2012/12/17

Slow down time

I was going over my blog list and this is blog #118 in 10 months.  That's 11.8 blogs per month.  Not bad.  I wish I had done better.  It hasn't been a year yet so I won't get too down on myself.  Yet.

The cookies are all made.  Platters have all been wrapped.  Deliveries have all been done.  And now I will give you my "low down" on it.

Through this project:
I have met new people.
I have learned about new charities.
I have relived a lot of memories of my past.
I have got to travel.
I have made people smile.
I have walked away from dozens of places with my own huge smile.
I feel good about myself and my project.

There wasn't any "favorite" person that I saw because I saw so many of them.  I missed a few of them as well.  That's the down-side to delivering on a whim.  It's also an upside so they don't know for sure where the goodies came from.  *sigh* So this project...this gift...this ultimate fun that I have had the joy of doing, has it's advantages and disadvantages. 

I wished there was a way to be more anonymous about it but when the leader of the project blabs it around the world (such as this), it's hard to keep it contained.  That's okay too I guess.

If you are reading this and you received a goodie platter, I want you to know that this was not just from me.  It may have been my idea, but it definitely wasn't just from me.  I had people that donated money, platters, ingredients from sugar to plastic wrap to chocolate chips, tags and their time & delivery services.  There were many involved.  And it was FANTASTIC!  It was a very exciting project. 

And yes.  We will do it all again next Christmas.  I ask that you keep your ears and eyes open this year and help us really reach out to those in our communities.  There is always someone that needs a smile on their face.  There is always someone out there that needs to know there are people that care.  Even if we don't know them.

As soon as Christmas is over, me and my group will get started looking for anything and everything we can use for next year's goodie trays.  We are always looking for volunteers so if you want to help, let me know.  I have a couple of people that have already donated money.  I have a couple of people that want to make cookies and/or fudge to donate for the platters.  And remember, if you want to donate something like that (cookies or candy/fudge), you don't have to make an enormous amount of anything.  We will use what we have and make it work. 

And here's the kicker.  I want next year's to be bigger.  Do you think we could go for 200 platters?  Do you think that's too much to ask for?  I will not be using the same list that I used this year.  It has been thrown out.  We will start at zero and work our way up.  I don't want to be the only one (hint hint) putting names in, either. 

If you feel that you and your family are blessed and have had a good year...well, I would bet anything that there is somebody right in your neighborhood that is struggling with something.  We all have our days; our moments.  Let's not forget what WE go through so as to remember what THEY might be going through. 

I am going to be stocking up on flour early this year and am already in search of 2 more freezers.  If you know of anyone that is getting rid of one or would sell it cheap, let me know.  This is the best way to keep my bulk items safe. 

I told my husband that I would be storing 8 bulk bags of flour, 1 case of chocolate chips, 1 case of orange slice candy, 1/2 case of macadamia nuts, 1/2 case of white chocolate chips, 2 cases of brown sugar, 2 cases of pretzels, 1 case of almond bark, 1 case of raisins, a dozen containers of oatmeal, baking soda in bulk, a few baking powders, 1 case of powdered sugar and God knows what else!  If you would like to donate ingredients, let me know.  It is greatly appreciated.  That's just a short list.  I can't think about it right now.

So I got off topic here.  Again.  *sigh*

Now it is "slow down" time.  I hope so anyway.  This will give me time to get caught up on my blogs and maybe even some reading.  I am hoping anyway.  My kindle is feeling neglected.  I have several books just waiting to be read on it! 

I don't know if I will get another blog out before Christmas or not so if I do, lucky lucky you!  And if I don't, Merry Christmas to you and to your whole family.  May the blessings of the Holy Spirit rain down on you.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment