2012/06/11

A lazy day off

Do you have one (or more) of "those" people in your life that make you wonder just HOW they would get through a day, let alone a lifetime, without you (or an equally responsible adult) there to tell them HOW to do things?  Geezus H.  Not only do I have one of these people, I married him.  What the hell was I thinking???  (And yes, he reads ALL my blogs)  I sent him a picture today of thirteen ton...tons... of gravel (that he ordered) that were dumped in front of our house.  My thinking was that he would know it got delivered.  End of story.  


About five minutes later he's calling me.  "So I see you got the gravel."  Oh sure, make it sound like that was MY idea.  "Yes."  I promise you there was no emotion in my voice.  It's rock for God's sake, not silver.  "Ok good....."  There's that uneasy pause that isn't so uneasy after you've been married for more than twenty minutes so it's more like that annoying pause that is me silently saying in my head, "What the hell did you call me for???"  So out it comes.  "Why did you call Gee?"  And then he starts talking to someone at work.  Another annoying trait but I don't say anything because I have been known to do it myself.  "Well, I just wanted to see what you thought."  


Is he serious?  He wants to know my thoughts and opinions on a damned pile of inch and a quarter rock?  And a helluva pile at that!  I literally FELT my mind split into two sections at that moment.  One section was saying "It's great.  I can't wait until it's smoothed out and we can finally have a decent place to park."  And the other section was saying "Now you need to send that picture to your dad and tell him thanks for the two year wait on the fucking gravel that he has promised for two years.  Oh yeah and tell him thanks for paying for it like he "wanted" to do."  


What came out of my mouth though, was "It's rock.  How exciting can it be?"  I'm sure my happiness was bleeding right through the phone.  I'm surprised he didn't run home just to calm me down.  And while I'm on the subject..... thirteen ton...tons...of rock (can you tell I am having trouble with that?) isn't really that much.  When I envision thirteen ton...tons...of rock, I envision a truck heaping full...maybe even two trucks... to contain it.  But when it's dumped out on the ground, it doesn't look like much.  I'm not impressed.  Give me field rocks any day; although they are much harder to drive over.  


So I went out with my wonderful Aunt Grace today.  We tried a restaurant that we had both heard about but neither of us had been to AND as a bonus, I got to visit one of my FAVORITE stores.  Ben Franklin.  I could walk around that store for hours and not get bored.  I bought a very cute Dick & Jane bag. Love love love it.  I also bought a present for my bestie that wants to be my bestie this week. The restaurant was THEE bomb.  La Pueblito.  Check it out if you haven't.  I am still full from all that food.  And the prices just can't be beat!  


So afterward, we go back to Aunt Grace's house and visit.  She breaks out the glue and I break out my childhood memories.  I told her that some of my classmates have said they used to eat glue.  That creeps me out a bit.  She assures me that it wasn't GLUE that they ate, but the school's PASTE.  Of course she forgets she is a little bit older than me so I wonder just what this "school paste" is.  She told me it smelled so good and had the consistency of Crisco.  Ewwww and they ate that shit?  I don't care how good it smells.  If it goes on like Crisco, why would you want to eat it?  


So while we're talking about it, I start pouring the glue on my hands and fingers and "blow drying" them.  And I do this over and over.  Why??  Because I like to peel it off and see the textures that it leaves in the "glue skin."  I remember doing that over and over and over in school.  Glue is awesome.  


Aunt Grace thinks I'm a little strange.  Hello???  Hasn't that been established in previous years???  I told her I was going to put it all over my hands tonight and when Gee and I are sitting down watching tv, I will start peeling it off and say something like "Oh my goodness Gee, something is wrong with me!  Look at my skin peeling off!!"  Maybe I can freak him out a little bit.  Maybe I can even get him to peel some of it off for me!!  Hahaha I can't wait.


So that was my day. And now as I close, my shower starts dripping.  That's an odd thing for it to do in the middle of the afternoon considering nobody has showered since last night or this morning.  Maybe Gee showered this morning.  Who would know.  Sometimes he's such a pig.  Anyway, I guess my ghost is needing some attention so I will sign off for now.


I hope your day is bright blue and green with a big ball of yellow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment