2012/12/07

The best of both worlds

So since I keep forgetting to post the blog that I wrote before the last blog...*breathe*...I will just tell you what it said.  Or at least what I can remember.  Good luck to all of us.

My dog has been having some odd behaviors lately.  Behaviors that he has never had before.  The other night, he went over to the dog kennel that is in the back of our livingroom for the winter (so the outside dogs can come in and be warm at night) and stood in front of it and looked directly above it and started whining.  When we didn't respond to him, he started blatantly crying.  And the crying got louder. 

I assumed he wanted IN the kennel for some reason.  You know how dogs like to smell each others things.  So I opened the kennel and sat back down.  He didn't move.  He stood glued to his spot in front of the door and...still looking directly above it...cried.  I had my back to him so anytime I would turn around and look at him, he would turn his head and look at me as if to say, "Well aren't you going to fix this???"  I can only report that I didn't see anything to fix.

Quintin's chair sits at an angle so he was able to sit and keep his head turned just enough that he could watch Buddy out of the corner of his eye.  He reports that Buddy is looking at something above the kennel.  Weird. 

I got up and moved the kennel.   I don't know why for sure.  I guess I thought maybe he was hearing something...like a mouse...and I could "jar it loose" from wherever it was.  Well, nothing moved and he never wavered on where he looked.  I told Quintin that our ghost must be screwing with him which is weird to me because, like I said before, it had never happened before. 

We let the outside dogs in to play for a little while.  That seemed to make him forget whatever it was he was so interested in.  But those dogs got tired, took a little nap and then wanted to go back outside (it was really nice that night).  So back they go.  Buddy went out for a little while and then he came back in. 

Back to the kennel he went.  And just sat there.  Crying.  And looking at us as if we should be doing something about whatever it was that was making him cry!!!  *breathe*  Finally we just ignored it.  And before long...Buddy came and sat on his hind legs right in front of me.  He looked across the room, in the direction of the Christmas tree (that had been there for a few days at this point) and started growling. 

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder.  The tree has never once bothered him, let alone done anything to be growled at.  It was almost as if he was protecting me from something though.  He wouldn't leave his spot in front of me and he would watch something...in the direction of the tree...and growl.  Finally I had enough.  I walked over to the tree and back.  His tail wagged and we went to bed. 

Grrrr

Before I close on this subject, I want to add what that little shat did to me last night/this morning.  I was exhausted by last night and at 8:15pm, I said I was going to bed.  I woke up a little after 10:00pm and Quintin was not in bed with me.  I guess it felt like it was the middle of the night to me and it wasn't, obviously.  I grabbed my phone because I felt like...at the time...that was way more than I could handle.  I was extremely worn out (I think still asleep is a better way to say it) and I called Quintin.  Who was downstairs.  In the livingroom.  Watching tv.  Still. 

HIM: Hello?
ME:  Are you asleep?(Good one Shellie)
HIM: Nope.  Watching tv.
ME:  Well I just had a dream that you were naked in the bathroom with my sister.
HIM: Oh.  That's not good.  Maybe I should come to bed.

I hung up and fell right back to sleep.  I don't even know if I laid the phone back on the nightstand.  I don't remember him and Buddy coming to bed.  I just remember waking up later and there they were.  To the potty I go.  Then I remember that silly phone call I made and that stupid dream I had.  HA!  I giggled all the way back upstairs.  And then couldn't get back to sleep.  Dammit.

Before I go any further, I WANT TO WARN YOU.  IT MAY GET WORSE.  I don't know how much into detail I can go without making myself sick here.  I'll do my best -_-

At some point...after listening to my MP3 player, I drift off to sleep.  The dog wakes me up every once in a while as he is moving around trying to get comfortable.  At 3am, he wakes me up as he is gagging right beside my head.  All I can think is, "He is going to puke on me."  I jump up out of bed and turn on my cell phone light to see and nope, he didn't do it.  I go back to the bathroom because my stomach is killing me and as I'm sitting there...minding my own business...doing my own thing...not hurting a soul...here comes Buddy...and vomits. Right. In. Front. Of. Me. 

Mucus.  I know it's not his fault.  It's because of his collapsed trachea that this happens.  There's nothing we can do about it.  Then it happens.  He starts licking it back up!  OH MY GAWD!!!  I start gagging.  I know that I better find something or he will be licking mine up as well.  And the thought of that starts bringing anything I have left in my stomach...UP.  I grab the trash bag out of the trash can and set it beside me...as I'm telling Buddy to NOT lick up his vomit...and I lose it.  Thank God I got the trash can in front of me in time. 

At this point, my whole body is shaking...I am freezing to death... and I realize that my husband is sleeping soundly upstairs.  UNFAIR.  I called him.  Hahaha yes I did!! 

HIM: Hello?
ME:  Can you come downstairs please.  I am sick.
HIM: Really?
ME:  Yes

Did he think I just made that up to see if he would do it???  I KNOW that I can't clean up snot or vomit.  And I also know that he can.  Here he comes...and cleans up the dogs mess.  And goes right back to bed.  Thank you dear.  This is why I love you.  Don't worry, I cleaned my own mess up.  MY vomit isn't gross like everyone else's. So I can clean my own up!  HA!

So there.  A partial "left out" blog and a partial "new" blog.  The best of both worlds.  Aren't you glad you live in your house and not mine??? 

Before I close, I want to add a big CONGRATULATIONS to my good friend Kay.  She is a new great grandma to a beautiful little baby boy named Henry.  God Bless you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment