2012/12/30

We had a baby last night

A friend of ours asked if we would like to watch their daughter last night and of course, I jumped at the chance.  #1 because I love babies...and #2 because I haven't known them very long but really fell for this little doll the first time I met her...and #3... I'm not going to lie to you...I wanted to play with toys! -_-

So Miss Bella came to our house last night.  I think she was a little overwhelmed when she got there because not only was I excited to see her (waiting at the door when Q brought her home) but so were the dogs!  I believe they have never seen a baby before!  They sniffed her all over and wanted to lick her from head to toe but I wasn't having that! 

I got her comfy while Q brought all her toys and her bag in the house.  We walked around and talked about all the rooms and then we played for a little bit.  This was a brilliant idea!  Why didn't we invite a bunch of kids over more often??? 

Then the dogs got to be more over-bearing that I could deal with!  Ugh!!!  We took Bella out to the kitchen where she enjoyed some mandarin oranges.  Q and I talked about how having a little one sure would put some routine in your life.  I agree whole heartedly but there is no doubt in my mind, that that routine would be worth it times a million.

Bella is such a happy little girl.  She smiles at everyone.  Well everyone except Buddy.  I think Buddy's hair is so wild that she didn't know what to think.  He creeped her out for a little while but it wasn't long before he was resting his head on her little legs while she played on the floor later in the evening.

Anyway...I started on dinner while she and Q kept me company.  I fixed us some scrambled eggs and pancakes and let me tell you what...she LOVED it!  That little girl can eat!  I don't know where she puts it (well I do now!)...but she can sure put it away.  And is happy as a clam doing it!

Q and I both decided that we will be on the lookout for a used high chair and walker for her (and she has a sibling on the way) to keep at our house so when she visits, she can have what she has at home.  I was having the time of my life at this point.  Kissing on and loving this beautiful little girl!  I don't know what I would have done without Q there though.  He sure is good with kids!!

After we got done with dinner, Bella needed a bath!  She was covered in syrup and eggs!  I've never known anybody to look good in food until I see a baby covered in it!  Hey, whatever makes her happy!

Since we have such a deep tub, there was no way of me just giving her a bath.  And the kitchen sink was out of the question because we had just piled dirty dishes in there (for my down-time ya know)...SOOOOOO Miss Bella and I took a bath together. 

She had a blast.  It's funny how even babies know enough to suck the water out of a washcloth, dunk it back in the water, and suck on it again.  Too funny.  Of course, this is when we decided that baby shampoo and baby lotion would be a must-have in the house soon, as well as the high chair and walker.  Bella just splashed around and hollered at the top of her voice. 

Buddy didn't like that this "baby...or whatever she was," was in the bathtub with his momma.  At one point, he tried to jump in with us but couldn't make it up and over.  Ha!  What a sight THAT would have been!!!  Bella would laugh at Budha...that's his nickname...and he would cry because he was missing out.  Hilarious!

I had to use something to wash her with so here were my choices..... one of about ten different body washes (for adults) from Bath & Body Works...or scentless hand soap.  Either way I figured it was going to dry her out so we opted for the scentless soap.  After the bath, came the lotion...that good stuff from Avon, ya know.  She was less-than-impressed with us by this time, I could tell. 

I have to tell this because it made me laugh and laugh.  The water was almost out of the tub and Bella was just sitting there playing and watching the water go down when she tried to get up by herself and when she leaned forward, she farted.  She turned her head and looked at me as if to say "Well THAT was rude!"  And the smell!  How do little people like this have such a smell???

So by now the pajamas were on and we could retire to the livingroom and I could get the dishes done.  That worked for about a minute and a half.  Wherever I went, Bella wanted to be there too.  And she wanted me to hold her.  This isn't a new concept to me at all, after all, I have a hundred nieces and nephews, but what did throw me off was that she CONSTANTLY wanted me. 

The first time I met this little girl, she would look at Q and just smile at him.  She really like him.  And he would sit and hold her and she was content.  Until she would crawl over to me.  Then back to him.  I guess I was just caught off-guard by someone in my own home wanting something to do with me!  JUST KIDDING QUINTIN!!! 

Kinda... hehehe

So the dishes eventually got done.  Bella would stand at the door of the dishwasher and hold onto it to stabilize herself.  She wants to walk so bad so it won't be long now.  Quintin was able to help out a little bit as well, while she helped me do dishes. 

Kitchen is done.  I go in and sit on the livingroom floor and get out ALL the toys that Bella brought with her.  And believe me, she brought A LOT!!!  We played with each and every one and I read her Baby Bible to her.  She's got a great attention span for an 8 month old!

Achoo!  And immediately follow that was another, Achoo!  A stream of snot hanging out of that poor girls nose!  Of course we all know what I did.  I gagged.  Q laughed.  And he got the joy of wiping her nose.  Even if she didn't like it too much.  BUT she is probably the most tolerable baby I have ever seen when it comes to wiping their nose.  I've seen far worse that what she did!

We got up in the rocking chair and were sitting there talking when it hit me.  That smell!  Again...how DO they get that rotten stench??? I mean, their bodies are S-O L-I-T-T-L-E!!!  "It's your turn Q.  I closed the diaper after the bath."  And I left him to do his duty!  Hahaha great choice of words there.

I went to the computer desk and apparently THAT was the WRONG thing to do!!  Bella cried and cried and cried.  I thought she was mad because she had shat herself and had to be cleaned up.  Nope!  Turns out she was pissed at me for leaving her.  Even by this time we had picked up on her sad cry and her angry cry.  She gets red right between her eyebrows when she's pissed. 

But even pissed off, she's such a sweet soul.  Her eyes seem to ask me so many questions so I just fill her little ears with lots of random answers.  Oh don't worry.  It's not THOSE kinds of answers.!

So back to the chair I went with Miss Bella on my lap.  Sitting wasn't pleasing her so I stood.  And she liked that.  But I didn't want to just stand around.  I was tired and so I gave her to Q.  He had Tucker on his lap so that held her attention JUST LONG ENOUGH for me to leave the room.  And then she started crying again.

Q gets her a bottle ready and lays on the couch with her.  Next thing I know, it's silent in there.  "You aren't putting her to bed yet are you?  It's only 8:30!"  Too late.  She was asleep.  SHAT!!  He picks her up to take her upstairs and she is immediately awake.  The three of us go upstairs and put her in the pack-n-play...that her mommy said she would hate...and guess what, she did hate it!  HA! 

Q was persistent though.  He stayed upstairs with her for about 30 minutes more.  She wasn't crying but I could hear that she wasn't happy about being up there and she wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.  I told him to just bring her down and maybe we could tire her out.

More play time and then guess what.  Yep!!  More stinky time!  Oh gross!  Must we play this game a second time Miss Bella???  I swear just thinking about it makes me smell it again!  And I showered this morning and put on clean clothes so I know I didn't bring it with me!  So anyway, I got poopy pants duty that time.  That little girl sure doesn't like being laid down for anything unless she's READY to be laid down.  Wow! 

It was 10:15 and Q was trying to get her to lay on the couch again.  I knew it would be no use since she would just wake up again when we took her upstairs so me, Miss Bella, blankie, bottle & giraffe went upstairs. 

Now I have to tell you about this giraffe.  It was the coolest thing!  It's probably been around forever, but since I have no kids, how would I know???  It has this "sleep" button on it and when you turn it on and push sleep, it makes a breathing sound.  Not very loud but just loud enough. 

I laid Bella beside me in bed and turned on the giraffe.  She laid there and drank the rest of her bottle before falling asleep and all I could think was, "I can't sleep on my left side and that giraffe is going to keep me up ALL night!  How does that put anyone to sleep? It's SO loud!!!"  Oh well, I will turn around when Q comes to bed.

It's 12:27 and Bella can't find her binky so she fusses a little bit.  That's when I notice Q is in bed.  Whoa, that damned giraffe put me to sleep and now my arm is killing me!  Ha!  What a night we had.  Q was no help to me in the wee hours as he likes nothing more than his sleep.  And that's ok with me because he was such a great help last night.  I sure couldn't have done it without him. 

Thanks babe, I love you so much. 

All-in-all, our night with Miss Bella was a lot of fun.  And we are going to have more fun times with her and her mommy and daddy.  She needs to come up and spend the night and be spoiled some more though. 

I'm so glad I don't have children.  I was definitely cut out to be an aunt and that's it.  Thanks Alisha and Galen for sharing your sweet, precious daughter with us!  We really love her!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment