2012/05/28

A long weekend

Well, Memorial Day has come and went.  Well almost.  Less than four hours and it's done and gone for another year.  We met Friday night and decorated the graves of our parents, grandparents, greats and uncles.  We let a Happy Birthday balloon go free for mom.  The kids all played "Red Rover" in the cemetery.  A tradition I hope we always continue.  Jeannie kinda started that many years ago when she was a little girl.  Her game of choice at the time was "Pick me."  She would always start and she would look at everyone that was there and pick someone.  When that person was picked, they followed suit.  That was it.  Simple huh?  She loved it and that's all that mattered.

After that, we took off for the hometown and decorated Ashley's grave.  Hal and Perry had all the kids convinced thye "hid" a 2003 nickel in the grass and whoever found it, could have that PLUS a free ice cream cone at the local frosty stop.  Nobody ever found that nickel.  And it wasn't for lack of trying either.  They were crawling around on their bellies like little army ants, looking for that silver nickel.  Would have been really funny if someone would have found one though. 

They played "Simon Says" next.  If Perry isn't the funnest thing for these kids!!  He had them running in place.  He had them hopping on one foot.  He had them waving at passer-bys.  He had them puckering up for kisses that they were really afraid just might happen!  And he had them exhausted.  I bet they all slept good that night.  I know I did!  HA!

After that, Matilda, Gee and I went to the local bar.  This is something I rarely do. Not go to the bar but let myself go.   Usually it's about once a year but I hadn't done it for two years.  Life seemed to get in the way of a "good time."  I was supposed to meet some classmates for a small get-together and they were all there when I got there.  I was under the impression that another classmate that I really wanted to talk to, was going to be there so when I asked about her, they all acted like I wasn't even standing there.  So I went to the bar and stood.  And ordered myself a beer.  Yeah buddy -_-

We found ourselves a table and before long, it was filled with a lot of people that we rarely get to see.  Several beers later, I figure I better slow down but
Gee has decided that I should have a "drink drink."  In his head, everyone should drink whiskey.  I don't know why.  He rarely drinks it himself.  I told him that there was only one whiskey drink I was willing (oh boy was I willing) to drink that night and they didn't make it at this bar.  Three wise men.  Off he goes to the bar. 


I forgot to mention, as my beer bitch, Gee brought me a Bud Light Platinum in place of my regular Bud Light.  I don't like it when people tell me what I need to drink.  But I shrugged it off and drank the shit.  That's kinda what I think of it.  Shit.  Don't care for it.  I think it's supposed to be smoother but I don't think it is.  I'll take my Bud Light anyday.

So my beer bitch is back (he's my DD so he's living vicariously through me).  In his hand, he has a Three Wise Men.  Wow!  That was some good shit right there.  If you're into whiskey and haven't had this drink, you should try it.  If you have had it, then you know just how good Three Wise Men can be!  A little Jack, a little Johnny, and a little Jimmy.  Thanks guys.  You're great together!

I have always thought it funny the people that drink and text.  Well I look at my phone and have a text message.  From a gal across the table!!  This is how the conversation goes:

HER:  I see you!
HER:  I dp 
HER:  Tri, overhauldudenbhccl
ME:  What the hill was rhat
ME:  Is that KIA with the BLACK hair a couch lid?
ME:  Shit
ME:  Kid, Kid
HER:  Uck this sux

Yeah, you should all feel lucky that I didn't text you.  I may sometime.  Just text something stoopid back to me and I will never know the difference.

So we head home finally.  I kept myself amused with my Kindle so as not to bother my driver.  We had to stop for gas and I asked to get out and pee.  Absolutely not.  Something about it being late, everything closed and we were in the middle of town.  I still don't know what the problem is.  Back on the road.

I was sure at one point, I looked up and we were going backward.  I would have sworn to it.  I asked Gee, "Are we going backward right now?"  Convincingly he says to me, "NO!"  Whoa, I must have really enjoyed those Three Wise Men more than I thought!!  "Can you find a gravel road so I can pee?"  He loves gravel travel so this was a no-brainer for me.  "Sure can!"  Back to my Kindle.  I tried playing "Words with Friends" but it is SO BORING when you're drunk.  Not enough action in that game!  The next thing I know, we are turning off the highway.  "What are you doing?"  Gee will have to admit that I am finally very submissive and quiet when I am drunk and he's driving.  "Taking a gravel road so you can pee."  "Thanks!  How'd you know I had to pee?  Did I tell you?"  Yes, this IS how the conversation went.  Most of you have been there.  You understand.

I don't know how I got to bed that night but I did.  My alarm clock went off the next morning and I hit snooze.  I never do that!!  I didn't have a headache or anything.  I just didn't want to get up!  I tried to make my head think of a reason to get out of doing the dirty old man's laundry but nothing came to fruition.  So I just got up and got on the road.

Got the laundry done and it's been non-stop ever since.  I am still trying to push the snooze button.  Actually today, I just re-set the stoopid thing!! 

Anyway, the best part of my weekend will come in my next blog.  It's about the "Premiere of Batman."  I can't wait to tell you about it.  It's like no other Batman you've ever seen.

And for clarification.....we DID drive backwards that night!  Gee finally admitted it to me!  He missed our turn off.  DUH!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I think I would like to see you drunk. Notice I did say think. lol Keep them coming Shellie. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Kay! The next time I go out, you should come along!! I always have the perception that I am quiet and shy but people tell me different. Hmmmmmmm

      Delete