2013/01/01

Happy New Year 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 
I hope you had a great night, celebrating, bringing in the new year.  We had a nice quiet evening at home with friends.  Alisha, Galen and Miss Bella came for dinner.  We had stuffed chicken breasts...which my wonderful husband pointed out... that all the cheese had melted out.  So be it.  Ham stuffed chicken breasts it is!  Baked potatoes, homemade bread from Galen's dad...which was to die for...peas, corn, veggie plate and pineapple. 
Oh yes...and a side plate...and I mean a big plate...of cookies.  Not even a dent made in the cookies.  Go figure!  That's ok though.  I have plans for those!
 
Us adults played Scheelsopoly the rest of the night.  That might have been the first time in my life I have EVER won at a monopoly game.  At first, I couldn't keep myself out of "the penalty box," and then when I got my head on straight, Quintin had to visit several times, and of course Gaylen held BOTH "get out free" cards; I think he stacked the deck!!  But I have to say one of the funniest parts was when Alisha started going to the penalty box.  She would roll her 3 times, pay her hundred dollars and get out JUST to get sent right back!  Oh man that was hilarious.  I have honestly never seen a person do that 4 times in a row!
 
At one point of the game, Miss Bella was trying to be difficult going to sleep.  Guess what?  She has a routine that I severely broke when she stayed with us the other night!!!  Can you believe it???  Yeah, remember when I told Q he was putting her to bed too early at 8:30pm?  Yeah...she was 30 minutes past her normal bedtime!  OOPS!!  No rules at Aunt Shellie's house.  That's how it's always been! 
 
Okay...so I took a wrong turn there.  Q says he will get her put to sleep (it was way past 9pm at this point) and he lays on the couch with her...while the three of us continue to play the game.  We just skipped Q's turn but when we landed on his properties, we were very good about paying rent.....in ones.  Hahaha when he got back to the table, he had probably ALL the ones from all of us AND the bank!  The look on his face was priceless!  "I put the baby to sleep and this is what you do to me?"  Uh huh, that's for giving us the finger while you were doing it!  HA!
 
So we really got into the game.  It was actually 4 minutes after midnight before we realized we had missed the "ringing in of the new year."  Too funny.  We were yawning at 10:30 so I'm even surprised me made it as long as we did.  It wasn't long after that we called it quits. 
 
Maybe technically I didn't win...because we didn't add every thing up BUT I had more properties and even though I had 4 houses on each of my properties and Q had 3 hotels (I think they were called shops or stores or something) on each of his...I had more cash at the end.  More "hooker money" if you will!  Hahaha you just had to be there.  It was hilarious!
 
So since Miss Bella was so sound asleep, I told them to leave her for the night.  I took her upstairs and put her in our bed and there she slept the rest of the night.  Only 2 bottles used from the time she arrived to the time she left.  Score!
 
So we started the new year with Miss Bella keeping us busy and quite entertained.  A bath and back home.  We took Tucker with us too.  He is the small beagle/wiener that I call my beaner.  He got to go to a new home today.  Where he will be an only (spoiled) child and will have the full attention of his new mommy.  He really took to her and she to him and he went right out the door with her when it was time to leave.  I am going to miss that little guy but he really deserves to be with someone that has time to invest in him and him only.
 
Back home to get ready for work.  This is supposed to be my day off but I got called in.  Fine with me.  I like going to work; I like helping out when they're in a pinch; and I like working on holidays for that nice extra "oomph" in my paycheck.  And so far it's been really quiet.  That could change in a SECOND though!  Let's hope it doesn't.
 
As I look back at new years' long gone, I remember all the stupid, idiotic things I did that probably just drove my parents up the walls and made them worry.  I'm glad they didn't know EVERYTHING.  I'm not sure at what point I stopped being that "party girl" and started being the "responsible adult," but I'm grateful that I am where I am.  I love being "that couple" that still hold hands when they are in the car together and doesn't have the anxieties that I did when I was younger (what kind of clothes should I wear?  Is my makeup okay? What would people think if I showed up with "that person?")  I believe God has brought me where I am supposed to be.  I am eternally grateful to Him.  And I am eternally grateful to each of my friends and my family.  Without you, I am just another wheel that nobody cares to hear squeak.
 
I hope 2013 is fabulous for you and your loved ones.  I hope you achieve everything you reach for.  Whether that be a resolution or a goal.  Everybody deserves to have a star in their hand after all the reaching we put ourselves through.  So from our house to yours... Happy New Year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment