2012/03/13

What comes around, goes around

Before I get started on today's blog, I would like to make an "editor's note" about my comment of the gal that "talks like she wipes her ass with hundred dollar bills."  I stand corrected.  It's fifties.  She isn't that rich........yet.
I remember growing up and having to use toilet paper to wipe with.  Hell I STILL use toilet paper, what am I saying?!?  *Note to self:  buy lotto ticket tomorrow :)

Today's mess is brought to you by your favorite hypocrite.  I shall thank my niece Annie for this one since she believes she never has been and never will be a hypocrite.  Tsk tsk, to quote her and to throw right back in her face.

Am I right or am I right??  Have you EVER said you "hated" something or "would NEVER do that" and ended up after growing up (well I haven't done the growing up part yet) having to do the very thing you said you wouldn't do?  I mean, you can not convince me that at SOME point in our existence, we aren't confronted with a dilemma that we didn't want to have to face or deal with.  Maybe that's not a hypocrite?

I could just look it up in the dictionary but why should I?  I will just ask one of my Words with Cheats girls next time they use the word.  I still think you're A-holes in that game girls.  Moving on............

A person that used to be a Facebook friend; someone I have known practically all my life; someone who didn't have the best of things growing up and had to face a lot of dilemmas and tough family situations over the years because of choices they made (sometimes), has taken quite a political stance in his community.  He moved away when he got out of school and made his life a pretty good life.  As far as I know, this man worked hard to get the things he has.  Who am I to judge how he got to his good life, right?  OK well this stance he has taken in his community is to "better the community."  I'm all for that, by anyone.  The way he has chosen to go about it though is to post on Facebook, things he doesn't like about people.  

Now, he has never used a name when talking about someone BUT when he outright names the places where these people work, he may as well be using their names.  It's a small community and everybody knows everybody's business anyway.  This guy wants to be on the city council.  So he ran for it.  And he didn't get it.  He must've figured out (finally) that maybe his public humiliation of people hurt him a little more than he thought it would.  

One thing I thought was hilarious was when he was running for council, he made a Facebook page for it and added me to his "group."  He knows I live an hour away and he also knows how I feel about publicly talking about your political views, but he added me.  So I un-added me.  -_-  Then I took him off my Facebook.  

I recently heard that this same guy is publicly running people's names into the ground.  Big mistake dude.  Duh.  Names of people that have lived there their whole lives.  People who have worked hard, and some not so hard, to get the positions and titles they have.  People who do not hurt, judge or harass any other people.  People who go to church regularly and try to do the right thing.  People that treat others with respect and have raised their children to be shining examples in their community.  People that are law-abiding by all means.  Now, I'm not saying these people are perfect. Not at all.  

Something else I should mention is that in small communities, we all know that nepotism sometimes happens.  I will honestly tell you that my dad got my sister a job when his employee got mad over a reprimand and walked out on him and he HAD to have someone in that position.  It wasn't a position you could just take a month or so to wait for the right applicant.  I know that was vague but I don't want to give too many identities out if I can avoid it.  My point is, nepotism is everywhere and that's not a reason to go after someone and their family.  

How would you like it if you had a business and needed a good, dependable employee and after hiring your adult child to work for you, someone who just moved to town after 20+ years publicly ostracized you for hiring your son/daughter (20+ years ago) and questioned your business policies and had your whole family investigated?  

I don't know about you but I would come back at them with a vengeance.  They wouldn't even know what hit them.  Not only would I be publicly declaring, the decisions this person made before leaving town and not wanting to be a part of it until now, but I would be publicly declaring how proud I am of my son/daughter and his/her accomplishments that they have achieved ON THEIR OWN.  

I do believe that as a taxpayer, you have a right to know where your money is being spent; BUT I also believe that as a taxpayer, you can't expect your city officials to take a loss of benefits/pay simply because they shot you down for an extravagant purchase that you wanted them to make.  Yes, that's how it happened.

He asked the city to spend money on something that has never been asked for until he moved to town. As an example, I will say he asked the city to build a "race track".  Now, before he moved back to town, nobody had ever asked for a "race track".  He wants one because his child likes to "race."  I'm not saying that his child is the ONLY one that likes to "race."  I'm saying that nobody ever expected the city to dish out money for something that hardly anybody in that town ever does.  And I will say that the liability on this "race track," would be astounding for a small town.

So he is on a mission to go after someone that works for the city and their family and the adult child's family.  Are you following me or did I just lose you on that turn?  I lost myself.  I had to go back and cut and crumple and throw away and re-type.  *sigh*  I get so caught up in my thoughts that I forget you're here with me.  Sorry, take no offense.  It's just that you're such a good listener.  Anywho.......moving on.....

He is investigating someone, their employee/child AND that child's family.  NOW HOW BULLSHIT IS THAT??? I think someone should let me kick him in the balls.  


A while back I posted on Facebook about how my dad taught us that you don't brag up your political candidates.  You do your research and make your own decisions.  Nobody makes them for you.  Be proud of your candidate, win or lose.  When I posted this to Facebook, this particular guy commented about how intelligent my father was and what a good man he was.  I have wondered many times today if he realized the nepotism in MY family's line of work.  Bastard.  


Well as I read back on this mess, I realize, it's not even funny.  People are so stupid sometimes.  I hope tomorrow is better.  I have two huge issues for a couple of blogs the next couple of days.  I hope I have the energy and the balls to put them in print.  Ok, well we all know I have the balls.  The energy is a whole other issue!  I am going to go look at the awesome dessert I made today and then head to bed.  This is me:  signing off.  Hasta la nachos los huevos!  (Yes, I DO realize that makes perfectly NO sense!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment