2013/01/15

I don't even have a title

I don't really have anything to talk about tonight.  This could go anywhere.  Or nowhere.  Just feel like I should be here. 

Yesterday was the 8 year mark of my niece, Ashley's death.  It's always a craptastic day.  The first thing I always think of when I wake up on January 14th is how that day started for me and how it went downhill so fast.  I don't know if I will ever stop re-living it. 

Everytime I try to jot a few things down on here, something gets in the way.  Ugh, life!!  Really!!!

Looking through my phone for things to talk about.  I have a memo pad on my phone that I talk to.  It's not always good.  It's not always bad.  It's not always legible since I talk into it and it types what it thinks I say.  Kathy and I were going to Des Moines one day and I was going to tell my friend (that lives up there) where we were at on the interstate.  This is what I say into the phone:  We just passed the Earlham exit.  This is what the phone typed:  We just passed the girl in Texas. 

Yeah...gotta be creative when reading some messages from me.  When I go to the town of Creston....my phone will tell anyone that I am going to or am in Kristin.  If I were a man, that would be truly funny (unless my wife or gf wasn't named Kristin).  Ok, that went in a completely opposite direction than it was supposed to.  Let's move on to the phone messages.

I have some license plates in my phone of people that have pissed me off on the road.  Surprisingly enough, Sheila's plate number is not in here yet.  And I stress that word YET.  Here's a good one.  Have you ever accidentally stepped on the gas pedal instead of the brake?  LOL Yeah....neither have I!  Well...except for the other day.  I don't remember now, what happened but it must have been funny enough for me to take memo on it!

Hmmm well the next one...and the only other thing I have on there...is about money.  That evil evil thing we all crave and long for.  I like money but it isn't what makes me.  Having money doesn't make you a better person and it doesn't make you a kinder person.  Hell if anything it USUALLY makes you a worse person.  Money is like a compliment.  It inflates you. 

I have seen people, with my own eyes, try to act different or be different, to people that have more money and always wonder why.  Do they think their money will like them better?  Do they think they are going to shower them with money because they are kissing their ass? I just can't stand to see someone go out of their way to get approval from somebody that has money.  And it's usually pretty obvious when they do it. 

I know lots of people with lots of money.  I also know lots more people that don't have any money.  I seem to like the broke bitches better.  They are more real about life and about what really goes on out there in the real world around them.  I have 5 living brothers and sisters and 5 of those have more money than me.  Not one of them are any better than me though.  Not that I think they act like it.  I'm not saying that.

 I do know people though, that have siblings with more money and the "richer" one treats the "less richer" one like crap.  Like they are beneath them.  I've never been able to wrap my head around it.  Why would you treat your brother or sister like that?  I just shake my head and keep going on about my business. 

I guess it's safe to say that I will never have money.  And not because I would spend it; but because I love to give.  If I was down to my last twenty dollars and saw someone that truly needed something that I could help give them, I would do it in a heartbeat.  There's nothing more rewarding to me than to help someone; to make them smile; to help them understand and realize that there are people out there who give a damn. 

Well.....that's about all I got for tonight.  I can't seem to get my head in the game.  Just thought I should check in.  I hope you all are having a wonderful week.  January is half over.  We are almost one twelfth of a year down.  Time flies when you're having fun.  Until next time...I will be swimming with trying to find a date for this year's staycation and making my list of goodies that I will need for "The Gift 2013." 

No comments:

Post a Comment