  That's all I'm going to say about that.  I also had good news for him.  It was money.  Need I say more?

Fifth:  We got the big closet cleaned out and cleaned up and we got about eight trash bags worth of "get it out of my way," out of the way.

Sixth:  Yesterday, Gee got a shelf put up in my laundry room.  I am safe in saying that it's mine since he gets hives when he has to go in there for anything besides food or ice out of the freezer.  One simple shelf made me at least a weeks worth of happy.  No joke.

Seventh:  My aunt Grace gave me one of those "Space Bags" and I think we got about a dozen blankets in that thing and it fit right behind our clothes in the closet!  Amazing!!

Eighth:  Gee got most of the yard mowed.  I didn't ask him to do it and I was shocked as shirley when I heard the mower start up.  Usually he is too tired to help me but today he not only helped me but mowed most of the yard.  Yes...he is an amazing man when I least expect it!  He wants me to finish it tomorrow.  I will probably be too busy deep cleaning the bathtub!  I gotta make sure that jacuzzi thingy still works.

Ninth:  My blood sugar was down to 135 tonight.  To some that probably sounds high but to ME, it's good.  So much better than 187 and 209.  Yes, I am happy about that.  Now...to KEEP it down!!  That's my goal.  I need to get better about checking it but I will do what I will do.

So there are nine good reasons to be Amelia T. Bedelia today.  I love it.  There are probably AT LEAST a dozen more reasons to be me today but that's all I can come up with at the moment.  You see...the IPOD has taken over the brain and I have "Bang Your Head" running through me and I have visions of seeing Quiet Riot in concert.  Yes...that was nice.  

Anyway...I am going to wrap this up.  I would like to send a shout out to my good friend Mick tonight.  Every time I went to start a new project today, I kept thinking about what he would think if he showed up at my house and it wasn't done.  He will be disappointed enough if he shows up for this party and I haven't made any cookies.  By the way Mick...I'm not planning on making any.  I have cinnamon rolls made and breakfast casseroles in the freezer.  That could be the extent of my baking until it gets colder outside!

Don't know if I will have another blog out before this stay-cation or not.  I am planning on it but if not...look out.  That one could be X-rated!  Who knows WHAT is going to happen at this party!!!

Until next time............keep your head in the sand............no wait, that's not what YOU'RE supposed to do.......I'm getting work and home confused!  Until next time.......keep flippin your flops!!  I'm outtie!!

2 comments:

  1. your house doesn't have to be perfect....just so the bathroom is pretty clean, and there's not many pubic hairs in the toaster....it'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toaster has been de-pubified. You should feel honored that I want to make a good impression for you. After all, I don't give a damn what Bertha thinks!

      Delete