2013/01/08

Found in the back of the safe


And speaking of the coonhound…I have to share this because…although it may not be funny to you…I just about pissed myself laughing.  Quintin had some ramen noodles (between naps) and he’s probably the only one I know that eats ramen with a fork but he does.  So he’s done eating and he’s sitting there holding his bowl and fork and Annie…that’s the coonhound… comes over to him and nudges his hand.  Out of the corner of my eye, I see her do this.  I also see him try to poke her with his fork.  She got away though, before he could actually get her.

ME:  “Did you really just poke Annie with your fork?”  I am trying desperately to get my eyes to stay open.
HIM:  “I tried but she moved before I could.”
ME:  “Why would you do that?”
HIM:  “To see if she was done.”
Silence.  I am staring at the TV like a zombie.  What he had just said was not registering in my brain.  After about a whole minute, it hits me.  She’s not a steak!!!  I burst out laughing and I say “You are so dumb, I just got that!”  (Who really looks like the dumb one here???)  He looks at me and says “It took you THAT long to understand what I just said?”  The whole time I am laughing hysterically.  And I’m laughing again as I am typing this.  Maybe that was one of those “you had to be there” moments.  I don’t know.  I thought it was funny!!!

I will end this for now.  I’m sure I had much more to say but my body is telling me to go to bed.  I have platters to put together in the morning.  And laundry to fold.  And dishes to put away.  And a living room to vacuum.  And a job to go to.  *sigh*  I need a magic wand.

One more thing, before I forget…..I have had SEVERAL people ask if I am going to do the “The Gift” again next year.  That’s a big hell yeah!!  I hope for it to be bigger and better next year though.  More organized.  Have days where several people can come and help mix and bake and then another day or two when we can all get together and deliver to different areas the same day!!!  I will start buying things as soon as I can.  Deep freeze.  I need another deep freeze.  Actually two deep freezes if possible.  If you hear of one that isn’t too far away and isn’t too expensive, let me know.  I need one chest style and one upright.

No comments:

Post a Comment