2012/06/12

America's Best NOT at it's best.


So today was a really good day.  I got the chance to sleep in and I mean really sleep in.  It felt good.  Started my day out doing some cleaning and made a batch of orange slice cookies.  Realized I didn't have enough oatmeal to do two batches so it cut that short.  What to bake, what to bake.  I don't know why I feel this sudden urge to bake.....and bake A LOT.  No matter how much I make, I don't feel like it's enough.  My freezer gets fuller a little at a time but I feel like I'm going to "fall short" when I really need the goodies for something.  *sigh*

Remember that blog I wrote about America's Best Contacts and Eyeglass because I really love them and their service?  Well, here's an update.  Gee ended up leaving work early one day so we could run to the city and see these wonderful people.  I didn't tell them we were coming either.  That's why they advertise "walk-ins," right?  So we went in on a Thursday afternoon and I told them (the same woman that fitted me for the contacts in the first place) what had happened.  That it was my fault for not coming in and doing a follow-up with my contacts, yada yada yada.  "Now.... I'm here.  Can we do this follow-up now so I can get these contacts in the mail?  The company is holding them for me."  She excuses herself and heads to the back.

A couple of minutes later she comes back and says "We can go ahead and do the follow-up now but you are going to have to pay for the exam."  You've got to be shitting me.  I'm pretty sure my eyes did the whole "Mask" thing where they pop right out of the sockets and almost smack someone in the face.  "How much is that going to cost me?"  With a big smile on her face she says, "Sixty nine dollars plus tax."

If fire could have come out of my eyes, it would have.  I would have lit that gal AND the rest of the "technicians" up like walking, talking Christmas trees.  Happy fucking day.  "Forget it."  I wasn't very nice when I said it either, can you imagine?  I didn't stop there.  "All you people have done is pull my chain on this deal simply because I didn't do a follow-up."  I think she tried to interrupt but I wasn't listening.  "I will just go home and have it done.  It will be so much less wasted time.  Matter of fact, I know that Target will match prices with you so we will go there from now on."

I love watching people scramble.  And don't get me wrong.  I wasn't being a bitch to her because I wanted to be.  I was just at that point where I had had enough, ya know.  "Well, the reason you would have to pay for it is because it's been past six months (yes it had been seven months) and that's our policy."  Your policy sucks assholes.  "But we can still order your contacts for you and you can just pay for them here."    

And here's the real shitter of the deal.  They wouldn't release a script for my contacts, for me, TO THE VERY company they are going to order them from.  What a crock of shit!!  So, I put my tail between my legs and write them out a check.  And guess what???  It took them only four days to get their money from my account BUT here it is, twelve days later and I still have no contacts.  What the fuck??

So I went online to look for a phone number or an email address.  Something.  I wanted to bitch about it and I wanted to bitch about it now.  So I find a page that says I need to go to the FAQ's page first and see if anything can help me there and if not, fill out a customer service form.  So I click on their link and it takes me to a FAQ's page but there's no form.  So I go back and check it.  I do the same thing again and still no form.  What the fucking hell people???

So now I'm steaming and I go back, one more time (because the phone call was next and it was going to be loud with a lot of adult words in it) and on the left it says "customer service."  Thank goodness.  I click on it and nothing.  It takes me to a page to schedule an exam.  Must have been my mistake so I go back and do it again.  Takes me to the same page as before.  "Breathe Amelia, breathe."  Finally on the third try, it gives me a form to fill out.  I give them my name; my address; my email address; my blood type; my mother's date of her last period; the name of my father's first date ever; EVERYTHING.

And I get to the end of the form and there it is:  "YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 500 CHARACTERS ON THIS FORM."  Don't think I didn't get my point across in five hundred fucking characters.  Actually it was less.  I had seven characters available when I was finished and I didn't think they were smart enough to figure out ,,!,,.  Anyway, I told them to call me.  Not email me, not snail mail me.  CALL me.  We will see what happens.  Assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment