2012/07/09

The big sleep

Good morning to you all.  Pleasant weather this morning.  Not too hot out.  At least not yet.  Not real sure as to what the temps are supposed to climb to today.  Don't really mind though either way.

Gee and I have been sleeping in seperate beds.  Not beds exactly.  I sleep in our "marital" bed and he sleeps on the couch.  This is very new for us.  And I can't stand it. 

It started out that we both moved from our bed upstairs, to the futon mattress/memory foam mattress on the livingroom floor because it was so hot.  Of course, when we first started that, we thought our central air didn't work.  It didn't take long though, for my body to start complaining about the sleeping arrangements.  Multiple days of headaches.  "The spot" between my shoulder blades that screamed at me almost every morning when I crawled up from the floor. 

I think I'm too old for this shit people!  So anyway, now that the central air has proven to work just fine (I did just knock on wood), I eventually needed to be back in my bed.  I slept downstairs with my husband......on a couple of mattresses......knowing that my body was miserable......for weeks.  Because I wanted to sleep with my husband.  I like knowing he is right beside me.  I mean, what if someone broke into our house in the middle of the night??  Somebody is going to need to protect him, right???

But my body (and I think my  mind) finally won out.  I went back to our bed.  By myself.  And left my husband to sleep on the futon mattress.  All by himself. 

Apparently my body easily adjusts to the temperatures and his does not.  He comes home from work all pukey and sick while I seem to simply adjust to the weather.  Now, I'm not saying that if I worked directly in it like he does, I wouldn't be sick.  I don't even want to attempt it.  There isn't enough money to pay me to work outside in this heat day after day after day.  Forget it. 

Something that really gets me though is when he comes home from work puking and exhausted, he will lay around until he's feeling cooler and not sick anymore and then he chooses to go fishing or mow the yard or do some stoopid project outside.  Hello???  I know I'm not a brain surgeon or anything but I'm pretty sure that if the heat made you sick at work.....it's not going to make you feel any better later in the afternoon!  Duh Gee.

So anyway, he has made it a habit to turn the central air to freezing temperatures in our house.  Literally, by the time I am ready for bed at night, my feet and legs are frozen solid.  I don't dare shower in the evening.  I'm pretty sure I would be sick.....and my muscles locked up into the worst cramps I have ever had in my life.  Moving on.....

By the time I get upstairs into the "hot box," as he calls it, I am so thankful for the warm air.  I have a "hole" in the floor that sits directly over the livingroom and there's a ceiling fan that is on continuously, moving air up to me so it's not as if there's not any air.  And I have a box fan.  By morning, I am balled up in the fetal position freezing my ass off once again.

And I haven't even opened the window in the bedroom.  I guess I should consider myself lucky that I am able to adapt so well but I miss sleeping with my husband.  I asked him yesterday if we are ever going to be able to sleep together again and his reply was, "Sure we will.  This fall." 

Wow.  I only have to wait three more months to sleep with my husband again.  Isn't that a kick in the pants!?!  I asked him if we could meet in the middle and sleep on the stairway but he doesn't think that's a good idea either.  At least I'm trying. 

As long as I can remember, I have always always always had a fan on me when I sleep.  And that's always been sufficient.  Maybe that's how it's always going to be in our house.  Seperate beds for the summer months.  Maybe when it's freezing cold outside, I will sleep downstairs in front of a vent or something.....just to see how he likes it. 

Ha!  I know better.  Once that man is asleep, he doesn't care where I am at!  And getting back to the question of somebody breaking into our house in the middle of the night.....I guess he will just have to sleep through it or learn to take care of himself in the middle of the night.  As for me.....I will be upstairs with my nine milimeter.  Dreaming peacefully until someone is stoopid enough to interefere.

I hope your nights are full of rest and happy dreams.  Or dreams of big fish...in clear water.  That's a good dream.  It means good luck is headed your way in the financial world.  At least that's what the Mayans say.  Until next time my friends.  Keep warm.  Keep cool.  Keep dry.  Keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so funny you should post about fish and clear water. I had a dream about that last night. HMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete