2013/01/08

I need a nap

Trying to blog today but I just can't get into it.  I think that has a little something to do with our dog, Annie.  I think she missed her calling in life.  She's not a coon hound by any means.  We have brought animals to her and all she wants to do is lick them to death.  No...I think Annie's real calling was to be a hog.  Yes...a big pig.  And a lap hog at that!

This hog wants nothing more than to be held like a baby, to sleep in our bed, and to eat anything and everything she can get her big mouth onto!  And to make the problem worse... my husband enables her behavior.  Well he did.  We will see what tonight brings!

Annie has her own food dish with her own food in it; and Buddy has his own food dish with his own puppy food in it.  The problem is that Annie will wait until nobody is looking, or we're in the other room, and then sneak some of Buddy's food.  She knows it's wrong or she wouldn't wait until we're preoccupied with other things before trying it. 

When Tucker went to his new home, it was a little confusing for Annie and Buddy.  Buddy sleeps in our bed all the time.  Well, after Tucker moved out, all Annie wants to do is go in and out of the house, looking for Tucker.  There's a game I don't like to play.  I think they are both getting used to the fact that Tucker doesn't live her anymore but when he first left, Q thought it would be alright to let Annie sleep in bed with us.  Because she always slept in the kennel with Tucker.  He just didn't want her to feel lonely.

So it's been over a week and that damned hog is still sleeping in our bed.  Last night Q went to bed about a half hour before me and when I got up there, Annie was laying on my pillow.  She raised her head to look at me when I came in the room and then laid it back down as if to say, "I don't know where you think you're going to sleep." 

I told her to move over and she just laid there.  I gave her a nudge to help her understand the "MOVE" I was almost yelling.  And of course Q sleeps through the whole damned thing!  I pick the hog up and lay her right next to Q and say "Stay by daddy or mommy will lay on you and maybe suffocate you."  Yes.....I threatened my dog.  Bite me.

Buddy has decided that he won't sleep in the same bed with her so he came up just long enough to check it out and then he went right back downstairs.  I think she bothers him too.  Fricken hog!  I woke up at 12:37am and the hog was spread eagle laying cross ways between the husband and myself.  Of course, he is oblivious...so I swing her around and tell her to stay off my blanket. 

I can be kinda vicious when I'm woke up.  Back to sleep until about 03:08.  I had had enough of this crap.  I was exhausted and just wanted my stoopid blanket to myself!!!  That hog was laying on it and she wasn't moving for anything!!  I tried pulling the blanket out from under her but it was a no-go.  That bitch was all dead weight.  I had it!!!  I threw the blankets so she was covered and I stomped downstairs. 

Buddy was sitting on the couch just waiting for me.  He must have known.  I grabbed a blanket off my chair and laid down on the futon.  Only to find that I really really need to wash the cover!!  UGH!!! 

Finally I fell asleep.  But I was cursing that hog the whole time!  I heard Q's alarm go off at 5:45 and the first thing out of his mouth was, "You kicked mommy out of bed Annie??"  Oh yes she did!  'Cause she's a hog!!  The first thing Annie did was come to the couch and sniff my hair.  I looked up at her and said, "Get away from me!"  She went and sat by the back door and waited for Daddy to put her out.

Before I left for work, she got her food & water dishes put outside.  She knew then that she had made me mad.  There will be no coming inside tonight, until it's bedtime.  Chomp on that you big hog!!  Oh I'm so mad at her, I could just smack her.  But I won't.  I gave her a beggin strip before I left and she will probably get a bacon wrapped cracker when I get home.  Because I'm a softie when it comes to my animals.  Unless it's 3:00am.

So my plans for the day are to finish my shift, go home, take a nap, clean my closet out and maybe go visit grandpa and grandma.  I sure can't wait for that nap!!!  But tonight will be the creme de la creme.  Back in my bed with Buddy at my back.  Ahhh life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment