2013/01/23

A day of the crud

I have been trying to lose some weight since the beginning of the year.  I haven't had pop since December 20, 2012.  I am so much better at eating healthy snacks when I feel like I need to feed my face.....which is usually nights.  I am a terrible night binger.  I workout on an ab lounger (thanks to my good cousin Arin) several times a day now.  I take raspberry ketones.  I have started C25K.  I think I have told you all this before.  Or else I am losing my mind.  There's always that chance.  I also do a week of detox once a month.  Well, that was the plan.  I'll get to that in a bit.

Anyway, the first week, I lost 8 lbs.  The second week, I lost 4.6 lbs.  The third week, I lost nothing.....but gained nothing.  So I'm at a loss of 12.6 lbs.  That's a great start for me and I am looking forward to moving on.  I hope I am not at a plateau though.  I am going to force myself to work it off though.  Can't sit and wait to see if that's what's happening. 

I started my detox yesterday (Monday).  It's a glass of juice.  Made purely of 6 stalks of asparagus (minus the little blooms at the top), 1/2 of a lemon and 1/2 of a cucumber.  When I drank it, I drank it fast.  I was afraid of what it might taste like, and if I didn't like it, I was afraid I wouldn't finish it.  It wasn't the worse thing in the world though.  The smell was cucumber (which I love) and the only way I know how to describe what it tasted like is a "green lemon."  Don't confused that with a lime because it didn't taste like lime.  It tasted like a green lemon.  My girl at work, Beth, has told me that this detoxing will keep me "on the ball."  As of bedtime last night, there was no "ball."  By mid morning this morning though.....that "ball" was rolling downhill and it was rolling at a very fast pace if you know what I mean!!! 

So today, I felt like crap all day.  My sinuses really messed with me...or something.  I'm pretty sure it's sinus though.  I was down for the count all day long.  I had 3 missed calls and my phone was right by my head!!  I got up and went to the bathroom once.  And that was only because well...........you know...the detox thing!!! 

So about 5:35 tonight I get a call from a co-worker.  They need me to come in and work.  I'm the closest female staff and they need someone fast.  Of course I will come in.  Who cares if I have a pounding headache, stuffy nose and tight chest!  No, I didn't tell him that I felt like the ass of a hyena being drug through the desert,.....by the hind legs.....by a raging bull (I am assuming that is a bad feeling but how would I really know!).  If I'm needed, I'm there. 

Got to work and got done what needed to be done.  In other words, the important stuff.  Then it was time to clean the place.  I swept the whole building.  I mopped the whole building.  I cleaned jail cells.  I did laundry.  And I did it all while wearing a sweatshirt.  I emptied all trash cans.  And guess what.....I must have sweated out all the bad stuff.  I feel a lot better.  Just worn out.  And how could I feel worn out???  I slept probably 15 hours since last night!! 

And to top things off, I didn't take my detoxer today!  Dangit!!!!  So now I think I will have to start over.  On a Wednesday of all days!!!  Talk about throwing my stuff off balance!!! Hahaha.  Oh well, all for the greater good. 

So since I had to work all weekend last weekend and Q was out hunting all weekend...I feel like I haven't seen my husband for a long time.  I got up with him this morning but went right to the couch and don't even remember him leaving for work.  I remember him calling me while I was dead to the world.  I did answer him.  (He could take a lesson from that)  He said something about jeans and what size did I wear.  I mumbled something and hung up.  Don't know what I said but the next thing I remember in my fog was him coming in the house, putting some stuff on the table and saying something about jeans again, and then he was gone.  And I was out.

So when I woke up at 5pm, I saw this pair of  jeans laying on the table with a bag that had a couple of sweatshirts and a pretty aqua blue colored t-shirt.  They were from the Fontanelle Lumber Yard.  Cool.  I assumed the t-shirt and jeans were mine because the jeans said "Lady K" or something on the back pocket and like I said, the t-shirt was pretty.  And I also assumed the sweatshirts were Q's.  Well, I found out tonight that only the jeans were for me.  All the shirts were Q's.  Even the pretty blue one.  I can probably guilt him out of it if I want it bad enough.  I will have to see what it looks like on me.  Tomorrow.  Too bad the jeans don't fit me.  But I'm hoping by years end, they will.  Only time will tell.  I will keep them one year and if I can't wear them, I will find someone who will. 

So anyway, that's about all that's going on in my life.  Everything else is quiet.  Poor Baby Bella has severe ear infection in both ears.  I feel so sorry for her.  I hate ear trouble.  That and tooth trouble.  Ugh!  I saw her last on Monday afternoon.....after our day trip to take her momma to the doctor...but I sure do miss her already.

On to something else.....

I have started my list of ingredients that I am going to be buying in advance for "The Gift 2013."  That should be a whopper.  I have a couponer that is going to get some stuff to donate which I think is freaking fantastic.  I wish I could do that couponing thing.  It just confuses me and makes me feel really stupid.....so I'm glad there are people out there that can do it; and will help me out. I also need a couple of other things "saved" if someone wants to help out.  Let me know.   I have 2 gals saving their ice cream buckets for me so that should be plenty.  But there's a few more things I'd like to re-use if possible.

My house is clean so I think I will see if my aunt wants some lunch company for tomorrow.  3 days off for me.  I won't know what to do with myself!!  That's not true.  I have to go paint at Kathy's house on Thursday.  I hope she got her room ready for me! 

Until next time, I hope you are keeping warm and reaching for every single one of your goals in life.  I love my readers and am happy to have you around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment