2012/12/28

Worse than spiders?

So the other day I came home from work and let the dogs out to play for a while so that I could sneak in one of my 30 minute naps.  Well, wouldn't you know, I sat there in my chair...exhausted...and couldn't fall asleep.  So I waited for the dogs to tell me they were ready to come in and I let them back in, wondering if I would be able to stay awake until bedtime.  I knew I couldn't but didn't know how I was going to get to sleep. 

I let the dogs in.  Usually when I let them in, they run from the kitchen to the livingroom; up on the couch, down to the floor, up on Q's chair, back to the floor, and then they chase each other around and start wrestling.  That's USUALLY the case.  This particular day of course, Annie did something that was different.  She ran into the kitchen and wanted to stay in there.  The other two dogs ran to the livingroom to do their usual routine.  I told Annie to "get going" and she reluctantly went. 

At the time, I thought it was strange behavior for her but I was so tired, I didn't really care.  Back to my chair and put a blanket over me.  The two little dogs crawled up on my lap and got in position for warmth and a nap.  Annie goes to the couch and curls up into a ball.  I must have been ready for sleep then because I was JUST ABOUT READY to drift off when I feel Annie at my feet.  I look down and she is staring at me, tail wagging fast and when we made eye contact, she looked over to my left. 

I looked to my left and right beside my foot was a mouse trap with a just-dead mouse on it.  I knew it had just died because as I picked it up, I saw the last twitches of life leave him.  Annie was sure proud of herself.  As if she had killed it herself.  The mouse got taken out and thrown in the street and Annie got herself a treat for letting me know. 

So my coon hound isn't really a coon hound at all.  She's a mouser.  Oh well. I can take that.  I would rather she be a coon hound BUT I will take what I can get.  At least I know she's good for something.  I don't think she wanted the house to stink.  Makes me wonder what she would have done when we brought that rat home with us from the farm (on accident).  Yeah, there's something you'll only do once.  You learn to check each and every thing in each and every box you bring home.  Yuck!

The end of 2012 is fastly approaching.  I don't know if I'm glad to see it go or not.  I have had a lot of good things happen this year.  One being closer relationships with a few people in my life.  A lot of not so good things happened this year as well.  I lost a woman that was very near and dear to me and although I know she's in a better place, my world is very much not the same without her. 

2013 is already looking to be fantastic for me.  I have so many positive things planned, and some already in-the-works, that I almost can't wait to get started!  Look out world, here I come!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.  I LOVE YOU DEARLY; EACH AND EVERY ONE!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think it could be worse then the spider but I have to say, a mouse I hate, and believe it or not I am afraid of them. lol. Ya go ahead and laugh. I just did.
    Thanks once again for the goodies. They were delicious. Think I gained at least ten pounds.
    Happy New Year to you and Q. I hope you guys have a Happy and very prosperous new year. You deserve it. Love Ya girl

    ReplyDelete