2012/07/11

Me VS TomKat

If you haven't read it yet, go to massagemick's musings on blogspot and read his posts.  The last one cracks me up to no end.  I guess he's wondering if I ever got my contacts.  Well I'm not telling him now.  HA!

The big news on television these days is the TomKat divorce.  Why are we supposed to care about this?  I mean, I have went through two divorces...count them, TWO DIVORCES...and it's never once been in the news.  Not even the local news. 

A few difference between Tom Cruise, Katy Holmes and myself are these:

     They are actors.....very good actors.  I do not act.  Well not on television or in the movies.  I act like a good person.  I act like I know the right answers.  I act like I know what I'm doing even if I don't.  Sometimes.  

     They live in Hollywood.....or someplace big and expensive like it.  And their mortgage is probably a scary five digits...at least.  No, I did not add any cents on to that.  I do not live in Hollywood.....or anyplace big and expensive like it.  I live in a little podunk town with little podunk neighbors and we all know and like each other.  To an extent.  We don't have to compete for yard ornaments, cars, properties or even trophy spouses.  My mortgage is safely five digits.  Including cents.  Safely.

    They believe in Scientology.   "Developed by L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one's true spiritual nature and one's relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spirtual universe and the Supreme Being."   They believe that "Man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes."  Scientologists believe that man is an immortal spiritual being, his experiences reach far beyond a single lifetime, and that his capabilities are unlimited.  That's what I read anyway, when I look it up at scientology.org.  I am not a scientologist.  I could never be a scientologist because I have faith.  You see they are not allowed to have faith.  They have to have PROOF of every single thing that they want to believe.  I DO have proof of every single thing I want to believe.  I see trees.  I see people.  I see animals.  I see happiness.  I see sadness.  I see hatred.  I see regret.  Each and every day, I see these things.  Because I have FAITH in God.  Faith.

     Tom and Katy shook the nation when they got together.  She was much younger than him and they were "so cute together."  And then there's the time he went on the Oprah show and made a stoopid fool of himself because someone finally returned his feelings.  I tell you what, Nicole Kidman dodged a bullet there.  I have yet to shake the nation.  I can though, shake the hell out of those pancake mixes that you "just add water to."  Yes I can.  And Oprah's show got cancelled before I could get on it.  I'm pretty confident that if she ever read my blogs, she'd want me on her show.  Doesn't matter.  I don't care for her either.  

     Tom Cruise made the news several years ago when he admitted that he was going to eat Katy Holmes' placenta after giving birth to their first child.  For Christ's sake, that is just wrong.  I don't care the reason.  I don't care the religion.  I don't even care if he's anemic.  Wrong is just wrong.  And that my friends, is fricken wrong.  On so many levels that it makes ME sick!  Not an easy feat.  And so there you have it.  Yet another difference.  I do not eat placenta.  

So why is this such big news, this divorce?  Why do people really give a rat's ass about why they are divorcing; what kind of alimony she will receive; how the kids' visits will be set up?  WHY DOES THIS MATTER to anyone except for Tom Cruise and Katy Holmes?????  Since when did the public get SO high and mighty that they DESERVE to know what goes on behind closed doors of anyone other than themselves?  I wonder if there are any people out there that think they know my business?  Not that I care because if someone wants to know this stuff, they can ask me and I will tell them what they NEED to know.  

I'm sure Tom and Katy don't want their private life divulged any more than it already is.  Maybe these people.......the ones that think they need to know each and every detail.......need to take a step back and spend a little more time in their own world.  Fixing their own problems.  Making their own solutions.  

I myself, could care less if Tom and Katy divorce; jump off the Brooklyn bridge; move their citizenship to Cambodia; or even win the Powerball.  Geezus people, stop being so damned nosey!!

I only looked at one article on the Yahoo! news tonight.  Can you tell which one it was?  We can all thank our lucky stars that I am not going to read anymore of that crap tonight.  Have a great night.  I hope your secrets stay with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment