2012/05/29

The Premiere of Batman


Sunday, May 27, 2012 I finally got to meet Batman.  Well...we all did.  That was his birth day.  Eight pounds, one ounce and a whole twenty one inches long.  He's so perfect.  Congratulations to Terry and Bella.  I am so in love with this baby already, it's not funny.  I am pretty sure I have been in love with him for nine months.  I can't wait to watch him grow into the Superhero he already is in my heart.  


I was going to share a picture with you but I have learned from the Spiderman and Superman movies, that you do NOT disclose the hero.  Ever.  So I'm sorry.  I can't reveal him.  I have written him a letter but being the absent-minded aunt that I am, forgot to print it out for him to put in his First Bible (yes, I finally found it and thanks for the tips).  Keep in mind, I wrote this letter when he was barely five months old.  


Dear Great Nephew,


Welcome!  We have all been waiting anxiously for your appearance.  Nobody more anxious than your mommy & daddy but all your other family too!!  It seems like it has been a long wait already but I know it hasn't.  I'm just THAT excited to meet you!.


First I should tell you that I am your Great Aunt Amelia.  You will learn at a pretty early age that I am the COOL aunt!  I will make sure you have noisy toys to play with and when it's safe, not ALL of your mommy's & daddy's rules apply.  Shhhhh we will keep that our little secret, ok buddy?  :-)


I won't always seem like the cool aunt though.  Sometimes you're gonna think I'm mean and sometimes you're gonna get sick and tired of me kissing on you but mostly you're gonna think I'm just plain crazy. This I promise you little man, I will always love you with every beat of my heart.  No matter what. 


When you're sad because mommy or daddy won't let you play with your noisy toys, you can call me and tell me.  I will get after them for you!  When you're happy because it's Christmas morning and you got all those cool toys you wanted, you can call me and tell me.  I will share your happiness.


When you're worried because you have a crush on a cute little girl in school, you can call me and tell me all about it.  I will listen to every word.  And do whatever I can to help you through it.  :-)  Although, here's a bit of advice early on.....girls are trouble.  Some are worth it; most are not.


Now don't get me wrong!  You have SO MANY family and friends who love you so much and will be there for you in those same situations.  And speaking of, I will just tell you right now; you couldn't be born into a more loving, caring and crazy family.  Yes, all of those.  AND I guarantee you that you will never have a family so passionate about loving you and looking out for you.  Whether loving or fighting, we are passionate!  You are a part of this family by such a tremendous bond of love, simply & truly, that it can't be explained.  And can never be broken.  Welcome to our world baby boy. <3


For a long time, your mommy and daddy wouldn't tell us what your name was going to be so we came up with "Batman."  You have been, are now and will forever be, my little Batman.  I was so relieved when I heard your daddy wasn't going to name you after a car!  Optimus Prime!!  See, Batman isn't so bad now, is it??


Okay little man, I am going to wrap this up.  You have so much to look around at, and take in, after you catch up on your sleep.  Have fun with your mommy and daddy.  They are new at this but they are gonna do great!  I will be seeing you soon baby boy.  I love you to the moon and back a thousand times over every day.  


You are going to do great things Batman; and your aunt will be right behind you each and every step of the way.


Hugs, Kisses, Tickles & Wishes,


Aunt Amelia


So I suppose I should print that out for him.  Maybe I will.  HA!  Slip it into his first birthday card with an "OOPS!" written on the front of it!!  His mommy reads these blogs (well she did before the baby came along.....maybe she won't have time now), so maybe she can read it to him.  -_-


Batman is in our lives by the total and awesome greatness of God.  I will try to make this story quick.  I know I seem to ramble on sometimes.....always.


Remember the story of my angel girl, Ashley?  Well, at the time of her death, she was engaged to be married to Terry.  Her death was very hard on him and our family prayed he would find someone that would compliment him, understand him and love him as much as we had grown to love him.  As much as Ashley loved him.


Terry IS my nephew.  He always will be.  It makes NO difference if he and Ashley ever married.  Things happen for a reason.  We are not to question why.  We are only to accept and move on.  Terry dated a few women and every time, we would wonder if "she" was the one.  Of course, the whole family didn't meet these women.  Some of them did.  The majority did not.  He was very smart in doing that.  -_-


So one day Marta calls me up and says "Terry is coming up and he's bringing Bella."  Whoa.  The moment of truth here.  Terry is bringing a girl home to meet the family.  This could only mean one thing.  He REALLY likes her.  I think I was as nervous as Bella was.  Although she didn't act nervous.  Within seconds, she fit right into our family.  


Very beautiful; very outgoing; very happy; and she seemed to be totally in love with our Terry.  I was SO happy for him.  He would bring her around more and more and she was just as much a part of our family as Terry was.  She is one of the most wonderful women I have ever met and I am so happy to have her in my life.  


Sometimes I will text her something pretty "flippant," and she just laughs at me.  I'm glad because I am not trying to piss her off.  I am just trying to "condition" her for my bipolar moments that everybody says I have.  But I don't.  Dammit I said I don't have them!!!  Shut up!!


And the rest is history.  They got married and eventually decided to give me another great nephew.  Yes, it was all about me.  Isn't it always??  I love this little family of theirs.  And I love this big ole family of mine.  And the fact that their little family is tucked inside our big family....makes me ecstatic!


Cheers to many many years of babies, babies and more babies.  From ALL my nieces and nephews!!  This is the end of my blog.  I hope you enjoyed my little story about Batman.  <3<3<3<3<3









No comments:

Post a Comment