2013/12/14

Jingle Jangle

Christmas is just around the corner.  Do you have all your Christmas shopping done?  Do you have all your gifts wrapped and ready to burst open on Christmas morning? 

I thought I had all mine done but alas...I have just a few more to get.  I thought I had purchased something in particular for my sisters but either I have hidden them way too good or I didn't really purchase them.  No worries.  I will finish those two up next week!  I haven't gotten my husband anything for Christmas yet.  Nothing at all.  At least with my sisters, I have part of theirs done!  I know exactly what I'm getting Quintin too.  All I need now is for him to tell me which one!

My side of the family draws names for the kids in the family.  If they are a senior in high school or younger, they are in the drawing.  Unless they don't want to be in the drawing.  It's always their choice.  I got a name even though I will be working the 4-midnight shift that night.  I will deliver to Cindy's next week so it is safe and sound.  So that gift is done and almost ready to go. 

I also have a women's gift ready for all the women in my family.  Something I don't always do or get to do but this year I did.  I made something for all the women in the family that are married or live out on their own.  Even though I can't be there, I hope they all can.  And I hope they all accept my gift.  I love to make gifts.  Now I just need to get all the guys' gifts done before Christmas.  Theirs is homemade as well! 

I have Miss Bella and baby Natie's gifts tucked away and almost ready to give to them, thanks to the awesome auction for Miss Connie last month.  

Quintin's dad's side of the family Christmas is next weekend.  I have to work that night but have made arrangements to slip away for an hour to give Grandma her gift.  And I can't wait to do that.  I think she's really going to like them!  (Thanks Morgan!)  Now...something special for Grandpa Wayne.  I may have to look into that.  I am still coming up with nothing.  But don't worry Wayne, I work well under pressure!!!

Quintin's mom's side of the family gets together in January, which helps me...and I know them...tremendously.  It will be on the 11th of January and just in case you are reading this (nosey family ;-)), I have already put in for a vacation day that day and have been approved!  HA!  We are having a soup & sandwich supper at Grandma's house that night.  I have volunteered to bring a soup that "none of them has ever had."  Of course I did.  And it's not going to be an easy feat since I have only known them a few years and haven't a clue what they have had or haven't had.  I guess I am going to have to get creative and make something up, huh?  Good luck to them!  The last soup I made was so thick, my dogs wouldn't even eat it.  How's that for depressing???

Something else I have been doing this year that I have never done before.....as most of you know, I love coffee.  There is no better way to start a day than a fresh cup of hot coffee.  With or without hazelnut creamer, I don't care.  But only one and only once (the creamer, not the coffee).  Since the beginning of the month, every single time I have purchased a cup of coffee for myself, I leave enough money to buy someone else a cup of coffee too.  And when I go to the grocery store, I try to buy a gift card and leave it with the cashier to give to someone who may need it.  No names, no addresses, no cares.  I can't do a whole lot for a lot of people but if I can help at least a little bit, I will. 

One thing I wanted to do this year was buy groceries for someone.  That was on my list for 2013.  I may not have paid for groceries for one family but I have helped several of them this month alone and the thought of it makes me smile.  I urge you to do it too.  Even if it's just once.  Go buy someone a cup of coffee anonymously.  Pay it forward people. 

And speaking of paying it forward, it was either the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013, I posted a Facebook status that promised the first 5 people to comment, a gift.  I have delivered on 4 of those and the 5th one gets mailed out next week.  I can't wait.  I hope she loves it!  Lorena, if you're reading this.....I believe you KNOW what you are getting but I am enclosing a seperate gift so I can't wait to hear what you think!

I will definitely be doing the pay it forward again in 2014.  Maybe even more than once!

My co-workers' gifts are done.  They are too easy.  Don't tell them that though!  I'm sure I left someone out but don't worry, I will get it done!

So.....are you ready for Christmas???


No comments:

Post a Comment