2013/12/24

Merry Christmas 2013

Well...here it is.  Christmas Eve.  It seems like the year just started!  I remember as a young child, my grandmother would say "Enjoy life while you can because each year you get older, it goes faster."  Of course I knew it all back then and she was just a funny old woman. 

And so ,so wise!  About a week ago, I was thinking that maybe I needed a little break from watching so closely what I was eating and regular exercises but then I thought, "No way.  You gotta stay on track Shellie."  It was THEN I realized it was already Christmas time!  I mean, it was only days away and even though I had gotten all my shopping done, wrapped and distributed, it didn't really hit me until I was thinking about my exercising, how close we really are to the end of 2013!!

Holy calendar year, Batman!

The first quarter of 2013 was spent really pouring my heart into getting my health headed in the right direction.  I have lost 32 lbs and have continued to keep it off this entire year.  Huge achievement for me.  So huge I can't even put it into words.  I have never been able to keep weight off for very long so I made myself proud.

This year I have tried to mend some broken...and possibly burnt...bridges.  I have apologized for things that I have done.  I have apologized for things that I may have had a part in.  I have stuck my neck out and have offered my hand in friendship.  I have been hugged back.  I have been snubbed.  I have been laughed at.  I have been loved.  Either way, it's a win for me because I tried to make right when I didn't know what else to do.  I don't have to be forgiven and I don't have to be given any more chances.  And this isn't any kind of pat-on-the-back for myself either.  It's just me babbling.

This year has taught me so many things about the love of friends, the love of family, the love of strangers, and the love of my husband.  But most of all, this year I have learned so much about the love of God and how He lives in my heart and my soul and how he shines through others to get my attention.  I have learned that there are people in my life that I will never get the chance to see again, talk to again, or touch again.  I know and understand the love of what I once had.  And I am okay with it. 

There were many things that I have taken for granted over the years and I don't see that happening ever again.  But I'm human and I just might fall into that trap.  One never knows.  Through the worst times in the past year, I know who has been there to help me stand up, who has let me lean on them when I really needed it most, who has shown me laughter in situations where I couldn't even see that silver lining.  I want to thank you, my friends and family, for each and every little thing you have done this past year.  Good or bad, it has made my heart stronger and has shown me that loving is by far, easier than not.

Today I really want to talk to my mom and dad.  Just to tell them how much I miss them and love them.  That's all I need to say.  And to hear their voices one last time.  Until next Christmas.  When I'll need to hear it again.  Maybe it's time to get some old home videos out and just listen, huh?  Maybe.

It's a white Christmas and I am so thrilled about it.  A couple of years back I couldnt have cared less about Christmas, if it was white, green, purple, or yellow but that passed and PHEW am I glad it did!  My mom always wanted to own a home big enough to have a Christmas room in it year round.  She would always talk about that.  Maybe someday I can have that room for her and it will be our place to be together. 

I'm trying to be upbeat and humorous tonight but it just isn't happening!  No matter what I do.  I guess it's the Christmas spirit inside of me wanting to be sentimental and content.  That I am. 

I am going to close for now.  I would like to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and I hope you all get everything you have ever dreamt about.  Love from me and mine, to you and yours.  <3

Until next time...thanks for reading...and don't forget, blog #200 is coming right up.  If you have read my blogs this year, you could be in the "know" and get to participate in my "celebrate 200."



No comments:

Post a Comment